main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUC Forum Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Genghis12, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Greetings Alaskan Jedi Kneesaa. :)

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome Alaskan_Jedi_Kneesaa:)

3. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I'm guessing this is the thread to introduce myself. I be Black-Dog, and though I only started posting a few days ago, I've been a long-time lurker. Been a Star Wars fan since I was a 1 year old, or at least I think I was 1 when it started. Hmmm, so long ago. I remember being into the toys before I even heard of the movies, loved the Gonk Droid and the clicky sound its legs would make.

I got into the SW novels in 1995, starting with Dark Force Rising. These days, I'm reading the comic book series Dark Times and Legacy, with the latter as my favorite. I also enjoy the video games, and became a die-hard fan of the Empire thanks to TIE Fighter. Then there be the SW miniatures from Wizards that I like to collect, and sometimes give new paint jobs. I'm also eagerly awaiting those new Star Wars tv series, the Clone Wars and the live action one.

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome to the EU, Black-Dog. Sounds like you enjoy many of the same things as most of us do so you should fit right in. I never got much into the comics but love the EU books(started technically with Splinter of the Minds Eye but for the record we'll say I started with the Heir to the Empire/Thrawn trilogy).

5. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    I've been around a few weeks already and have posted on this board a couple of times, but I guess I haven't really introduced myself properly here yet. And that's just rude, so I'll do it right now:

Hi, I'm Robin from Norway. Me and Star Wars have loved each other all our lives, but I'm ashamed to say that, as the years went by, I started having affairs with other franchises. We eventually broke up and went seperate ways. We stayed friends though, and a little while ago we rediscovered our old feelings for each other, and got back together again! Now we're more in love than ever!

A big part of our reignited love is that I've discovered just how vast the EU is. I've just finished the LotF-saga, loved Invincible, really an incredible book. Dig Star Wars games, as you can probably guess. Currently reading the KotOR comics, might pick up Legacy as well.

And thats about it. Glad to be here!

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Welcome! We're glad to see you around. If you have any q's let me know!

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Welcome, DocRevan!

8. Jackrack

Jackrack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2008
    Nevermind. [face_whistling]

9. threnody

threnody Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2008
    Hi.
    I'm new to the forums - only joined yesterday -but have been a fan of SW in general for as long as I can remember and a fan of the EU since I first started read the novels in 1999. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome threnody and hello. Please take a look around and if you need any help just give me a PM. I or anyone here would gladly help you learn the ropes here.:)

11. The_Conjoiner_Wolf

The_Conjoiner_Wolf Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    This is where I introduce myself. I'm Joseph-Oliver, but I like being called just Oliver or my username. I'm an avid science fiction reader and a dedicated Star Wars fan. I like to write Fan Fiction, mostly on an anime show called Death Note, though I sometimes dabble in Star Wars. My favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan Kenobi, aka, General Kenobi.

Guess that's pretty much it. I'm a sci-fi geek in short, who loves to write, travel, skateboard, and take photographs.

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Welcome to our little sanctuary for geekiness. :D Good to have you on board!

- Keralys

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Welcome, The_Conjoiner_Wolf!

14. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
  15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hello. Welcome!

16. Darthvenomous34

Darthvenomous34 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2008
    Hello brand new to the Eu community and have just recently began reading the books so far I have read the rise of darth vader, the yoda clone war book (cant spell it), the force unleashed, Darth bane path of destruction, and Darth Bane rule of two. Currently I have stared to read Labyrinth of evil and have enjoyed the few chapters I have read.

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Welcome, Darthvenomous34! :D

18. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    the yoda book is spelled "dark rendevous"

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Sorry dock, it's "rendezvous." :p

20. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    Hello fellow EU fans! *waves*

I've been lurking the forums for a few days and just joined. I've loved Star Wars ever since I was a wee tyke and I've been readin' the books ever since fifth grade. At first I only read the Jedi Apprentice series, but after a little while I picked up another SW book and started reading it... and I've been hooked ever since![face_dancing] I'm especially a fan of Zahn and Stackpole's books and characters.

Nice to meet you all!

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Welcome, Ryorin!

22. hunterchief117

hunterchief117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2008
    Hi though I would just put a post here to say hello, because I will probably be spending as much time here as I do over in the video game forum. Just wanted to say I am a big fan of the EU, I am slowly but surly putting together a collection of all the books comics and games that are considered to be "Canon", and then some that are not. I have all of the old republic era finished, and I'm moving into the rise of the empire era. You know finding those old republic comics can be a real pain, but for me it's worth it. Hope to see you guys around.

23. MaeveSkywalker

MaeveSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I have read some of the EU books, but don't know really where to start. Any suggestions???

24. hunterchief117

hunterchief117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2008
    well I would personally start with the thrawn series, it is a great starting off point, and then if you are a fan of clones read the republic commando books, they are also very good.

25. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Sure do! Click here for a great resource on the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.