main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?

Do you read any European comics?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?
    I think they fit into the Setting, they were mostly similar to the ones in the OT. I like Poes jaket. Just the amor of the new stormtroopers looked a bit stupid but I don´t know if that counts.

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Maybe the Tau from Warhammer 40k.They are a bit like space communists, so they would be an intresting counterpart to the empire.

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    The byzanteen empire would be cool, but I guess there are already some paralles between them and the imperial remant.

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?
    Well the Tau would be a choice like I mentioned above or maybe the great old ones from H. P. Lovecraft.

Do you read any European comics?
    I´ve read the Asterix comics with my father when I was younger and still own some of them.

DarthIshyZ Yeah i meant that one. :)

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You mentioned the Tau, do you have any interest in Warhammer 40k or any other board game?

Fully agree that the Tau and their client species would be interesting to see in SW

5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    You mentioned the Tau, do you have any interest in Warhammer 40k or any other board game?
    I´m instrested in the lore and in the novel but I don´t play the game itself. I like board games like risk or The Iron Throne (wich is basically a more complex risk set in the world of game of thrones)
    A friend of mine also drawn a galaxy map for star wars risk and played many great galactic conflics by using rules we created ourselves. (For example we added heroes and neutral factions to the game).

6. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Hey, Anedon!

What are your thoughts on the upcoming Rogue One movie? Does it look good in your opinion?

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What made you interested in the WH40k-'verse?

What part of the WH40k lore do you find most interesting?

What would you like to see more of in WH40k?

Any interest in Warhammer Fantasy and/or Age of Sigmar?

8. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    What are your thoughts on the upcoming Rogue One movie? Does it look good in your opinion?
    I don´t think very high of the New EU and I guess Rouge one will only add to that. As far as I heard basically every character in it will be new. So no characters from the novels, from rebels and no young Lor San Tekka. So I think ist a lot of wasted potential.

What made you interested in the WH40k-'verse?
    A good friend of mine plays it and showed it to me, he also gave me some of his novels what got me interested.
    What part of the WH40k lore do you find most interesting?
    The Horus Heresey Novels, I think some of them are better than most Star Wars Novels. From the loyalists I really like the Ultramarines and Iron Hands and from the traitors the Emperors Children and Iron Warriors.

What would you like to see more of in WH40k?
    I would like to get to know more about the least well known Space Marine Legions like the Iron Hands.

Any interest in Warhammer Fantasy and/or Age of Sigmar?
    I´m definitley intrested in Fantasy, I haven´t really loked at the Age of Sigmar so I can´t say mutch about it. I really enjoyed the Gotrek and Felix Novels.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do you play any roleplaying games, and if so what RPG:s do you play?

10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Do you play any roleplaying games, and if so what RPG:s do you play?
    Well I´ve played Pen and Paper RPGs with friends here and than. Including some Star Wars ones, we had one RPG that lasted over almost two years and I really liked it. Now I´m integrating some character of it in my fanfic.
    I also like RPG computer games and enjoyed both the Mass Effect and the Dragon Age series from Bioware. And KOTOR 2 is also great, while I never really liked the first one.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You said that you liked the vong's bio-tech:

What parts of their bio-tech do you consider most interesting?

Any kind of bio-tech that you would take away from them/change if you could?

Any vong item/s that made you go "why have nobody come up with this before"?

Any kind of bio-tech that you are surprised they did not have?

Any kind of bio-tech that you would have added to the vong's arsenal if you could?

12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    You said that you liked the vong's bio-tech:
    What parts of their bio-tech do you consider most interesting?
    Many things, their amor was pretty cool and their worldships.

Any kind of bio-tech that you would take away from them/change if you could?
    I don´t have one particular in mind I really disliked.

Any vong item/s that made you go "why have nobody come up with this before"?
    Well general living weapons and living armor and the voxyn, no other enemy of the Jedi had an idea like that.

Any kind of bio-tech that you are surprised they did not have?
    There was one they didn´t had? I think they had pretty much all I expected.

Any kind of bio-tech that you would have added to the vong's arsenal if you could?
    Maybe Bio tech lightsabers, not just blades real lightsabers, but I have no idea how they could work. ;)

Gamiel and Lady Belligerent like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Absolutely. If you are interested in reading other stories with bio-tech I can recommend the comics Prophet, Orc Stain and the Aphrodite IX stories by Stjepan Šejić and the RPG supplement TORG: Space Gods

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    A bit late on the Interview train, but here we go. :)

You've mentioned playing Star Wars pen&paper RPGs. What is your favourite system and edition (WEG, WOTC's d20)?

What era was your campaign set in?

If you got to run/play another SWRPG campaign now, who'd be the baddies? The Sith, the Empire, the clankers, the Yuuzhan Vong?

I gather you're a Jacen fan. What do you think of the Solo kids in general?
    I ask this as I've noticed that usually if people like Jacen, they dislike Anakin and vice versa, or are still angry at Jaina, so I'm interested in as many opitions about it.

Besides EUC ( ;) ), which is your favourite TFN board?

P.S. High 5 to anyone addressing the A Song of Ice and Fire series by its proper name, and not "those GoT books". :)

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    You've mentioned playing Star Wars pen&paper RPGs. What is your favourite system and edition (WEG, WOTC's d20)?
    Well we didn´t used one of these, I´m afraid. We basically had our own sistem based on a very general Pen and Paper System one of my friends knew. We changed a few things to make it fit better with SW. I´m not sure if These rule books were even published in german. We mostly used our own Star Wars knowledge.

What era was your campaign set in?
    Basically we didn´t played in a ceratin era in this two year campaign. We started shortly after the creation of the empire and in the end we were around the second galactic civil war. Basically our RPG took place in an (at first) inpdependent sector that had isloated itself for many years from the rest of the galaxy (there had been some trade but nothing more) and now was forced into a conflict with the empire. This sector was ruled by rich and powerful, virtually noble families. And we played members of that families with many intrigues. Some of us played mutiple characters and took a new one when there old died. I can proudly say that mine survived though it.

If you got to run/play another SWRPG campaign now, who'd be the baddies? The Sith, the Empire, the clankers, the Yuuzhan Vong?
    Hm, I think the empire is always a good choice. You can comibne them with the Sith. One against the Vong would be very intresting too.

I gather you're a Jacen fan. What do you think of the Solo kids in general?
    I ask this as I've noticed that usually if people like Jacen, they dislike Anakin and vice versa, or are still angry at Jaina, so I'm interested in as many opitions about it.
    I like all of them, I think Anakin is my least favourite of the three but I like him too. I was mostly at Jacens side of things when they argued but I could understood Anakins side most of the time. When I read invincible I was really angry with Jaina for killing Jacen, but one the other hand I felt sorry for her. She had to kill her own brother and that really hurted her. My anger was more focused on those who had driven her to this: Luke, Han and Leia. Especially after reading millenium falcon, where the last two played happy family with Jacens daughter. Later this changed.

Besides EUC ( ;) ), which is your favourite TFN board?
    I would say the SWC is also very interesting.

Yeah, high 5. :) Amon_Amarth
    The books were so much better than the TV series.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ah yes, the boards that Sinrebirth and I help to moderate. Excellent choices. :p

17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I almost forgot my favorites. They're from Inside the Actor's Studio.
    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    4. What turns you off?
    5. What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.)
    6. What sound or noise do you love?
    7. What sound or noise do you hate?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Lady Belligerent and Anedon like this.
  18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    1. What is your favorite word? I don´t really have one.
    2. What is your least favorite word? I don´t really have one.
    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A good story, be it a novel, a film, an RPG, an computer game or in real life.
    4. What turns you off? Being ordered around.
    5. What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.) Well I guess the english meaning would be: "Bl**dy Hell"
    6. What sound or noise do you love? Do you count music?
    7. What sound or noise do you hate? My alarm clock.
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I´m still a student so I haven´t got a real profession. Talking about what I would like, I would like to be an author.
    9. What profession would you not like to do? Pretty much everyone that requires doing the same things every day.
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome, we´ve been waiting for you.

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    6. What sound or noise do you love? Do you count music?
    Yes, music does count. Has to be something that makes you smile every time you hear it, IMO.

Anedon and Lady Belligerent like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any German movies/books/comics you would like to recommend to the world?

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    DarthIshyZ Than I say music I like. :)

Any German movies/books/comics you would like to recommend to the world?
    Well I don´t know any german comic that is more than a recreation of internatioal ones. There are some good german movies, I really like The Baader Meinhof Complex, it´s from the same director as downfall which I guess everyone knows and it shows the left orientated comunism in germany during the cold war. There are a few other historical films from that director that where worth watching too. German books? Well Walter Moers is a very good fanatsy writer, imagine Douglas Adamas just in Fantasy instead of sience fiction. In my opinion he is better than Pratchett.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Last call for questions and a new victim interviewee is up tonight.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I apologize for the double post, but I have exciting news! Welcome to the EUC Interview stage - panta1978!! *crowd cheers like crazy*

Hello Panta, how's it going? Have a seat here and let's chat. :)

1. Besides SW, what other franchises are you a fan of?
    2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    3. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.
    4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
    5. What's your favorite sport to watch or play, and why?

24. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    *enters the stage giving a wave to the audience and hugs Lady Bell. Takes the seat and start chatting*

Hi Bell, I'm doin' great, thank you!

1. Besides SW, what other franchises are you a fan of?
    I love The Godfather. I consider the first two films real masterpieces. So realistic, such great actors! The third is slightly drawn out and not in the same league as its predecessors, but still great. The book is incredible, I read it after watching the films and I love the fact that I could visualise Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando while reading it.
    I've also recently rediscovered Star Trek, and yes, I definitely enjoy it, although I've only watched the Original Series and part of Next Generation. No idea of what the following series are about...

2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    Among the cities I've visited, there are three I'm really mad about and would love to live in. Rome, London, New York. Three different cities, each marvellous in a different way. But I've to say I also love the place where I live, which happens to be my home town. It's where I was born and bred, and my friends and my family are mostly here.

3. What is your favorite quote? It can be SW or not SW related.
    I turn to The Godfather again. "Nothing personal, only business". A chilling phrase that makes me shiver every time I hear it. Doesn't it give you the idea of how relentless, even emotionless those people were? For them, killing a person was just daily-routine, something that had to be done not necessarily because they hated them, but because that was the best way to preserve or increase their power. And that was all that mattered to them. I'm sure they could have been Sith Lords had they been born a long time ago in that galaxy far, far away....

4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
    Off the top of my head I'd say Jedi mind tricks. Hi hi, I'd love to manipulate people in the way SW Force Users do

5. What's your favorite sport to watch or play, and why?
    Basketball! I'm a huge fan of it. I started loving it when I was a teenager (late 80s - early 90s, probably the Golden Age of Basketball on both sides of the pond!). I started by watching NBA Finals, then I started following the local team... and the rest is history. I remember that when I was in High School I used to play basketball all the time with any weather condition... and so did my friends.

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Excellent quote! Now I feel the need to rewatch The Godfather. :)

6. What cities/countries have you visited?
    7. If you had to describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
    8. What are you doing when you're not logged into the JCF?
    9. What's your favorite holiday, and why?
    10. If you could only take three items with you to a deserted island, what would you take and why?

DarthIshyZ and panta1978 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.