main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    How long have you been bilingual? Was English difficult to learn?
    Well I started to learn it in the third grade, we had a very relaxed teacher but I didn´t learned much. In the following year we had a very strict teacher and I learned even lesser. :)
    When I came to the high School I started to learn english serious but I had always difficulties. Sometimes I was really good and sometimes I basically had luck not to fail a year.
    In the last two years my english improved as I set in class next to an exchange student from the US and helped her at the begining.
    I think english isn´t that difficult to learn german is way more complicated, and latin is even worse. One of the reasons I joined this board was to improve my english. I should have done this years ago, that would really helped me in school.

DarthIshyZ And wine which makes man's heart glad. I´m lutheran actually.

2. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    What are some common expressions in German that don't make as much sense when translated literally into English?

3. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    (What are some common expressions in German that don't make as much sense when translated literally into English?T
    Thats a very specific question :)
    Well I´ve found a whole list once I will post it here and add the meaning (I left some out):

1. I think, I spider. (I think, I go nuts)
    2. With me is not good cherry eating. (I´m very strict)
    4. I only understand train station. (I understand nothing)
    5. My English is under all pig. (my english is horrible)
    6. That is not the yellow from the egg. (thats not very good)
    7. It’s pouring like out of buckets. (The rain is very heavy)
    8. There tap-dances the bear. (there is basically everyone, on an event for example)
    9. There becomes yes the dog in the pan crazy. (This is insane!)
    14. There I eat a broom. (This can´t be)
    16. Everything is in butter. (Everything is alright)
    17. He doesn’t have all cups in the cupboard. (He is nuts.)
    18. The drop is sucked. (It´s over)
    22. That is jacket like trousers. (There isn´t a difference)
    23. To pull someone through the hot chocolate. (To fool someone)
    26. My dear Mister Singing Club (oh my godness)
    29. To be washed with all waters. (To be a badass)
    30. You have of tooting and blowing no idea. (He knows nothing)
    33. You are on the woodway. (You are on the wrong way)
    34. Here is dead trousers. (Here happens nothing)

I hope this is what you asked for.

4. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Those range from absurdly hilarious to absurdly badass. To be washed with all waters. You need to use that in the Sith Trials.

My next question: what is your complete ranking of the Star Wars films from most to least favorite?

5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    What is your complete ranking of the Star Wars films from most to least favorite?
    Well that changes now and then but at the moment I think it´s this:

Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    Star Wars (a new hope)
    Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones
    Phantom menace
    The force awakens

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

Lady Belligerent and Anedon like this.
  7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

I would like to see the witches of Dathomir. Not the Nightsisters the witches I think they are very intresting and I would love too see how disney tries to handle them.
    For me they are somewere in between good and evil so they would add a bit more grey into the setting.
    But to be honest I´m not very intrested in the new canon.

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Where can I buy a good Schneeballen?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Where can I buy a good Schneeballen?
    I don´t know if this question really fits here but in my opinion you find the best ones in Rothenburg.

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, I ask strange questions, so I'm sure Lady Belligerent won't mind.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *looks up Schneeballen*

I don't mind one bit, but you better bring me some of those too!! Have you had some of those Anedon? Because the photos of them look delicious.

12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Have you had some of those Anedon? Because the photos of them look delicious.
    Yeah I tried them first when I was on holidays once and I liked them. But here they aren´t very good so I rarely eat some.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?

Lady Belligerent and Anedon like this.
  14. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    What comics do you read?
    I´ve recently started to read batman comics and I really like them, I´ve also bought the first two volumes of the deathstroke comics.

Who is best dressed in SW?
    Female I would say Padme has some nice outfits. Male I think Thrawn has a lot of style and Jacen has some cool clothes too.

Favourite non-human species and why?
    I really liked the Vong as villans because they were so different, I also like the Muun since I read Darth Plagueis. And just for the record I despise Noghri and the Barabels

Favourite SW culture?
    The old republic from around 1000 to 19 BBY.

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?
    I would let Jacen Solo survive.

What would you want to see more of in SW?
    Well I would like to see more books like traitor: character development instead of action and a less black and white setting. And of course more Jacen Solo ;)

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why do you despise Noghri and the Barabels?

What about the vong do you like best and what do you like least? Is there anything about them you would have changed if you hade the power?

What version of Jacon do you like best? (Personally I prefer YJK Jacon)

Jedi robes or jedi jumpsuit?

16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Why do you despise Noghri and the Barabels?
    well the Noghri killed Thrawn, but thats not the only reason, I just always got the feeling that the books forced me to have pity for them. But I couldn´t really have some for a race of killers and then the hypocrisy, Thrawn uses them for some comando Mission and Leia manages to covince them that he is basically killing all their children with it. And later she uses the Noghri as her personal canon fodder and they don´t care about it. With the barabels, I think we should find them cool or badass but for me they were just brainless killers that didn´t deserve the title of jedis. And I quiet liked Kenth Hamner.

What about the vong do you like best and what do you like least? Is there anything about them you would have changed if you hade the power?
    Well I really liked their organic tech and that they are completly out of the force. What I dislike was that they were portrayed very incosistent by different authors and that in the end they basically suddenly turned good and gained the force, I find they should have made a last stand that would be more in character for the race. Hm I would have liked to have more Vong PoV characters, and basically more insight in the races aside from the warriors and the shamed ones. I also found the preatorie vong quiet intresting (and I like the name).

What version of Jacen do you like best? (Personally I prefer YJK Jacen)
    Well YJK were basically the first SW books I read and I identified with Jacen, because he was the only male human among the main characters (this doesn´t mean I disliked the others). I like this version of his personality. Later when I became older and more thoughtfull myself I started to read NJO and liked Jacen there because I saw main of myself in him. I often think about the consquenses of my actions and try to see things from different viewpoints. I think in the end I like all versions of Jacen and I think this is what makes him a great character that he realy has character development and changes. When I should pick one I would probably eather choose the YJK or the pre traitor NJO.

Jedi robes or jedi jumpsuit?
    I both have their advantages but I would prefer the jumpsuits, they just look better and don´t hinder the movement. The robes are better for the older Jedi.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You say that as if it was a bad thing

18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Anedon
    Pleased to meet you, I'm Dags. :)
    Which Batman comics have you been reading? Just curious, since there are so many books out there and you mentioned that you recently started reading them. Do you have a favorite story arc or, more broadly, a favorite Bats time period you enjoy reading the most? The Batman stories are my favorite in all of comics.

19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel. When you like me have read Outbound flight before the Thrawn trilogy than it definitley is.

Which Batman comics have you been reading? Just curious, since there are so many books out there and you mentioned that you recently started reading them. Do you have a favorite story arc or, more broadly, a favorite Bats time period you enjoy reading the most?
    Well I´ve started just recently with the first volumes of the New 52 the court of owls and I liked it. Now I´ve satrted to read the comics to the arkham series cause I always liked the games. For the most part I´m looking for comics that feature my favourite characters of the batman universe.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?
    But by the time of the Thrawn trilogy Thrawn had no problems kidnapping babies with the plan to hand them over to a madman for service rendered or keeping the noghri in falls honour debt just so he could throw their bodies at different problems.

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel, yeah but to the purpose to stop the Vong murdering billions. Yes his actions where unscrupulous but he did it to save the galaxy.

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?
    Well I wasn´t very intrested in most of the non human races so I would say maybe the race of the Jedi Fay, these space elves. We don´t know even their name.

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?
    I admit say I´ve seen this movie once and I don´t now wich races introduced there are new and wich were already exsitant. And to be honest i don´t really care about them.

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?
    Definitley Lor San Tekka, in my opinion he was the most intresting character in the entire movie and Max von Sydow was the best actor in it. I think Disney is wasted a great opportunity with killing him.

Lady Belligerent and Gamiel like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If that was the idea, he really was not one bit good at it.
    All where new beside Mon Calamari and sullustan.
    Fully agree

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    AMEN to that!

24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    How did you start watching / get into Star Wars? What was your first SW film?

In what order should the movies be watched?

Anedon and Lady Belligerent like this.
  25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    How did you start watching / get into Star Wars? What was your first SW film?
    My first movie was actually the Phantom Menace and I liked it. Later I watched the other movies in a very chaotic order, a real fan I became when I read YJK.

In what order should the movies be watched?
    Well I watched them in the order 1,5,2,6,4,3,(7) I understood the most cause my friends who had seen more movies than I had explained it to me. I once read that there is an order 4,5,2,3,6,(1) wich cloud be good leaving Episode 1 completly out and seeing the other two Prequels basically as a flashback after Vader claimed to be Lukes father. The Advantage is that nothing is spoiled. Watching the Prequels first spoils that vader is Lukes father and Leia is his sister. Watching the OT first spoils that Palpatine is Darth Sidious (Episode 1 does this too and add nearby nothing to the Overall plot so you should watch it at last.) Another Advantage is that you almost completly avoid Jar Jar Binks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.