main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_rofl]

Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Do you believe in ghosts?

Moonspun Dragon and DarthIshyZ like this.
  2. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Darth_wanderguard

If you were to publish your own novel, what genre would it fall into and who would your protagonist be?

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    What has been the most rewarding aspect of leading a large fan club on this site? What has been the greatest challenge?

4. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Belligerent:

Well there was this one time... I was attempting to repair a toilet flusher that would continuously come loose after every fifth flush or so. I didn't quite finish the repair, and I went to bed. When I got up in the night I found the flusher fully repaired. What else was spooky was that after every flush I could feel the interior nut loosening, but then by the fifth it would be tight again. This went on for six months before I finally looked in the tank to find it fully assembled. I didn't touch anything and closed it back up. But since then whatever/whoever was fixing it decided they had better things to do.

Snokers:

I don't have the writing chops to do a full length novel, honestly. I would love to self-publish and I've made some attempts at writing novel length stuff but every idea I have works better as a short story, so I just write those instead. If I self-publish anything of novel length it will be a compilation of shorter works. I tend to write fantasy, horror, and science fiction (poorly) so that's probably what it would be a combination of.

Mikaboshi:

The most rewarding thing about helping to lead the Sith is seeing novice writers/roleplayers who are timid and unsure, slowly start to embody their character with more and more confidence as they gain prestige within the group and build their writing skills. I like to see people develop. And just the social aspect - writing and creating and building something with other people, and getting to steer the ship.

The most difficult thing has previously been managing personalities, not letting personal differences get in the way of group harmony. But we're in a position now where we all genuinely like each other, so that's not been an issue as of late. Historically, some of us in the Sith have had the right idea about things and want to make something that's fun - other people are devious and have some really twisted goals, they look at manipulating others as a game. They lie and scheme because feeling like they're getting one over on someone fills the hole where their conscience should be. Those kind of people are straight dangerous, even in a harmless setting like this one, because they'll reel you in and then betray your trust as soon as it suits their purposes. Those kinds of people don't have friends, they just have tools. The bad thing is they probably do care about people, but it's a selfish kind of caring that doesn't incorporate a responsibility to other people's feelings, and certainly doesn't put a priority on honesty. They collect secrets from their friends so that they can be used for leverage or to gain trust with someone else.

Other people are just all about ego, seek an odd kind of fulfillment. Thankfully we're at a point in the Sith Empire right now where everyone seems to have the right idea and the right reasons. We all just want to have a good time, and the leadership is focused on guiding and encouraging and building up the group just for the sake of it, not in the interest of playing some kind of high level political game.

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Who's your favorite Star Wars character?

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I've read wanderguard's short stories, and they are very good. He should publish them. :)

7. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Yoda!

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    My favorites. They're from Inside the Actor's Studio.
    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    4. What turns you off?
    5. What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.)
    6. What sound or noise do you love?
    7. What sound or noise do you hate?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  9. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    11. That's a difficult one, because I love words. I like esoteric words like Eldritch and Squamous. I like twirling, squirming words like sacroiliac. I like solid words that you can bite into when you say them, like wrench, and muck, and goblin. I like light flittery words like celestial and phosphorescent. I like a lot of words.

12. Words that I find awkward to say. Like puissant.

13. Creatively? Selfishness! Create for yourself, not for anyone else. Don't worry about popular tastes or trends or if other people will get what you're creating, just create and be happy. Be like Henry Darger - a janitor who wrote a 15,000 page novel over the course of sixty years, and never even told anyone. It was for his own enjoyment, not for money or fame.

Roleplaying is a different animal of course because it's more about having fun as a group, but I think the principle still stands - if you enjoy what you create, there's going to be an appeal in it that's impossible to replicate in something you're dispassionate about, even if it's harder to get. I would much rather something that's less well-written but sincere and genuine, than something that's technically perfect but soulless.

14. Postmodernism. This attitude that it's somehow uncool to be sincere and unironic. It's a too-cool-for-school attitude that serves no purpose other than as a comfort to vapid people with no ideas and no convictions.

15. ***damnit.

16. The low-pitched hum of a fan.

17. The sound of styrofoam scraping on cardboard. I'm actually well-known among family and coworkers for my fear of packing styrofoam.

18. I like the idea of being a teacher because it would be rewarding, and educating others is already one of my favorite parts of my current line of work.

19. Professional chef. I did a year of culinary school and then realized I wanted no part of it. High stress, long hours, low pay. You've got to absolutely live and breathe cooking to do it professionally and not hate your life.

20. "Go on in. Yeah, of course all your dead pets are here."

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Last call for questions while we have Darth_Wanderguard. :)

11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    What is the flight speed of a laden sparrow?

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

12. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    It's equal to the acceleration of the sparrow's wind lift minus the drag created by its body volume multiplied by the density of its tail feather and then divided by the degree of any variation from a straight line path.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] I have nothing further, your honor.

14. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    What is your strangest talent?

15. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I can dislocate both shoulders, to the degree that you can stick your finger into the empty sockets and feel the hollowed out spaces it creates.

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Good evening ladies and gentlemen! :)

*steps past cleaning droids polishing floors*

I hope you'll enjoy the beautiful new seats and decor, courtesy of the insanity induced by our last guest. Thank you Darth_wanderguard for starting the food throwing and chair flinging.

We ended up having a post show brawl that will go down in the EUC history books. I may need to work in a budget increase during my next contract negotiations.

So, we'll start our next interview with a few new set! Put your hands together and help me give a big EUC welcome to Anedon!

For anyone who doesn't know how this works, I'll ask our guest a few series of questions. Please hold your questions for when I come out into the audience. :)

Here's my first questions for Anedon:

1. What first brought you to the EUC?
    2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    3. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.
    4. Besides SW, what other franchises are you a fan of?
    5. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be and why?

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    *picks up a muffin still on the floor... sniffs it... takes a bite*

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks Lady Belligerent

*takes the offered seat and raises hand*

I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. :)

1. What first brought you to the EUC?
    I was looking for a Star Wars Forum and I didn´t liked the german boards I vistited. In most of them the old EU was mostly forgotten and the main Topic were the new films. Also in one I found a Jacen-Solo-hate tread which turned me away. In the end I started to think about english boards and just typed Jacen Solo Fanclub into Google. I landed here, liked the fanclub and looked around in the other treads. I really liked it and decided to join.

2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    Well I really enjoyed living in the small town I was born for the last 20 years. But to answer the question, the USA would be intresting, I have some ancestors there but never seen it myself. Although I´m not sure where in the US I would live, New England sounds intresting or California.

3. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.
    SW realted I would say: I have a bad feeling about this. I sometimes use it in real life.
    Non SW realted I would say: Don´t tell me what I can´t do! from Lost.

4. Besides SW, what other franchises are you a fan of?
    I´m a fan of many different franchises: I really like the Song of Ice and Fire, I like the Warhammer 40k universe too and read many of the books. Also I´ve an intrest in the Batman universe, and started to read the comics recently.

5. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be and why?
    I´m Feeling a bit rebllious so I would say Jacen Solo. :p Then I could show everyone what an awesome character, and how much cooler than Kylo Ren, he is.
    *I guess I will get stoned for this*

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I also use 'I've got a bad feeling about this'. It's perfect in so many situations.

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
    7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    8. Who is your favorite author?
    9. Do you ever have SW related dreams or nightmares, and would you share one with us?
    10. If you could have a pet from the SW universe, what would it be and why?

Darth_wanderguard and Anedon like this.
  20. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah ist great.

6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
    The ability to turn back time. It would be intresting to see the past and to change my mistakes.

7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    I must admit that I would choose pizza. :p

8. Who is your favorite author?
    I would say George Raymond Richard Martin, the author of a song of ice and fire.

9. Do you ever have SW related dreams or nightmares, and would you share one with us?
    I had some, once I dreamed that I was a Jedi who was hiding from the empire and later joined the rebllion. I was a bit disappointed when I woke up. :)

10. If you could have a pet from the SW universe, what would it be and why?
    I´m not very good with pets I must say. But if I have to choose, maybe a rock lizard.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm always disappointed too, when I wake from a SW dream. :)

11. If you could pick any Master for your training, Jedi or Sith, who would you choose and why?
    12. What do you do when you're not logged into the JCF?
    13. If you could only take three items with you to a deserted island, what would you take and why?
    14. If it were possible to colonize Mars in our lifetime, would you go? Why or why not?
    15. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?

22. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    11. If you could pick any Master for your training, Jedi or Sith, who would you choose and why?
    I think I would take Obi-Wan, he is a great Jedi, but not as cryptic as Yoda or strict as Mace Windu.
    As a Sith I would choose Darth Plagueis, he could make both of us immortal and we could rule the galaxy side by side. :p

12. What do you do when you're not logged into the JCF?
    Well i´m studying theology at the university (but have holidays since last week). When I´m not studying I like to read or watch a Tv Series. Or I´m driving my bike through the countryside.

13. If you could only take three items with you to a deserted island, what would you take and why?
    A knife, a lighter and a case of wine.

14. If it were possible to colonize Mars in our lifetime, would you go? Why or why not?
    Well I guess that depends how long the travel would be. I would like to pay the Mars a visit but I don´t want to live there. The live of a colonitst would be hard.

15. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
    I think of Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, Napoleon Bonaparte and Prince Phillip, duke of Edinburgh. That would be intresting. :)

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That would be a very interesting dinner party, excellent choices. :) I'm also impressed you would take a case of wine with you on a deserted island - good priorities there!

I'm passing the mic out into the audience and we're eager to hear your questions for Anedon!

Anedon likes this.
  24. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Anedon: how long have you been bilingual? Was English difficult to learn?

Anedon and Lady Belligerent like this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Studying theology and taking a case of wine? Must be Episcopalian. Not to worry, that's what I am. Just, certainly, not Southern Baptist! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.