main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm willing to pose this question once more...
    You are stranded on Hoth with no heating equipment. After some time wandering you stumble upon an ice cave containing nothing but every Star Wars book and comic ever written. At this point you are quite cold. To survive the night you must burn five books.
    Which five books do you burn and why?

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Amon_Amarth said : “...whatever was the deal with The Crystal Star, etc”

More questions coming, but I had to tell you that this made me lol so hard. Agreed!
    [face_rofl]

PCCViking likes this.
  3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    @SWpants
    1. What is your favorite SW era?
    Time of Luke's new Jedi Order once it got going, say from Hand of Thrawn, to YJK, Union, NJO. Also, I always found the Old Republic era amazing - it offered much worldbuilding and innovation, while being quintessentially Star Wars. Tom Veitch, Bioware and Obsidian, and later John Jackson Miller provided us with a suite of some of the most complex, witty SW characters, like Kreia, Revan, Zayne and Gryph.

2. What are some of your faveSW subseries?
    I enjoy JJM and John/Jan works a lot, so my fav series are Legacy and KOTOR comics. Dark Horse's Tales short form comics were a source of excellent meta humor - gotta love Skippy the Jedi Droid. But I'm also emotionally attached to anything with Solo kids. NJO was very innovative and contains some of the best (albeit also darkest) moments of the SW mythos.
    And YJK helped me learn English when I was a kid! Back in the day, it took up to 1 year to get new arrivals translated from their original language. I remember being devastated for having to wait a year for the then new Harry Potter (and the Goblet of Fire) even though it was out. I had English at school but had never read a full book in it. So I picked up the original versions 1-3, fumbled with the dictionary with the first one, then got YJK from the library, and was soon ready for GOF before it officially got translated.

Oh dear, don't make me burn books! D:
    [​IMG]
    There's no more heinous thing than destroying knowledge! But if there's no other way, I wouldn't hesitate burning the TFA novelization, and then I'd search again for any nearby tauntauns that could be gutted or any other means to keep warm. If there's nothing else around, I'd burn Children of the Jedi, then NEU's Tarkin, and The Approaching Storm - though I'd stop to consider leaving those two around as insomnia cure. I'd hate to burn anything else. It'd probably be those Boba Fett books I never read. While bucketheads are generally awesome, he was never super appealing.

Now if we're doing Fahrenheit 451 and saving SW books form being burned, dibs on Traitor! Or I could take one for the team and become Dark Nest...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    That is so cool! Congrats on being able to do that!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    6. Surprise! You’re now a Jedi! Describe your garb and lightsaber.
    7. Which do you prefer, winter or summer? Why?
    8. Describe your favorite meal?
    9. What if your favorite sport to play? To watch?
    10. What other fandoms do you enjoy?

CT-867-5309, Gamiel and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Amon_Amarth You said you liked Tolkien. One of Tolkien's legacies are that the races he had in LotR are now a-day the stable races of fantasy. The hobbits were the only race that had were not based on something from mythology or older stories. I was wondering which one of all the different interpretation of hobbits, or rather halflings as they are usually called because of copyright, is your favourites and which one do you leastlike?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Oops, Darth RL set up an ambush. But I defeated it, so not it's tome to get back to answering questions!

Non-human species & RL subculture: Aside from the Sith (species) & Ancient Egypt aesthetic which worked really well in TOTJ, I can see the Verpine being totally into cyberpunk.
    Although they're Human, the Hapans always had an Roman Empire feel to me.

Padme Amidala most easily gets the award for the best dressed individual in the GFFA. I mean, her sleeping gown has pearls. That probably wasn't comfy, but its ~aestehtic~. Anyhow, hats down to Trisha Biggar, her costumes made the PT a truly rich setting.
    I also love John/Jan style, so I really enjoyed the Imperial Knights' armor. It's on my to-cosplay list, some day...

Favourite non-human species: The Chiss and the Mon Cal. It makes sense for an aquatic species to be more adept at spacefaring, and that was quite innovative. And Cilghal and Ackbar, through whom I mostly explored the Mon Cals, were quite good characters. I also have a soft spot for Zabraks mainly because I played as one in SWRPG.
    "Monster"-species-wise, I always liked exogorths (even before JJM named them). Why? IDK, I guess I got imprinted by ESB very young. :p

Favourite SW culture: Tough one - what I love the most about GFFA is that it is (or used to be, in Legends) a mix of so many interesting cultures that makes it a rich galaxy, but also provides dynamics for conflicts and exploration. The idea of Alderaan as as enlightened monarchy that stands as a force for good amidst the dark and often corrupt galaxy makes them very alluring. It's hard not to appreciate their society's values like education and culture.
    And also, the Chiss Ascendancy and the Hapes Consortium are both quite unique and full of drama, which makes some of the best stories.

6. Jedi Amon wears NJO-style dark flight suit (pockets a plenty!), black boots, utility belt for a Merr Son 44 blaster, comm unit, and a lightsaber. She wields a single hilt lightsaber, with Jedi Guardian's blue crystal (I don't care if it's mainstream). Hilt... lets say it's Shock cause that's my RL FX saber. ;)
    7. Both have it's charms. I prefer summer though, the warmth, longer days etc.
    8. My meal preferences really depend on the mood. Comfort food would be a nice burrito. Otherwise... idk salmon & roast veggies
    9. I used to fence at Uni, and still try to have occasional matches though not as much as I'd like. Just recently, I started kickboxing. I don't watch a lot of sports. The only thing I used to semi follow was ice hockey.
    10. SW is a fandom I'm most active in. I occasionally hang out on westeros.org forums with fellow fans of A Song of Ice and Fire. I also like the Silmarillion (my fav book) fandom (thought parts of that fandom are scary :p), Agents of SHIELD, Star Trek, Avatar / Legends of Korra, some Marvel comics (mostly space-y), lots of Image comics (recommend Saga), Pathfinder, and I used to read more Forgotten Realms fiction than was probably healthy. :p The most recent obsession is Mistborn.

Edit: I'll answer the rest shortly, this weekend is becoming super busy.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Nice outfit description!

11. Have you ever cosplayed?
    12. Do you enjoy video gaming or board games?
    13. What would be your destination for a dream vacation?
    14. Who is your favorite actor?
    15. If you were suddenly wealthy, what’s the first thing you’d do?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Is there any fantasy race/s you would like to see appear in SW?

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Padme really did have aesthetically beautiful outfits.

*drools*

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    What is your favorite band at the moment?

13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    What movie are you most looking forward to, in 2018?

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    11. Cosplay: yes. Twin Suns Squadron Jaina Solo / generic X-wing pilot. Took me awhile to get into it due to lack of money and then lack of time. Years ago, dad wanted to throw away orange overalls that were too small for him, and years later eventually I repurposed it for the Rogue One premiere. Colleague printed the helmet, I assembled and painted it. :D Not legion-worthy yet, need to fix the collar. Working on Doctor Aphra right now.

12. Depends on the mood. I mainly play strategy or RPG videogames, but they can be very time consuming (looking at you, 3am Stellaris). For a nice relaxing evening, boardgames with friends is preferable.

13. Dream vacation: Somewhere that has both beaches and mountains.

14. Cliche, especially around here, but I do like Ewan McGregor.

15. I think I'd go for the (incredibly pricey) 7 summits achievement. To be less selfish, I'd also start a trust to fund young career STEM folks.

@Gamiel
    If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?
    Callista. All of it. :p
    At the time, I didn't like what LOTF did with Jacen, but thinking back to it, it was an interesting theme. Implemented better than in ST, imo.

What would you want to see more of in SW?
    In NEU, S.K.Y.W.A.L.K.E.R.S. I get it, it is fashionable nowadays to dislike the Skywalkers. They're still core to me. And it's been years without a meaningful post-ROTJ story with core characters except Bloodline. Also, don't wanna be one of the grumpy Legends people, but maybe I'm partially one, and I want Sword of the Jedi novel/comic/anything. xD
    Additionally, now that they're discarding Skywalkers and the monomyth and all that (sadly), let's have something fresh! I hope SOLO is an Ocean type film. Wasn't Rogue One supposed to be more heisty initially? It turned out to be a good war movie instead. Lets also have a horror SW Story. Or maybe that's what tentacles in the SOLO trailer are..... ;)

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?
    Ishi Tibs. And whatever species Ood Bnar was. There aren't enough plantoids in SW.

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?
    ~~~Imperial Knights~~~. I need, SW needs, present-day world needs, a benevolent Fel Empire. Superficial reason: cool armor + I was a Jaina/Jag shipper.
    Aing-Ti are interesting. Though I'm not sure NEU needs flowalking...

Is there any fantasy race/s you would like to see appear in SW?

Space!Elves would be immensely cool. The Sith would have probably wanted to torture/study/corrupt them for immortality research...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Sorry for rubbish delayed responses. Thankfully, deadline-pocalypse at work has passed!

Probably Visigoth. I discovered them awhile ago, but just recently got really into them. Their new album is pretty good. Old school heavy, yet unique and powerful. Gotta love the traditional heavy metal renaissance.

Ocean's 8. Absolutely love heist movies, and the trailer and the cast look brilliant. I'm also quite looking forward to Solo. Not really an anthology film I'd choose (there are so many other stories to tell), but thus far it appears that it'll dig into EU goodies quite a bit, and I'm all here for it.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Amon_Amarth You said you liked Tolkien. One of Tolkien's legacies are that the races he had in LotR are now a-day the stable races of fantasy. The hobbits were the only race that had were not based on something from mythology or older stories. I was wondering which one of all the different interpretation of hobbits, or rather halflings as they are usually called because of copyright, is your favourites and which one do you leastlike?

18. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Not really very Hobbity, but I liked the Nelwyn people in Willow. They too live quaint day-to-day lives, preoccupied by minutiae of their own "provincial" world, but will strive to do the good thing and go the great distance once a threat appears.

I never cared much for Halflings in D&D (Forgotten Realms) and Pathfinder. Mostly cause they tend to serve as a comic relief, instead of having much substance.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Lady Belligerent and Gamiel like this.
  19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m looking forward to Solo since seeing the trailer. :)

What would subject would you have picked for a stand alone SW film?

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    As a KOTOR/TOTJ nerd, it'd be great to see that era on the big screen, but that might work better as trilogy.
    Bloodline would make for an excellent thriller. That book made me re-watch TFA, which is probably my least fav movie in existence. Unfortunately with Carrie Fisher gone :(, it's not likely we'll be seeing the novel come to life any time soon.
    I'd also love to see early/mid days of the Rebellion, featuring Bail Organa (+Breha!) and Mon Mothma... espionage at the Imperial court type movie.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Lady Belligerent and Gamiel like this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Get your questions in for Amon_amarth!

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

Do you know any other language/s?

Favourite kind of food pie?

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    @Gamiel
    Legend, non-human species: Depends what you mean by a real description. With so many materials from WEG to Essential Guides, there's bound to be a more extensive description of a species somewhere. ;) That said, I'd like to have seen more plantoids, like Neti. If they appeared in more stuff than TOTJ and Legacy, I'm not aware of it.

Non-human races in TFA: I'm not super familiar with TFA lore. Rehash and lack of continuous story built on established lore really put me off ST. TLJ somewhat remedied that.

Background character in TFA that deserves their story told: Snoke. :p I feel like neither main nor side characters got much development in that film. And a lot of the plot depends on who the hell Snoke is and how he got to power / converted Ben.

Languages: Croatian, Latin, little bit of Swedish, little Spanish (learning it atm).

Food pie: Savoury. Steak and Guinness pie.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    SpecForce Trooper and Gamiel like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    hey @Lady Belligerent

I never post in this forum but I want to thank you for doing these, I do read and appreciate this thread and your effort to keep it going.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Amon_Amarth do you listen to any podcasts? If so, any of them you would recommend?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.