main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Halle Dray I think you mixed Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes together. ;)

2. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Dear me! Lol yes I did I meant the latter!

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, you would get one heck of a dramatic music mix.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's a combination I would not think of but that's why I like to ask this kind of questions :)

Halle Dray likes this.
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    We can get an infinite variety of answers.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Good evening EUC fans! Let's give a big round of applause to Halle Dray for answering all of our questions. =D==D=

It's time for our next guest to take the stage and settle into the hot seat! Everyone get ready to learn more about our good friend HanSolo29. =D==D==D=

*motions towards the comfy chairs and pours tea*

Have a seat and let's get started. :)

I'll ask a series of questions, and then I'll give our amazing audience a chance to jump in with questions.

Here we go:

1. You're obviously a very talented artist, please tell us what inspires your art?
    2. How do you decide what you'll draw?
    3. I know you're a Disney fan :) tell us which parks are your favorites and why?
    4. What's your favorite comfort food?
    5. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be and why?

7. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    *calls dibs on the comfiest seat and throws himself onto it, bouncing once before sinking into the cushion with a piping hot cup of tea*

:)[face_coffee]

8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    *Takes a front row seat*

Lady Belligerent- who are the names coming up next?

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, Lady Belligerent :)

1. You're obviously a very talented artist, please tell us what inspires your art?

Thank you! :)

I like to observe things and glean ideas from what is going on around me. For example, I have tons of books filled with art from some of my favorite artists (Drew Struzan, Norman Rockwell, etc.) that I use for inspiration, and I can also spend hours on Facebook and Google looking up different images of other illustrators that I have gotten to know over the years. For the film/comic art that I do, I find that popping in the soundtrack or the blu-ray of the film is very beneficial with getting the creative juices flowing. And again, looking up reference images from the film itself helps a lot.

2. How do you decide what you'll draw?

To be honest, it's been quite a while since I've been able to make that decision on my own. I'm at the mercy of the client, for the most part. :p But in all seriousness, it's more of a spur of the moment type of thing. It really depends on my mood at the time and what I have been recently doing that could influence that decision. For example, a film I have recently seen, or a tribute I would like to do for someone (I do a TON of portraits). At the moment, I'm in the middle of putting some portraits together for my RPF characters, so there's that.

3. I know you're a Disney fan :) tell us which parks are your favorites and why?

Oh man...HUGE Disney fan. I've been going to the parks since I was 2 years old and haven't let up since. The Magic Kingdom will always be my favorite, simply because it is quintessential Disney, and it instantly transports you into another world. Nothing beats turning that corner onto Main Street USA and seeing Cinderella Castle looming ahead of you as the gateway to the rest of the park. Fun little fact: EPCOT Center used to be my favorite park when I was a little kid (early-mid 90s) before they started making all of the changes. I still enjoy Epcot, but it has lost some of its luster.

4. What's your favorite comfort food?

Pretzels! I live in what is known as "The Pretzel City."

5. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be and why?

Hmm...I was going to say Han Solo (for obvious reasons :p ), but in the end, I think I may have to go with Mary Poppins. It's always been my all-time favorite film, and I love how she seems to spread joy and cheer wherever she goes. There's something truly magical about her. Plus, who could forget the whole "Spoonful of Sugar" sequence where they clean-up the nursery with a simple snap of their fingers? I could really use that for my own room/studio sometimes... <_<

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I always get the chills when I look down Main St. USA and see the castle, it's such a great feeling. :)

6. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
    7. You're a new addition to the Crayon box, what color would you be and why?
    8. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
    9. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
    10. What's your favorite novel, and why?

Dagobahsystem and QueenSabe7 like this.
  12. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    All mighty & friendly Lady Belligerent. When may I ask a "?"

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'll give everyone a chance soon. :)

DarthIshyZ and Darth Basin like this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    6. What's your favorite Christmas movie?

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :D

7. You're a new addition to the Crayon box, what color would you be and why?

Meh...I'll probably be the blender. I like to think I have a blank slate, but I can be influenced by the colors (or people) around me.

8. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?

Oh wow...such an odd one! :p Hmm, well, the only thing I can think of is my good friend, who is totally obsessed with elephants. She is easy to trick, so I would probably play some kind of joke on her.

9. Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Not particularly, but hey, stranger things have been discovered out there.

10. What's your favorite novel, and why?

This is truly a hard. While I read a lot, I find that I don't have just one book that I tend to gravitate towards. Lord of the Flies always seems to stick in my mind from high school, though. I'm not sure if it was the imagery or what, but there you go.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Good call on the elephant! I'd be in a panic over feeding it. :p

11. You can only take three items with you for one month on a desert island, what are you taking and why?
    12. What's the funniest thing that's happened to you recently?
    13. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.
    14. What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?
    15. Big question here - in real life, are you more Jedi or a little bit Sith? :D

16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    "Little bit Jedi and Little bit Sith" The new song by the Osmonds.

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't know why, but I was sort of singing I get a little bit Sith to this song. :p

DarthIshyZ and Gamiel like this.
  18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    11. You can only take three items with you for one month on a desert island, what are you taking and why?

A sketchbook (for obvious reasons), a good book (this is the perfect setting to sit down and get lost in a good story), and I'll take a chance with connection issues and say my phone.

12. What's the funniest thing that's happened to you recently?

Hmm...nothing recent really stands out, but I do have a good story from when we were in Florida with my grandfather. He had to make an emergency run to the bathroom after breakfast, so he left to go back to the room. He apparently took the elevators on the opposite side of the hall, stepped off in the wrong direction, and ended up in someone else's room. The maid saw him struggling with the room key and let him in. He didn't realize what he had done until he came out of the bathroom and noticed that the view was different and he didn't recognize any of the belongings. Needless to say, he ran out of there quick and went back to the elevators to wait for us with a dumb smirk on his face. He was very lucky the occupants of the room were already out for the day. :p

13. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." – Walt Disney

14. What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?

I was just talking to my cousin about this the other day, but nano pets/Tamagotchi. :p As for something that I wish would go away, I've had enough of the selfie/duck face.

15. Big question here - in real life, are you more Jedi or a little bit Sith? :D

Ooo...let's see. I think I may be just a little more Sith. I admit, I can have a bit of a temper. Word of advice, you do not want to play video games with me. I tend to throw controllers and other small objects... :p

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_laugh] I'm very competitive gaming as well. :D Your grandfather's adventure is priceless!!

Okay boys and girls, it's your turn to ask HS29 everything you're dying to know!

*passes microphone to the EUC studio audience*

Dagobahsystem and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Were you raised in PA?

If you could move, where would you go?

Are you interested in politics IRL?

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

21. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    what would you say is your favorite type of music?

do you listen to music while you draw? if so what type of music/bands do you find the most inspirational?

what would you say is your favorite piece of artwork? favorite that you've drawn yourself?

what got you into the rpf?

22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    What is your view on the current orbit of Pluto's moon.........

Haha just kidding. Your questions where much harder than mine!

Do you feel there is less & less freedom of speech on JCF & in society in general?

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Basin, just wait. He'll get harder questions..,

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
  25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ishy: It's she. ;)

Were you raised in PA?

Yup, I've lived here all my life.

If you could move, where would you go?

Either down south or out west; somewhere that rarely or never gets snow. I've always loved Florida, so that would probably be my first choice.

Are you interested in politics IRL?

Ehh...not so much. I try to keep up with current events, but other than that, I could take it or leave it.

what would you say is your favorite type of music?

That's a hard one. I listen to all kinds of music, but if I had to choose, I find that my 'go-to' is classic rock ('60s, '70s, '80s). That's what I heard in the house all the time growing up, so it kinda stuck. And I may be old school, but my all-time favorite band is The Beach Boys.

do you listen to music while you draw? if so what type of music/bands do you find the most inspirational?

I do, all the time. And again, I don't really have a certain band or type of music that I like to put on, I simply put my playlist on shuffle and let it go. My playlist ranges from the aforementioned classic rock to movie soundtracks, Disney (both soundtracks and park music) and modern hits. So, it's really a mixed bag.

what would you say is your favorite piece of artwork? favorite that you've drawn yourself?

Anything by Norman Rockwell; he's a huge inspiration for me and my illustration. As for my favorite piece that I've done myself, that would probably be the most recent piece that I just finished up. Unfortunately, due to contract restrictions, I don't have permission to show it just yet, but I feel it really shows how far I've come as an artist.

what got you into the rpf?

I used to role play all the time with my cousin over AIM throughout junior high and high school, and when I discovered this forum, I thought it would be neat to expand upon that. Plus, I've always loved to write and I did a lot of creative writing while in school, so I thought this would be a good outlet for that. My first game here was one of the WOTG games, and I've been here ever since.

Do you feel there is less & less freedom of speech on JCF & in society in general?

Well, I don't want to get into anything too political, so I will keep it short and say: not particularly, no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.