main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider best dressed in SW?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Who do you consider the best comparable example of a politician mindset in SW?

3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I really liked the outfits of Jori and Gav Daragon. There's an ancient Roman feel to them, I think, yet they're really far more stylish than the gaudy, Egyptian-inspired outfits of the ancient Sith they meet, and the simplicity of their white outfits adds elegance to a dress sense that nonetheless favours a little too much gold.

It's difficult to find many good politician mindsets in Star Wars, when so many are corrupt, selfish, incompetent caricatures. The moral sense of Leia Organa would be a nice thing to have more in politics today, but she lacks the pragmatism and Machiavellianism that is also a requisite to climb up the greasy ladder - she'd be a powerless ideologue if she were transported to RL, IMO.
    As such, I've always had a soft spot for Uueg Tching. While I think his Atrisian Empire should serve as no example for an optimal government, he clearly serves as the GFFA's Machiavelli analogue, showing a keen eye for the subtle complexities in Star Wars politics that the "good guys" always seem to miss or trample over in their blind idealism.
    "Starve the centre and you reap anarchy. Feed the centre and you breed tyranny. The problem is obvious to every man. A solution has been revealed to no man." That's a quote you'd never hear pass the lips of Leia Oranga, for I'd imagine she'd be focusing on feeding the Rim at the cost of the centre in a flawed attempt to do things that signal morality like bridge the gap between rich and poor, nor would it pass the lips of Palpatine, whose goals were not to create the optimal political philosophy, and it has striking if very basic applications to RL.

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks again Darth_Dreadwar!

This week's interview is with Warrior_Goddess Aslo knows as Waffles :)

Welcome to the interview thread. Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What book are you reading right now?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    1. What brought you to the EUC?

Looking for fellow fans mostly. I was at starwars.com for a bit before here, but the posters were getting a bit unpleasant, not very friendly, and someone recommended this beautiful place. And I have never left :p

2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?

Goodness haha. I literally can't remember a time when I did not love star wars. My very earliest memory is being 3 years old and watching with my big brothers. I loved the fights, the aliens, the music, I thought Luke was cutest boy I ever saw :p I got my first star wars toy (a princess leia figure) when I was 4 and I just wanted to be her haha. As soon as I learned to read I discovered the little star wars section in the library and combined my 2 passions haha. It's been good.

3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?

A great plot. I want an interesting story, interesting characters. I want it to be smart.

4. What book are you reading right now?

I have been known to read multiple books at once. I'm currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen, Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood, and Hollow City by Ransom Riggs.

5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

I like to spend quality time with my bookshelf. Or quality time wandering around bookstores. Quality time with my other bff netflix. Occasionally my friends will demand my presence and I have to go outside.

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I took a vacation day yesterday (sadly only a vacation from this thread and not in RL) I am back now with more questions for Warrior_Goddess

6. Who is your favorite Author? give us at least one SW author and one non SW author ;)
    7. What's your favorite show to watch on Netflix?
    8. What is your favorite SW book and why?
    9. Who is your favorite SW character and why?
    10. What is your favorite waffle topping/s?

7. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    Haha the favourites questions! Fair warning I'm horrid at picking a favourite :p I like too many things!

6. Who is your favorite Author? give us at least one SW author and one non SW author

Too many! For Star Wars I like Timothy Zahn, I loved the books Jude Watson wrote for younger readers, Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston have also written some of my favourites. I loved the Young Jedi Knights series that Kevin J. Anderson wrote, really helped me keep up my star wars love when I was younger.

Non Star Wars? Still so many lol. JK Rowling is an obvious pick, Harry Potter being such a fantastically written series. Her recent mystery novel The Cuckoo's Calling was wonderful and I look forward to more. I enjoy reading any of Jane Austen's work, Shakespeare, John Green, Rainbow Rowell, Neil Gaiman...I could go on lol. A few months back I read S, which was done by JJ Abrams and goodness did it give me some faith in him for our beloved star wars lol. It was a unique reading experience and I highly recommend.

7. What's your favorite show to watch on Netflix?

My go to shows tend to be Sherlock, Doctor Who, House, Downton Abbey, or The IT Crowd.

8. What is your favorite SW book and why?

Again I could never pick just one. I love rereading the new jedi order series, the preferred ones being Star by Star, Dark Journey, Enemy Line 1 and 2. I recently read Scoundrels and that was fantastic, such a fun read.

9. Who is your favorite SW character and why?

I've always had a soft spot for Luke, he'll always be one of my favourites. Adore Tenel Ka, Jaina, and Leia. Love my strong lady jedi :p

10. What is your favorite waffle topping/s?

If I'm at home I tend to just eat them plain, but If I go out I go all out lol. Strawberries, blueberries, whip cream and chocolate sauce.

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Maybe this is something everyone else knows, but I don't. How did you get the nickname waffles?

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Patients DarthIshyZ, one more cycle of questions before the personal ones ;)

DarthIshyZ and Runjedirun like this.
  10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    her icon and she likes to eats waffles :p her other nickname is sweets :p self explanatory

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Here is my final set of questions for Warrior_Goddess

11. Describe your perfect day? What would you do,eat, who would you spend time with?
    12. What are 3 questions you'd ask Luke Skywalker if you could meet him?
    13. Do you have any exciting plans this summer? If so share :)
    14. What three planets would you like to visit most in the GFFA?
    15. If you could live for a day in the GFFA what time period would it be, what would you do, who would you want to meet?

Thanks so much for participating Waffles! Once she answers this set of questions everyone else may have a turn :)

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Last I checked the thread title it said "Now interviewing Warrior_Goddess!" not Falcon. Let the interviewee answer his/her own questions, thank you.

[​IMG]

13. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    11. Describe your perfect day? What would you do,eat, who would you spend time with?

Oooh, let's see. I suppose the answer to this would be ever changing depending on the mood I'm in, but right now a perfect day would be a lake day with my girlfriends. I have been yearning for one since the weather got nice lol. I would wake up around 7 or 8 and then read until my lazy friends finally drag themselves out of bed around 10 or 11. Then we eat pancakes and waffles and probably cookies. We'd go swimming and canoeing at the lake for a while then eat pizza for lunch. The next 12 hours are then spent watching disney movies/eating chips/playing card games/dancing in the kitchen.

12. What are 3 questions you'd ask Luke Skywalker if you could meet him?

- If you had known from the beginning that Vader was your father do you think you still would have chosen to side with the rebels?
    - Did you prefer your one-on-one training with Yoda or would you have liked to learn in a group environment like the academy?
    - Marry me?

13. Do you have any exciting plans this summer? If so share

Pretty much what I described as a perfect day :p Summer is very short here so I guess I'll take advantage of that and try to be outside a bit. There's a fair/carnival type thing that comes every summer and I always get excited for that, I love going on rides and eating cotton candy and corn dogs all day :p Other than that my summer will be filled with walks and reading.

14. What three planets would you like to visit most in the GFFA?

Coruscant, Bespin, Dathomir.

15. If you could live for a day in the GFFA what time period would it be, what would you do, who would you want to meet?

I don't think I would be too picky on the time lol. I would just love to see all the different technology and species, so I suppose I would go somewhere like Coruscant and just see the sights. Sounds a bit boring, but I'd just want to soak it all in.

Thank you for all the lovely questions Runner!

DarthIshyZ: Pretty much what Falcon said. The icon started it :p

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    If you could be any species besides human from the GFFA what would you be?

Have you ever tried to make Ruj cake?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    How does one get invited to the lake? I like swimming and Disney movies and if you feed me enough cookies I might even dance in a kitchen.

16. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    If you could be any species besides human from the GFFA what would you be?
    Anakin Solo had a friend who was a Melodie, which is basically a mermaid. So that one :p

Have you ever tried to make Ruj cake?
    I am unfamiliar with it.

How does one get invited to the lake? I like swimming and Disney movies and if you feed me enough cookies I might even dance in a kitchen.
    You may have to travel back in time and be high school besties with us. But we can throw mock lake parties in the BMC :p

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  18. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    ah lol. After a quick read through I've decided I probably won't attempt it, as I am allergic to most nuts :p

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well now someone with their books not in storage really needs to help with what the Corellian sweet Rum cake is ;)

Until then, What is your favorite fiction inspired desert?

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Ryshcate I believe ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    What is your favorite fiction inspired desert?
    hmm, not sure I've attempted too many! I used to make wookiee cookies from the star wars cookbook and they were yummy. I also have lightsaber popsicle moulds :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

23. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm going to go with Leia. Simple but beautiful and classy.

Runjedirun and Gamiel like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

25. Warrior_Goddess

Aug 17, 2006
    Favourite non-human species and why?
    Favourites are hard! I like them all!

Favourite SW culture and why?
    Favourites are hard!

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Nothing is coming to mind, sorry for having boring answers to your questions but I find there are so many already in the star wars universe I have not really been left wanting.

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?
    The entire Anakin/Padme relationship. You've got this wonderful smart woman who ran a world at the age of 14 and then her character just became disappointing by the end. I feel as though a lot more could have been done with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.