main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    only when I'm breaking the rules :p

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    ... Can you break them right now? :p Not really, per Mod's approval... :p

3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    :confused:

4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003

You liked her post! :p

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    you hit the like button on my post :p

twenty-four hour ban since it would be my very first offense, how about no :p

6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Um... do it on yim and allow me to report to the masses? :p

7. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    You might just get a warning. :p

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    maybe

flames thread Bardan_Jusik

9. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    A warning was all that we got from NaboosPrincess when we(DarthTyranous, PellyWelly and myself) decided to post every name for breasts that we could think of. Why we did that, I have no idea. [face_blush]

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I've had verbal warnings in the past. It's fun to irk the mods and skid and flirt with the ban stick :p

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Why am I NOT surprised that you would do that?

[face_rofl]

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    It's DG I would be surprised if you were :p

13. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Indeed. ;) Now I'd better ask you a question before I derail the thread any more. If you could live anywhere in the SW universe where would it be and why? Be as detailed as you like. [:D]

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I would love to live on Naboo, it's a beautiful place, love the scenary and they are a peaceful people :)

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks Falcon :)

Our next interview volunteer is Gamiel Welcome to the thread Gamiel! Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    1. What brought you to the EUC?
    The same thing that brought me to all the other parts of the Force.net: me using the search function and finding interesting threads and the 'What's New?' button.

2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    the Young Jedi Knights series were a part of my childhood and I read them before I actually saw the movies, even if I hade some idea of SW from the grate pop-cultural cloud it is now part of. Later I read the Thrawn trilogy and some of the comics and for a long time I was a casual fan: reading some of the comics when they were translated or I found older issues in comic shops, watching the movies when I hade the chance but not looking out for SW stories or prioritising them on my buying list. I don’t remember what the catalyst to me becoming a more active fan was but it was around/sometime before I come here.

3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    New cultures; new parts/places of planets/cultures we have already seen; the old school movie serial and swashbuckler feeling that existed in the previous SW movies; myke; a feeling of adventure I guess....

4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    I quite like freshly popped popcorns but most cinemas here around don't have that and my dentist recommended me not to eat between my meals so I usually have a thermos with tea instead when I go and watch movies.

5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?
    I work as a morning newspaper deliverer and is also a student at Stockholm university but right now it is summer vacation.
    On my free time I play RPG:s with my friends, HeroClix with my other friends; watch movie; read books, comics and newspapers; travel to the family farm to help with whatever is needed (usually mowing the lawn). Oh and I have recently begun playing the Old Republic MMO.

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A few more questions for Gamiel

6. How did you discover the Young Jedi Knights series? Who was your favorite character in the series and why?
    7. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    8. What is your favorite non SW book?
    9. What are you studying at University?
    10. Do you wish you could attend a Jedi Academy in RL?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    6 a. How did you discover the Young Jedi Knights series?
    I saw Lightsabres in a bookshop in the 90's, and it had a nice cover so either I or my dad brought it. And why not it is beautiful cover :)
    [​IMG]
    I am actually really disappointed that so few SW books have covers this good, most nowadays are just boring :(

6 b. Who was your favorite character in the series and why?
    Jacon I think, mostly because he was the one I resembled most, I was never as physical as Tenel Ka, lacked the technological interest of Jaina and Lowbacca and I was rather different from Zekk and MTD but had a nature interest. But I have to say that Tenel Ka was coolest.

I need to reread all the book someday, hopefully soon.

7. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    Although I have spent one year reading Film studies, the kind of movies I still prefer is matinee adventure (I am f.ex. a proud owner of all the Mummy films), fun action and world crafting science-fiction. Since there is so many films I like and many of them are well know I will instead share some less well know (at least I think they are less well know) films that I like.

Macbeth (2004) – this Swedish-Norway produced interpretation of Macbeth is filmed in the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi and all the actors speak Sami. It is beautiful and magical.

Císařův pekař a pekařův císař (The Emperor and the Golem) – This Czechoslovakian historical comedy from the 50’s is nice, funny and good looking and lack the kind of heavy handed propaganda that could damage a movie from this time.
    A summary of the story (taken from IMDb): Rudolph II, the Holy Roman Emperor, does not have a simple life. And yet he manages to complicate it even more with his frequent outbursts of anger. While he searches for a mythical Golem, an animated clay statue, Matthew the Baker is thrown into the dungeon for selling the special buns for the emperor to people. Matthew is accidentally mistaken for the emperor and takes his place. And when the Golem is finally found, it will complicate things beyond comprehension...

Storm (2005) – a Swedish urban fantasy-action-thriller that is weary hard to explain without revealing to much. So I use a summary from Youtube: DD is a smug fellow, almost 30 years of age, who can manage all by himself. At least that's what he thinks. However, a strange woman - Lova - enters his life, hunted by evil men who want to hurt her. Against his will, DD is forced into a series of horrific events...
    the German trailer and a recommendation to see it if you can.

Six-String Samurai - A after the catastrophe b-movie action with fun music (by Red Elvis) and a loot of allusions to the 50’s and music culture
    In 1957, the bomb dropped, and the last bastion of freedom became a place called Lost Vegas and Elvis was crowned King. After forty rockin’ years, the King is dead and Vegas needs a new King. One of the guitar picking, sword swinging opportunists who hears the call echoing across the wastelands is our hero: Buddy.

Bunraku – I found out about this highly stylized action movie through TVtropes and I was very happy when I found it at a bargain sail.
    After the last Great War guns have been forbidden but that have not stopped the eternal cycle of violence. In a city controlled by the criminal know as the “Woodcutter” two strangers arrive: a cowboy without guns and a samurai without a sword…

Outlander (2008)– Vikings vs. Alien with nice actors, costumes and architecture. What more do you need for movie night.

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising – the stand alone follow up to the first the Gamers movie in which we follow a dysfunctional PRGaming group, and their characters in the adventure, as they slowly begin to role-play instead of just trying to just beat the adventure. This move is a most see if you are or have been a RPG player and still a good laugh.

The Adventure of Robin Hood – probably not “less well known” but how many of you have actually seen it? I love this swashbuckler adventure movie and if I actually hade to do a top ten list it would be one of them. A true masterpiece were Errol Flynn is top-shape and before I found out what happened to Jacon I imaged his tendency for bad jokes would turn into that kind of quipping we see in this movie. If you have not seen it, SEE IT!
    Also
    [​IMG]

8. What is your favorite non SW book?
    I have read a loot in my days and there is probably some books that I really like but don't remember right now so I will mention some of the books I like that I remember right now

Gotrek & Felix: this Warhammer Fantasy series is full of action and humour were we follow the (seemingly) never ending adventure of Gotrek a dwarfen slayer - a dwarf who has lost his honour and can only regain it by dying in glorious combat - and his rememberer - a person who record the dead and death of the slayer - and common senses: Felix Jaeger who know what kind of trouble he will be in if something ever kills Gotrek, because you see Gotrek is the worst slayer in history. He and Felix have meet Dragons, Deamons, Ogre Tyrants, Chimeras, Vampires, Chaos Lords, Orc Bosses (and that is not counting the hordes of minions they have hacked there way through) and Gotrek's will not die!

Malus Darkblade: another Warhammer Fantasy series were we follow the dark elf Malus Darkblade, the unwanted bastard-son to the head of one of the noble families. He begin the series with little and has by the second book lost even that and have been possessed by a deamon. The series is about Malus working to get the artefacts needed to rid him of the deamon while trying to get so mush power as possible and staying alive at the same time. Through the series we see Malus Darkblade surviving not by being the strongest, smartest, or most skilled of his race, or even of his siblings, but by being the most hateful SOB this side of the Chaos Wastes, and he never gives up, even well after there is no plausible path to success.

Tales of the Shadowmen: Tales of the Shadow men is a series of anthologies full with professional fanfiction. The short stories use, mostly, old French pulp/adventure characters were they either are going on new adventure or are meeting each other. Here is the back cower text from vol. 1: "In the Paris sewers, Judex and a young Maigret battle the Frankenstein Monster. Meanwhile in Tibet, Alexander Whateley's plans to bring about the return of Yog-Sothoth are thwarted by the combined efforts of JimGrim and Robur the Conqueror. C. Auguste Dupin tackles the Black Coats with the help of Count of Monte-Cristo, and the mysterious Doctor Omega with that of Sergeant Picard. In Surrey, a young Harry Dickson teams up with the Sâr Dubnotal to expose the Werewolf of Rutherford Grange, while in the North Atlantic, Allan Quatermain and She encounter Dracula on a doomed ship. Arsène Lupin meets Lord Dunsany at a soirée and crosses path with the Phantom of the Opera in the Caracombs of Montpellier. Twenty years later, Doc Ardan has a rematch with the diabolical Doctor Natas and, in the far future, Fantômas lives again!"

Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny: this novel take place in a far future world were a small group of people have set them self up as the Hindu gods, helped by having monopoly on all high technology while keeping the rest of humanity in a "medieval stasis", but one man Mahasamatman, even if he preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman and called himself Sam, decide to break the "gods" hold on humanity and he dose it by introducing Buddhism.
    This book is full of interesting concepts and ideas, some of that I would like to see in SW, my only real complain is how the technology develop once Sam begin to reintroduce the old knowledge and that the "gods" have decided that plumbing is among the forbidden knowledge. If I was a god, or just posing as one, plumbing would be one of the things I would introduce to make the cities less smelly and higher the survival rate of my worshipers.

The works of H.P. Lovecraft: early 20ths century horror short stories with a lot of atmosphere that lad the ground for much in modern horror.

9. What are you studying at University?
    History* mostly, I am slowly working to a masters degree (hopefully). But I have also studied some Slavic culture, movie science and Finnish culture.

* World-, Russian-, Czech-, Polish-, Finnish-, African-, Swedish and North American Indian history to be precise.:-B

10. Do you wish you could attend a Jedi Academy in RL?
    Hade you aske before I found out about New Jedi Order I would say absolutely, but with all the stuff that happens in and after NJO... I don't know.
    If I attend I would probably work under Tionne, or one of her students.

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    This is my final set of questions for Gamiel

11. What three planets or places would you like to visit most in the GFFA?
    12. What three countries or cities would you like to visit most in RL?
    13. What is your favorite period of history in RL?
    14. Who is your favorite SW movie character and why?
    15. If you could spend a day in the GFFA what characters would you want to meet, what would you want to do, what time period would you visit and what planet would you chose?

Thanks Gamiel!

Once these questions have been answered anyone may jump in and ask their own :)

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    11. What three planets or places would you like to visit most in the GFFA?
    Oh, a hard one. I say:
    Naboo - beautiful nature and nice cultures both among the humans and the gungans.
    Mrlsst - It is an academic world and as an academician I think I would like to visit it even I would not fit the if competitive climate. Hopefully it will have changed after the Phantom Affair attack.
    Ossus - an interesting world with lots of history that is just waiting to be discovered, if I lived in GFFA I would probably travel there to get my doctors grade.

12. What three countries or cities would you like to visit most in RL?
    Another hard one. I would like to visit U.S.A. at least once, preferably have time to both go on a comic convention and be a normal tourist.
    I have read some Czech history and culture and Prague is old city with lots of history and nice architecture so also the Czech Republic. Maybe get me some nice Czech movies like the Hussite trilogy and the Emperor and the Golem.
    I would also like to visit Africa and Asia so one of the countries in those part of the world but I don't know which.

13. What is your favorite period of history in RL?
    I can not say that I have a favourite period, they are all interesting.

14. Who is your favorite SW movie character and why?
    Oh, I think Obi-Wan or Luke. Obi-Wan have a more academic air and dryness that I like but Luke's character development and optimism is also nice.

15. If you could spend a day in the GFFA what characters would you want to meet, what would you want to do, what time period would you visit and what planet would you chose?
    I like the feeling of optimism, rebuilding and re-exploring that existed in many of the pre-NJO works (I really don't like what NJO did to the galaxy) so I would probably visit Yavin IV and talk with Luke and many of his students and just enjoy the food and scenario that the academy have to offer.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Havac you can ask your question/s now

22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, do I get to ask questions too...? :D

So imagine that you, the real-life, human Gamiel, like the members of Rogue Squadron in The Bacta War, have been invited to Gand for a janwuine-jika. (It doesn't matter whose—just some Gand friend of yours.) What do you wear? And please answer only with clothes you already own or can realistically purchase.

;)

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would probably go out and buy a kimono and combine it with my coat and fedora. I don't know how I would do with foot wear.

24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What drew you to studying history?
    If you were given a time machine and given ONLY ONE TRIP to spend how you wish, where would you go and why?

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    If you could date anyone in the sw saga, who would it be and why? Gamiel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.