main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Happy Saturday EUC Fans!!

Please give up a big round of applause for the awesome @Darth Dnej =D==D= Thanks for answering our questions. :)

Next up to the stage, give a big ol’ EUC welcome to @SpecForce Trooper ! =D==D=

1. Tell us how you came up with your user name?
    2. What is your favorite faction in Star Wars? Why?
    3. What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
    4. What are you doing when you’re not logged into the JCF?
    5. You got distracted at the zoo and BOOM! You’ve been locked in after closing hours and won’t be able to leave until morning. What would you do?

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Merci beaucoup!
    @Lady Belligerent
    1. Tell us how you came up with your user name?
    One of my favorite pieces of SW media is Republic Commando. Ever since playing that game the special forces of the Empire and Republic have been just as cool to me as Jedi and Sith. I wanted my username to be "Shadow Trooper", but that was clearly taken so I settled for a more general alternative.
    2. What is your favorite faction in Star Wars? Why?
    Definitely the Republic and Empire. The Republic because of a bunch of obvious reasons. The Empire because it is the legitimate successor. However, the only Imperial state I really support is the Empire of the Fels. The rest of the Imperials are cool in all, but you know... genocide and slavery isn't that great.
    3. What is/was your favorite subject in school? Why?
    Definitely history. You can't understand the present if you don't understand the past.
    4. What are you doing when you’re not logged into the JCF?
    Aside from reading and gaming I spend a lot of time editing videos and writing for my blog. I also spend a good deal of time drawing. Right now i'm making a short animation for the aforementioned videos.
    5. You got distracted at the zoo and BOOM! You’ve been locked in after closing hours and won’t be able to leave until morning. What would you do?
    Probably just try not to get caught and try to blend in once it re-opens. I wouldn't want to be confused for an intruder.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    @SpecForce Trooper
    1. You see Solo yet? and if so what did you think?
    2. What other franchises are you into?
    3. Do you have any pets?

4. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Jar-Jar Binks
    RANT AHEAD.
    I was afraid someone would ask me that. The truth is Disney's Star Wars has been pretty terrible in my mind. Rogue One I liked a lot but TFA and TLJ were both pretty awful. A while back I really cared a lot and Star Wars' direction made me quite angry. Now with TLJ having settled in I just don't care about "this" Star Wars. I'm not mad about the state of SW anymore, just very apathetic. I don't think I'll really be following SW going forward. Legacy, KOTOR, Republic Commando and the Lucas Saga are all in the past. I didn't see Solo. It's not even that I think it's bad; it might be great. There's just other movies that I'd much rather see. I don't want to give money to a series that I just want to see end at this point. SW really hasn't been SW for me in a long time.
    2. What other franchises are you into?
    Godzilla, Gamera- all the Japanese kaiju films, really. I recently watched Shin Godzilla and boy had I missed out. One of the best Godzilla films in my opinion.
    3. Do you have any pets?
    Two rabbits, though I'd say they're more of my sisters' pets.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Very maturely handled dissenting opinion on the current direction of the franchise, nice

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    6. You mentioned drawing, do you paint or enjoy any other visual arts?
    7. What’s your favorite sport to play? To watch?
    8. Who is your hero?
    9. Would you rather go to Disney World or Universal?
    10. What is your favorite television program? Why?

7. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Lady Belligerent
    6. You mentioned drawing, do you paint or enjoy any other visual arts?
    Unfortunately, not really. I'm best with a pencil or a mouse. As for enjoying art... I'm not picky.
    7. What’s your favorite sport to play? To watch?
    I'm not exactly the sportiest person. When I was around eight I played soccer. Today I only really play kickball, dodgeball or something casual like that if my friends want to play a game.
    8. Who is your hero?
    Never really thought much about that. Maybe Howard Zinn? His writing has really t̶u̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ c̶o̶m̶m̶i̶e̶ changed my life and the way I think.
    9. Would you rather go to Disney World or Universal?
    Haha- I don't want to sound bitter but I can never see myself going to Disney World. I would just feel weird. And also to step back and be less personal the fact that Disney is buying everything freaks me out. Not a company I'm trying to support.
    10. What is your favorite television program? Why?
    Apples and oranges. Non-comedy: Attack On Titan. A truly terrifying show with interesting characters and plot. Favorite comedy: Either Parks and Recreation or Seinfeld. I can never decide. Either way the Office can stay comfortable with a second place.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  8. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    @SpecForce Trooper
    For the most part I agree with you assessment of Solo ^:)^Attack of Titan was very entertaining but I haven't seen it since the second season
    1. What did you think of the new Godzilla film from 2014?
    2. Do you have any favorite Seinfeld episodes, moments or characters?
    3. and how have you been?

9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Jar-Jar Binks
    What did you think of the new Godzilla film from 2014?
    I actually liked it a lot while my friends thought it was kind of boring. Sure the human characters weren't the best but I thought it had the perfect tone and the visuals were great. Not sure how to feel about the "Monsterverse", though.
    Do you have any favorite Seinfeld episodes, moments or characters?
    Oh lord, how do I choose. The Chicken Roaster has to be one of my favorites. How is Jerry and Kramer switching lives not hilarious?
    And how have you been?
    Between two illnesses I've been sick for around three weeks. However, I've been doing a lot better at this point and I finally got a new video up on my YouTube channel. So at this point: pretty good.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    First of, a salute to a fellow Fel Empire loyalist! :D
    Onto the questions now.

1. What is your favourite Star Wars medium? Films, novels, comics, games, etc.
    2. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
    3. Dream dinner party guests?
    a)
    In RL.
    b) In GFFA.

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Amon_Amarth
    All hail the true Emperor! :D
    What is your favourite Star Wars medium?

I feel like comics have always had a special place for me. A vast abundance of my favorite SW works have been comics. Maybe if I was more of an intellectual I'd have read more novels. :p
    What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
    I've never been much of a traveller. Maybe, Natchez, Mississippi. It's a really cool town with historical mansions and plantations. Kind of feels like going back in time.
    Dream dinner party guests?
    a)
    In RL.
    Eugene Debs, FDR, Bernie Sanders, and maybe the Allied and Central leaders from WWI if they would be down for a game of Risk after dinner.
    b) In GFFA.
    Roan Fel, Gar Stazi, Gryph, Han Solo + Scorch.

vncredleader likes this.
  12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    1. So you like SW comics. Aside from Legacy ;) which SW comic series did you find the most enjoyable?

2. Do you read any other comics apart from Star Wars?

3. Do you listen to music? And if so, any genre preferences?

4. If you were a biscuit, which would you be?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Amon_Amarth
    1. So you like SW comics. Aside from Legacy ;)which SW comic series did you find the most enjoyable?
    Definitely KOTOR. I often can't decide if I like it or Legacy more. Evasive Action is also pretty good and nobody seems to have read it.
    2. Do you read any other comics apart from Star Wars?
    Pretty much anything by Alan Moore. I'm currently reading the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I also enjoy Sin City even if it's a bit ridiculous.
    3. Do you listen to music? And if so, any genre preferences?
    I don't think theres much music I don't like except modern country music. When it comes to preference, that's pretty difficult. Probably hip-hop, though.
    4. If you were a biscuit, which would you be?
    I'm American so... "biscuit" biscuit or "cookie" biscuit? I'm not really an expert on biscuits. As for cookies, I'd probably be an oatmeal raisin cookie. [face_laugh] I don't think I click with most people.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Amon_Amarth likes this.
  14. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Should have clarified: "cookie biscuit". ;) My friend was recently asked that exact same question in a job interview (sys admin job, lol), so we keep joking about it.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  15. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    An update is deserved.
    @Jar-Jar Binks
    I didn't want to see Solo but I ended up going with my family...
    I liked it. I'm not going to get too deep into it (Review coming soon), but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. The first half was mostly pretty good.
    The heist was okay. The Kessel Run was eh. The Marauder reveal was just stupid (The scar-faced man who threatens to kill people is evil? Shocker!). The ending was pretty good and Han shot first!
    I had some problems. There was a lot of fan-service. Beckett was a loner- except for the beginning when he clearly wasn't. L3 was just god awful. Let's make a civil rights advocate into a joke... for whatever reason. Alden Ehrenreich was just a pretty terrible pick for Han. I just couldn't consider him Han at any point.
    All together I did enjoy the movie. Aside from the meh middle of the story it was a fun watch. Lando was great. the humor was on point. I liked most of the characters. MIMBAN WWI OMG. I don't regret seeing it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Khalia Octa and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    @SpecForce Trooper :) Thanks for being patient, I’ve been traveling a lot lately.

11. Do you think you could survive 21days on a reality show like Naked & Afraid?
    12. What is your signature style? Casual, colorful, eclectic?
    13. If you lived in the SW universe, what ship would you fly?
    14. If social media existed in SW, what would Chewbacca’s status read?
    15. What’s your favorite advertising slogan?

17. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Lady Belligerent
    No problem. ;)
    11. Do you think you could survive 21 days on a reality show like Naked & Afraid?
    I don't watch those kinds of shows, but I think I get the idea. I'd like to think I wouldn't die. I'm not really an outdoorsy person.
    12. What is your signature style? Casual, colorful, eclectic?
    Fashion-wise? I mostly wear pretty plain, dark clothes. That's not to say I'm all that orthodox. I really like surplus military stuff. I found an ammunition bag at a thrift store and I use it as a handbag. :p
    13. If you lived in the SW universe, what ship would you fly?
    The cargo shuttle from R1 looks pretty slow and steady with all the storage I could ever need.
    14. If social media existed in SW, what would Chewbacca’s status read?
    [face_plain]
    Oh lord. I must sound kinda old but I don't use any social media. Maybe I'm not the best person to ask.
    15. What’s your favorite advertising slogan?
    "Nationwide is on your side" is catchy I guess.

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Will you be spoiler free for the next film? Or do you actively look for spoilers?

19. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Lady Belligerent
    I try my best to avoid spoilers, and I'll even try to avoid late trailers. With Solo my passion for SW was pretty low, so I let a friend tell me about
    Maul. I obviously ended up seeing it and knowing about Maul hardly ruined it.
    But for the most part I dodge spoilers.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I think I'm able to ask questions too, so here goes!!

18. Do you own any Star Wars cosplay? If so, what??
    19. In your opinion, what is the best Star Wars creature?
    20. What is your favourite season and why?
    21. When does it stop being partly cloudy and become partly sunny?

21. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    @Khalia Octa
    18. Do you own any Star Wars cosplay? If so, what??
    For my second Comic Con I made myself an Imperial Captain's uniform. It didn't look 501st tier to say the least, but I got photographed once or twice so I guess it wasn't that bad. For my third Comic Con I did an Imperial Missionary from Legacy. Predictably enough, nobody recognized it; it did look really cool though.
    19. In your opinion, what is the best Star Wars creature?
    Film-wise, definitely the Exogorth (Space slug). It's just so interesting and makes the galaxy seem much wierder.
    20. What is your favourite season and why?
    Spring is just perfect. It's so hot where I live right now. I'd give anything for cooler temperatures.
    21. When does it stop being partly cloudy and become partly sunny?
    When you become an optimist. ;) [face_laugh]

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello EUC folks!! It’s time for another installment of EUC Interviews!
    =D==D=
    But, first let’s give a big round of applause for our last guest @SpecForce Trooper ! =D==D==D=

Today’s guest is someone who is mysterious! We all want to know more about this clever user. It’s the one...the only, @Dandelo !

Welcome to our new set @Dandelo, what do you think about the new decor? I borrowed @Sinrebirth ‘s credit card to cover the costs. :p Ewok skin rugs are hella expensive these days. I hope the protesters outside didn’t upset anyone, it’s not like, we killed the Ewok, it was already dead! Why not make a rug from it? Jeez.:rolleyes:

Ok, let’s get started.

1. It’s widely known that you’re a patron of the arts. Tell me what artist inspired your love of the arts?

2. Have you really never tried pizza?

3. After a long day, how do you unwind and relax?

4. When did you first become a SW fan?

5. Did you see Solo? If so, what is your opinion?

24. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Thank you Lady Belligerent for the warm introduction :D the new décor is fab! I only hope the great and powerful Sinre has mercy on us all! :p

1. It’s widely known that you’re a patron of the arts. Tell me what artist inspired your love of the arts?
    I think that would have to be Dali. One of my first art classes in high school was studying the Persistence Of Memory painting and immediately fell in love with the idea of surrealism. The only other artist by that point that I knew of that dabbled in the weird but wonderful was Picasso. I soon after got a book on Dali and was introduced to other artists of the movement. It then went from there and I got interested in a whole range of artists from Romanticism to Abstract Expressionism

2. Have you really never tried pizza?
    unfortunately not! haha. I have not tried many of the things I would like to. People have suggested I try with a simple cheese and tomato, apparently you can't go wrong with that! so one day maybe :p

3. After a long day, how do you unwind and relax?
    probably with a good book on true life hauntings and ghost stories! I'm reading one at the moment about Borley Rectory. Other-wise I'd read books on theology or western philosophy. If I was too tired I'd probably put on a movie, when winding down I figure putting on a martial arts movie...they are strangely relaxing :p

4. When did you first become a SW fan?
    no thanks to my mother I very nearly didn't! when I was about eight years old I was walking in Woolworths and saw a VHS tape of what would later be called "A New Hope" on sale. I pointed it out to my mother and asked what it was about and she replied "oh you wouldn't be interested in that" and hurried me along. About two years later there was excitement with my school friends because the special editions were about to be released. Not wanted to be left out of the loop I asked what this "star wars" was all about. My best friend at the time proceeded to tell me all about the original trilogy and I went to see the SE's at the cinema. Never looked back since.

5. Did you see Solo? If so, what is your opinion?
    I did indeed see Solo and thought it was fantastic! I thought every character was relatable, the story was strong and had great pacing . I went to see it with my brother in law who was confused about a certain character that appeared at the end. He has never seen TCW series, so I had to fill him in :p

25. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    1. Rumor is you were born in the former USSR? True or false?
    2. Whose in your avatar?
    3. What other franchises do you enjoy?
    4. Which Friends character are you?
    5. Where are you from?
    @Dandelo

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Lady Belligerent and Dandelo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.