main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What non-Star Wars species would you like to se implanted into Star Wars?
    I would not really call that an art style, more an architecture style. Do the RC books have any other exemplar you could give?

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I really don't think this was meant as a never ending Q&A session with Zeta just because he was the last one to be interviewed. Since no one else has stepped forward to either conduct the interviews or be interviewed I am going to lock this thread. It can be unlocked once we get an interviewer and more victims for him or her.

Gamiel feel free to ask your question in the Mandalorian Fan Club since it would seem to fit there.

[​IMG]

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Unlocked and bumped at the request of the EUC's new Inquisitor, Darth_Dreadwar. :redsaber:

Sinrebirth and Darth_Dreadwar like this.
  4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, hello hello ladies and gentlemen! Bardan's kindly let me fill Runjedirun 's (big) shoes as interview host. I always thought it was a great way for EUCers to get to know more about each other besides the details of one's fellows' views on whether Sith'ari means Sith Lord or Perfect Being (no, heresy!) etc etc. So, just a reminder how this works... This is the thread where you can volunteer to be interviewed so others in the community can get to know you better. I already have two vict-ahem volunteers, darklordoftech and Sinrebirth. If you would like to volunteer, please send me a PM. I will go in order of PMs received. To start each interview I will ask 10 - 15 questions. Some of the questions will be about life in general and others will be specifically about Star Wars and/or the EU. Once my questions are complete, the floor is open to everyone ask questions (no more than a couple at a time please!). If at any time the interviewee is uncomfortable answering a question, it's totally fine to choose not to answer.

And with that, let's get started!

darklordoftech will be interviewed first.

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

(more questions from me will follow; I will announce when the floor has been opened to others for questions :))

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. I wanted to discuss certain topics more in-depth. For example, the Sith species.
    2. 10 years old. The lightsabers and finding out how in the world a bad man could be the father of a good man.
    3. Luke as a wise mentor, like Hamill talked about in 1983.
    4. Popcorn.
    5. Eating, working, socializing, watching movies.

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Aside from the obvious, what movies / books do you like?

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Please wait for our mean spirited Inquisitor gracious host to finish his interview and open the floor to questions before bringing your own queries forward.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Oh, well fine... [face_frustrated]

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks for the first (and prompt!) answers, darklordoftech. Don't be afraid to really go into detail and flesh stuff out either. ;) aka give 1,000 word essays as answers pls it makes me look like good Inquisitor :p

A few more questions.

6. What are your thoughts on the Sith species? If you were in control of the new canon, what would you do with them?
    7. What lightsaber form would you choose if you were teleported to the GFFA, and why?
    8. What's your favourite food?
    9. What's your favourite Star Wars EU work, and why?
    10. What are your plans for 2016? Vacations, work, academics, goals, events...?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    6. They were interesting in the TOTJ days, but later on they caused confusion as to what a "Sith" is, they didn't appear in works where they should have appeared, and the date of their discovery by the exiles was poorly retconned. For the new canon, I'd guve them a different name and they'd have the role the Rakata have in Legends. "Sith" would simply be the name of the organization that began with "Ruin" and ended with Sheev and Vader.
    7. Whatever form Sheev uses because there's no Sith like him.
    8. Spaghetti.
    9. Plagueis because it debunks the horrible idea that Sheev was trained from birth. The big bad shouldn mt be a victim of indoctrination like that.
    10. Let's see what happens in 2015 before I answer that.

11. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, last set of questions for darklordoftech!

11. What academic subject, hobby or other interest are you most passionate for? Tell me about it
    12. What is your favourite scene from a Star Wars movie and why?
    13. What three SW planets would you like to visit most if you could?
    14. If you could convert a pre-existing EU work into a new SW spin-off film, which would it be and why?
    15. If you could spend a day in the GFFA: What planet would you spend it on, what time period, who would you like to meet?

Once these questions are answered, the floor is open to anyone else to pick Tech's brain. I think DarthIshyZ already had a question in mind. ;)

DarthIshyZ and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    11. can't decide
    12. can't decide
    13. Coruscant, Naboo, Moraband
    14. Plagueis if I could de-age McDiarmid because I love the backstory that it adds to the films.
    15. Coruscant before the Invasion of Naboo. Limitless weath and peace. I'd ask Yoda what his species is.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Jensaarai

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why would you like to see the Jensaarai in the new EU?

16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    My question from above... Aside from the obvious, what movies / books do you like?

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Rogue Squadron games, Plagueis, Cloak of Deception, Labyrinth of Evil, ROTS novelization, and Dark Lord: Rise of Vader.
    They successfully combined the Jedi and Sith teachings, which I think is cool.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What real world culture would you like to see used in SW and in what way?

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Sorry, but what I was saying by "apart from the obvious" is "apart from Star Wars". For instance, Trek, Hunger Games, Dr. Who, etc.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Hunger Games, Bayformers 1, Thor, Avengers, Terminator, The Matrix
    Samurai for ancient Jedi and Sith armor. I'll never understand why they were dressed like Greeks and Egyptians in Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire

Gamiel and DarthIshyZ like this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Would it not be better to use different armour styles for the Jedi's and the Sith's armour instead of having them both be samurai like?

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Sith and Jedi split off from a common ancestor order, so I figured they would start out with similar armor.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?
    Point but, at least in the TotJ, so had centuries passed between the sith leaving know space and the time the Daragon siblings found the sit without any contacts between the two. You would think that even if they started out with the same armour design so would they have rather different designs when they finally meet again

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Star Wars comics, Bayformers comics, Spider-Man
    I'll give you that.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who is best dressed in SW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.