main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yay, didn't realize its Qs from the audience time.

Allright,

1) So you are an Elder Scrolls fan. Would you like to see a movie adaptation of it at some point?

2) Besides ES, what is your 2nd favourite game frachise?

3) What is your favourite piece of EU?

4) How do you rate Rogue One?

5) Have you watched a decent documentary lately?

6) My standard question on RL/SW vaccations was taken, so lets try this instead. :p If you could visit a particular SW era, which one would it be?

Excellent music choices, btw!

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Horus Heresy or Age of Sigmar?
    H. P. Lovecraft or Clark Ashton Smith?

Weird Fantasy or Heroic Fantasy?

Pirates or Ninjas?

3. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    What is your favorite word?

These days? Sleep. That's university for you. You always gotta stay up if the work load gets big.

What is your least favorite word?

Pustule. Ugh. Sounds about as disgusting as the thing it describes.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Ambition. Some kind of plan or goal. Whether it be with myself or other people, it's an idea that always inspires.

What turns you off?

Arrogance. The idea that you can deem yourself superior to others without earning anything. I despise it.

What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.)

The word that rhymes with grunt. I rarely use it though. It's more satisfying to use it in an very applicable situation.

What sound or noise do you love?

The sound of the ocean tide or the sound of a river. It's soothing and meditative. Something about those sounds put my mind at ease.

What sound or noise do you hate?

The sound of a jackhammer. Seriously, I had to deal with that noise for a month with construction workers building a restaurant down the street from where I live and you could hear it in the morning. It sucked.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

A physicist. While I'm in a completely different area of study, I am actually quite good at that so I would try it.

What profession would you not like to do?

Being a surgeon. No, thanks. I have enough stress as it is. [face_laugh]

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

"Oh, good. You made it in time for the concert. We're starting with Motorhead.":D

4. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    1) So you are an Elder Scrolls fan. Would you like to see a movie adaptation of it at some point?

Well...that would depend on what it's adapting from that mythos. It would have to be a film about an event that doesn't take place during the games. So...maybe a film trilogy about the ending of the Great War between the Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire? Or Tiber Septim's unification of Tamriel? The arrival of Ysgramor and the original 1000 Companions in Skyrim from Atmora? Those three seem ideal. However, I AM apprehensive towards any films adapting a video game property. For a lot of reasons you could probably assume immediately.

2) Besides ES, what is your 2nd favourite game frachise?

Hmmm...probably Baldur's Gate? It was one of my most-played RPGs when I first got into the genre. I played the first and the second (especially the second) damn near obsessively along side Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and Deus Ex. Also, The Elder Scrolls isn't exactly my absolute favorite. With Skyrim and Oblivion, there were things that diminished it somewhat. However, I'd still say it's up there.

3) What is your favourite piece of EU?

Star Wars: Republic. As far as fleshing out the Clone Wars goes, this series was among the best. It's really hard choosing but I didn't realize how much I loved those comics until I saw TCW. When I was 11, the amount of disappointment that came with not seeing the events of Republic transpire on screen was monumental. As was the realization that W. Haden Blackman and John Ostrander weren't even remotely connected to it. Mostly, it had to do with the fact that it was Republic's vision of the Clone Wars was exactly as I would have thought of it when I saw the battles unfold at the end of AOTC and the ones during ROTS. Dark, gritty, heroic, and intriguing. Not to mention that it made the CIS a faction worth fearing and solidified Dooku as one of my favorite villains in the franchise. Also, Grievous was the butcher that deserved the reputation in the comics as well.

Also, a lot of the political and martial aspects of the prequels were also fleshed out to an unprecedented degree, which I find myself appreciating more and more with every time I re-read the series. That's really what I loved about it, honestly. The fact that it absorbed the world that George Lucas had hinted at and shown small snippets of and fleshed out the conflict that would define both Obi-Wan and Anakin. Frankly, I'd argue that Republic did that better than TCW. It didn't attempt to change the characters to make them more "appealing" like they did with Anakin in TCW. They took the character that was in AOTC and they gave him a believable transition into ROTS, which paid off far more.

4) How do you rate Rogue One?

Honestly? A 6.5-7/10. It was merely OK for me. The second act was fun and action-packed but that first act was not paced well by any stretch of the imagination. Also, the addition of characters like Chirrut was kind of stupid and I couldn't really find myself connecting to the rest of the cast besides a couple. K-2SO was fantastic but not many of the other supporting characters. It was cool seeing Diego Luna in a Star Wars film though and I'll gladly say it took more chances than TFA, which is always an improvement.

Could I watch it often? Not really.

5) Have you watched a decent documentary lately?

Unfortunately, I haven't lately. The last one I recall watching was last year in November. It was Secrets of the Castle. A series on BBC about the construction and masonry involved in making castles during the medieval era. It was rather fascinating. I'd recommend it.

6) If you could visit a particular SW era, which one would it be?

The Golden Age of the Old Republic for the stability and the knowledge of seeing the GFFA prosper.

5. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Pretty good points on Republic! It worked very well to enrich the EU between AOTC and ROTS and it fleshed out some amazing characters. Which were then incorporated into the movies. That created a special lvl of storytelling etc.

1) Favourite character in the Republic / Clone Wars series?

2) Real-deal paper books or e-readers/Kindles?

3) Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
    a) In RL
    b) In GFFA

No further questions, your honour Lady Belligerent . :p

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I wonder who will be next.

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What is your course of study?

8. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Horus Heresy or Age of Sigmar?

Horus Heresy. Better rules, better setting, and better lore. Also, seeing as how I'm a Warhammer Fantasy fan, you can probably see why I wouldn't like Age of Sigmar. Not to mention its underwhelming launch and the business practices that Games Workshop partakes in on a regular basis.

H. P. Lovecraft or Clark Ashton Smith?

Clark Ashton Smith for the sole reason that I feel he was a better stylist and his characters are more developed. Lovecraft's cool though. At the Mountains of Madness is one of my favorites, as well as many others.

Weird Fantasy or Heroic Fantasy?
    Heroic fantasy just barely edges out weird fantasy for me. I love both but I like heroic fantasy just a little bit more. :)

Pirates or Ninjas?
    Ninjas.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

10. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    1) Favourite character in the Republic / Clone Wars series?

This is probably a tad cliche but Quinlan Vos is probably my favorite with Dooku not far behind. Those two became instant favorites because I wanted to see more of Dooku (and I wasn't disappointed) and Quinlan Vos is Ostrander in top form.

2) Real-deal paper books or e-readers/Kindles?

Actual books, please. Call me old-fashioned but reading stuff digitally just feels so...lifeless. Sure, e-readers may be convenient but there's nothing like cracking open a good book with your hands. It's an odd thing to think about but I like it.

What is your course of study?

Global Management. Essentially economics involving organizations with global operations. It's a lot to learn but it's a satisfying course for me.

11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahhh... An Econ nerd. I'm an investment nerd myself.
    How did you get interested in econ?

What do you plan to do with that?

12. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    How did you get interested in econ?

Well, I know several languages and I've always been good with statistics and mathematics so I just decided to go into a field where I knew I would be encouraged to use all of those skills.

What do you plan to do with that?

For now, I'm looking into consultation for firms who may desire to invest in overseas operations. There's quite a demand for that. However, if any other opportunities turn up (and they very well may), I'll gladly consider them. :D I just started university last year so...classes are my first priority at the moment.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Deeper and deeper...
    What languages?

What countries do you look forward to traveling to most?

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

14. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    What languages?

I speak English (duh), Macedonian, Serbo-Croatian, Russian, German, and French.

What countries do you look forward to traveling to most?

Norway, Germany (again), Belgium, and Thailand. That's what I'm looking forward to for now.

15. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Who is best dressed in SW?

Padme. I mean...it would just feel dishonest to put anyone else.

Favourite non-human species and why?

My favorite non-human species would probably be the Taung. Mostly due to their involvement in the creation of the Mandalorians as they would be know later on in the galaxy. They're a part of what made stuff like Tales of the Jedi interesting.

Favourite SW culture?

The Chiss, honestly. Until I got interested in Thrawn, I had never seen anything like it in Star Wars up until that point.

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

Everything between New Jedi Order and Legacy. Legacy of the Force, Dark Nest and Fate of the Jedi kind of squandered a lot of the more interesting elements in New Jedi Order that John Ostrander thankfully fleshed out in the Legacy.

What would you want to see more of in SW?

As far as the televised/cinematic content goes, seeing a fleshed out military conflict. Showing the true scale of the combat in the Star Wars universe. The kind of stuff you saw in Republic, the KotOR comics, the Stark Hyperspace War, Tales of the Jedi, etc.

Also, to add to that, I always wanted to see something solely about the Rebellion. Something in the vein of Battlefront: Twilight Company, which is what Rebels should have been like.

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

The Iskalloni were a species I'd like to see back. They were a race of short, blue-skinned, humanoid cyborgs from Iskadrell that showed up in issue #48 of Knights of the Old Republic.

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

The Jal Shey due to their intellectual approach to the Force, the Matukai for their philosophy and unique armament and the Blazing Chain for their potential in a story.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) architecture that you think would fit that species

17. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Hey, guys. I'll answer any remaining questions during Friday night and the weekend. I am currently busy at the moment.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Get your final questions in folks. :)

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    From a brief glance, I don't think this was asked: Favourite SW game? Be it a video game, boardgame, or pen&paper.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?

What comics do you read?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    It'll be interesting to see who goes after Talos, he's given really insightful answers.

Talos of Atmora likes this.
  23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    One o' these days, the massive geek that is Stephen Colbert is going to pick up some of these questions. :p

24. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm going to answer the last of the questions today. Been slacking. ;)

25. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Favourite SW game?

Probably KotOR with Battlefront II and TIE Fighter close behind.

What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?

It was competently done. There was nothing out of place and everyone's attire fit their occupation and character so I can't say anything bad about it.

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

I was reading the Swords trilogy by Michael Moorcock. It's a story about a warrior named Corum Jhaelen Irsei who comes from a race known as the Vadagh. They lost their tendency for warfare after their conflicts with a rival civilization, the Nadragh, nearly posed catastrophic consequences for both of them. Whilst skilled in combat, they studied more from a place of inquiry and practice rather than actual use like many other activities like music and art. They were so developed to the point where they could isolate themselves from warfare and the political troubles of the world. That is, before it came back to haunt them.

Seeing a Star Wars equivalent to that would be quite interesting.

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

I genuinely have no idea. A lot of the ideas I had before I started to become heavily immersed in the Expanded Universe back then did a lot of the things I may have wanted to see. Perhaps something will come to mind but I have no clue right now.

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?

Possibly the hanar from Mass Effect. They're a really interesting species and given their interactions with others in their own respective universe, it'd be intriguing seeing how they might behave in places like Coruscant.

What comics do you read?

While I do read Marvel and DC, I didn't read a lot of DC when the New 52 was running and I haven't read a lot of the main Marvel series due to some of the ridiculously awful stories they have published over the last several years like Mark Waid's run of Daredevil before Charles Soule had to step in and revitalize the character again.

There's also a lot of the stuff that's in The Mighty Thor material with Jane Foster where they fail to realize that, before attempting to make political statements, the characters have to be actually good. It's not like any of the "political commentary" is any good either. It just seems like they regurgitated a bunch of stuff off social media and thought, "Oh, yeah. THIS is intellectually stimulating."

The last example I'll use here was Invincible Iron Man which was especially bad. On top of all the things I dislike about that series (writing, story arcs, etc.), they COMPLETELY missed the perfect opportunity to have a female successor to Tony Stark called Iron Maiden. I mean...seriously. At least try to make your comics cool.

However, I've started reading more Marvel as much as I have been reading Rebirth after stuff like Soule's Daredevil run (which I highly recommend) started coming out.

Besides that, I'm a huge Dark Horse fan. A lot of what got me into comics was stuff like Hellboy, Conan, BPRD, Star Wars (of course), Witchfinder, AvP, Usagi Yojimbo, etc. They also publish a lot of excellent manga (Berserk, Appleseed, Lone Wolf and Cub) too, so that's an added plus. I also read quite a bit of Image and Valiant material.

In conclusion, a lot of comics! [face_laugh]

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

The Hassarians. They were mentioned in passing in The Black Fleet Crisis with only one character called Llotta, who is only said to be a captain that died on Doornik-319. There isn't a whole lot more about them and if there is potential to flesh out new species then there's a perfect blank canvas.

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

The Delphidians. Sidon Ithano was one of those rare distinctive things in TFA and I only want to see more about them.

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

Well...besides Sidon Ithano? Probably Bazine Netal. We need more Agent of the Empire-esque espionage/spy stuff and she would be perfect. I know she was featured in The Perfect Weapon but so much more can be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.