main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Do they even make solar powered satellite phones? o_O

6. What are your three favorite albums, and why?
    7. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
    8. If you could have anyone from the SW universe over for dinner, who would it be and why?
    9. I understand you attended culinary school, what's your favorite dish to prepare?
    10. What's your favorite sport to watch or play, and why?

Moonspun Dragon and DarthIshyZ like this.
  2. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    6. Three? That's a way too few. I think if I could only ever listen to three albums, it would have to be The Wall (Pink Floyd), Soviet Kitsch (Regina Spektor) and August and Everything After (Counting Crows). But if it were a top ten albums list, Bob Dylan would probably occupy the other seven spots, and the fact that he doesn't occupy the top three is mostly because I have his best albums committed to memory more or less note for note. King of the Delta Blues Singers (Robert Johnson) also gets an honorable mention.

7. I would have my own theme music that would fit whatever situation or emotional state I was in. And everyone else would be able to hear it too.

8. Probably Yoda so that he could teach me how to use the force, and because he wouldn't eat much.

9. Well "attended" is a stretch. I mean, I was there, but I didn't pay attention. I make a pretty good spaghetti though so I guess that.

10. Hockey. I'm a Dallas Stars fan to an obnoxious degree and the Tampa Bay Lightning are a solid #2. Also I don't play sports and you know that so don't patronize me. You're within arm's reach and I know you don't like being pinched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Your own theme music, that would be interesting.

11. I understand that you were a bit reckless in your youth, and had your own thread in the JC where they wagered :p on how long you'd live. Tell us about that and link it?
    12. If you had to describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
    13. If you could time travel, what time frame would you visit?
    14. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
    15. What is one thing you'll never do again?

jp-30, DarthIshyZ and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  4. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    11. Well it started when I posted a thread about the time I electrocuted myself with the power cable for a router by pressing it to my tongue. Then there was the time I tried to fit my teeth around the rim of a Coca Cola can and they got stuck when my jaw cramped. Then I stood in front a microwave once and my forehead went numb where it was aligned with the crease of the door. Then there was the time on new years' eve when my sister almost set my hair on fire with a sparkler bomb. Apparently one time I lit gum on fire and then chewed it but I don't even remember that one exactly. So jp-30 decided to take bets on how long I would live.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-fire-and-then-put-it-in-your-mouth.29812384/

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/i-have-just-experienced-the-wonders-of-electricity.25719858/

12. Five words?

Night Herald of the Sith

13. The United States in 1945. Post WWII we were just coming into an amazing period in the country's history - culturally, technologically, economically. Technology from that time still seems futuristic to me, aesthetic-wise. Between the 1945 and 1978 the future came and went. Before the dark times. Before the 1980s.

14. Warning: Product Has Escalation Problems

15. Marry my wife.

Because I'll never divorce her

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I wish we could dig that thread up, maybe jp-30 remembers the title so we can locate it. [face_laugh]

I'm surprised by your time choice, I would have guessed late 1800 to early 1900's because of the fashions. ;)

*walks out into the audience to pass the mic around*

I know you guys must have some good questions for the Wanderguard. :D

6. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
  7. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Well it's not curiosity related but there was one time when I was rappelling down a shaft inside of an oil rig column. I had a habit of connecting my extra gloves to my rescue harness to the ring at my waist using a keychain carabiner. Well, once I climbed over the rail, loaded up the line and was nearly horizontal with nothing but 50 ft of air and a steel floor below me, I realized that I had hooked my main line not to the ring, but to the non-rated carabiner. I looked down to start lowering myself and saw the carabiner separating. I managed to grab the rail and pull myself up before it slipped off but it gave us all s good scare. I at least had a safety line but it was static rope with several feet of slack and it was hooked under my leg. So I wouldn't have died but I would have ruined my back for sure.

Then there was the time I was in a gas plant in Hobbs, NM and an untrained back-hoe driver ran into an overhead pipe and popped a wheelie. It was a 600 PSI fuel line! Had it burst we would have probably all died. Again not due to curiosity but a somewhat near-death experience regardless.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I believe I still have the videos of you dangling from ropes. They were recorded just for the purpose of stressing me out.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  10. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Truth be told that first one is awfully specific and no examples are really coming to mind.

To your second question, in general I didn't find the aliens in TFA all that interesting but Maz Kanata would be the most obvious choice.

The answer to your third question is TR-8R, clearly.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  12. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I actually liked it a lot. I found the costumes to be unique enough but to still look very "Star Warsy," Kylo Ren's getup especially. I liked Luke's threads even though I wonder how they managed to be so perfectly clean and pressed given the circumstances. The one thing that did bother me was that Luke's outfit seemed to reinforce the goofy prequel/RotJ notion that the tan robes Ben Kenobi wore on Tatooine must have been the traditional Jedi garb. It would have made more sense to me if Ben wore them because they blended in with what Tatooine commoners wore. I could rant for days about the hackish things that started popping up in Star Wars as soon as Lucas took the full creative reins.

Fictional culture? Probably the gnomes from World of Warcraft. A highly technological, industrious race of small stature seems like it would fit well in Star Wars.

I've always appreciated how Aztec and Egyptian culture seemed to heavily influence the ancient Sith. The Aztec part especially makes them seem far more toughened and a bit scary.

Cthulhu and the entire Lovecraftian pantheon. Hard to define as a race, but they're some kind of aliens anyway. We've sort of tried to do that in the New Sith Trials which is fun, but it would be nice to see some canonical stuff.

I would like to see some attention given to the dark Jedi of the first great schism. Would be a way for Disney to expand the lore by exploring and canonizing ancient history.

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Baneite Sith vs One Sith vs Lost Tribe of the Sith. Who wins?

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    What's your favorite Star Wars movie?

15. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    None. The EUC Sith Empire outclasses them all

Favorite Star Wars movie? The original theatrical cut of Star Wars. And no, I will not call it "A New Hope" or "Episode IV".

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?
    Not to sound like a besserwisser but I said non-Jedi.

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmmm... Is a dark Jedi really a Jedi? Sounds like a philosophical question to me...

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For this question: yes.

19. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Do you like superhero movies?

20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I don't read comics. I don't have anything against them but they're not really my thing, I guess. I do like the stories told in the Star Wars Marvel comics though.

Best dressed? Darth Revan.

I like Kel Dor - I've always been a big Plo Koon fan ever since I saw him.

I think I would chunk SW:TOR and replace it with a more proper KotOR 3.

Classic imperial and classic Yavin rebel aesthetics. As much as I love Jedi and Sith and lightsabers and the force, to me the essence of Star Wars is Rebels vs. Imperials.

Davak24: they're okay. I enjoy some of them but I'm not a huge fan of superhero movies as a genre. I don't really care for the style of filmmaking.

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    What do you do for a living? How long? Do you enjoy it?

22. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    My career is in occupational safety, and I've worked in that capacity in multiple industries; construction, petroleum, and now manufacturing. I've also done emergency response/high-angle rope rescue work alongside safety. I've been in safety for around four years now, and I enjoy it a lot. Lots of problem solving and variety in tasks and skill set required. My dad was an OSHA inspector so I guess I come by it naturally.

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Are you insane?

And I guess I should ask your wife that same question.

:)

24. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    What exactly tells you that I might be insane?

25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Belligerent tells us. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.