main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Fletching your own arrows is a must, you lose fletches often and being able to repair your own equipment is essential. It's also rewarding to say the least. And I shot today, after three weeks off and was really pleased. Wish I had been scoring! I was 'on target' today with BOTH bows! Very pleased!!

Damn, he'd make me a really sweet pet.. [face_devil] Hmmm, I always thought the ladies of Dathomir had the right idea, so give me a Rancor!!!

I take great pride in my e kids and as you yourself know Becca, I treat them as my own. If they need to talk, I'm here, if they need advice, I'm here. And when they are naughty......Ewoks!!! ;)

Although I made some wonderful friends in the Dark Lords, I have to say the Jedi Friends fight less. And yes, sadly there was a lot of in fighting that I felt was just 'egos butting heads' but these days I find the egos are older a little wiser, or maybe I am? Who knows.

Anakin Solo doesn't die, Jacen does. That would make everything right in my mind. I liked Anakin and when he died I sat and cried. :(

I don't have one major memory, seen some really good times and a few very nasty and vicious people who believe their on line persona has the right to abuse who ever they want and not suffer consequences. Some people are cold on line and forget that not everyone is like that, many take this place (and others) very seriously (some too much so). There is a happy medium, and I like to think I've found it. ;)

He is too....... [face_love] He'd be my cuddly critter! :D

There is a part of me who wants to see Coruscant for real, the size and atmosphere would be overwhelming! But Skywalker Ranch would do me just fine! :D

A new generation of fans, my kids and possibly their kids being fans! Having someone to leave my collection too who will not sell it, but appreciate it for the love that went into gathering it!

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well that brings Beware Addie to a whole new level!
    I wish all the Solo children had lived.
    THIS.

Falcon and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    nice interview Addie

If you could rewrite a part of the Saga which part would it be and why? (Adalia being married to Kyp does not count)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Damn you lot, you keep heading me off at the pass!! :p

For a start, more than just a broken heart was going to kill Padme, for pittys sake woman!! If you are trying to inspire strong independent women, you FAILED!!! :p

And once again, Anakin Solo's death. He'd live in my book and he'd go on to GREAT things to redeem the name he was given. ;)

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    we all know about your crush on Kyp and what you want to do with him. Of course we're heading you off at the pass :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Our next interviewee is Corellian_Outrider Welcome to the hot seat Outrider!

Here's your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. When did you first realize you had artistic talent?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for having me, Runner! It is a pleasure to be here. How are you today?

To sum it up in a word… Curiosity.

Before I came to the EUC, I was knowledgable about the EU with the books for a time but kinda fell away after the NJO wrapped up due to over saturation and could not keep up. I am back into it again but sticking to what I consider to be the essentials. Finding it more enjoyable this way than having to get everything.

I had heard about the EUC in passing a few times from a good friend and decided to check it out. I was shy at first to post but then I jumped in with both feet and didn't looked back. Made a lot of great friends in the process.

This is a bit of a long story (but I'll try to keep short) as it did not come instantly for me. I was introduced to it on VHS around 5 or 6 and I liked Chewie, Han and Wedge, the vehicle battles and the duels. Outside of the films, there was the Ewoks and Droids cartoons, Caravan of Courage and playing the Super Star Wars games on the Super Nintendo. My world at that time however was more Jurassic Park/Indiana Jones orientated and The Lion King!

What got me completely hooked was the combination of Shadows of the Empire on the Nintendo 64 and the 20th Anniversary Special Editions. I missed out on seeing it at the cinemas but got the VHS box set for my birthday that year and the N64. Then came the model kits, the books, etc… it just took off from there and never stopped.

In the end, I want it to be an enjoyable and entertaining film that remains true to the essence of what the maker, George, had intended the sequel trilogy to be and fits within the spirit of Star Wars. If they do that, then we know it would be great. I don't expect them to limit their creativity to conform to past EU material and that whatever else from the EU that ends up in it.. even if just nods to some things, is just a bonus.

One thing to consider, there be new vehicle designs and characters to fall in love with.

Cannot go wrong with Choctop ice-cream/Ice cream sandwich and popcorn - the original type, whatever it is called. The sweet and salt combo is great on the taste buds.

I had always drawn ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand and never stopped. I love making things and telling stories, doesn't matter the medium. Whether it be just playing or trying to capture an emotion or share and to bring a smile. It did take some time to realise my potential.. I think it was around late primary school or early high school… and I realise mostly because everyone kept telling me when they see my sketches. I kept at it and always challenged myself to take my skills that next step further.

*Sits forward to take a sip of water, returns the glass to table and then sits back in the chair.*

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey! He got water!!! :p

Good friend huh!? ;)

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Soda Water :cool:

To quote the wise words of Teal'c… "Indeed" ;)

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's an emotional day for me. It's the first running of the Boston Marathon since the bombings a year ago. I'm shaken today by the memory. More importnantly I'm cheering for my friends who are there and striving more than ever to get back there myself. I just have to re-qualify (which is not easy).

Great answers so far! Here's a few more questions for you :)

6. What SW EU book is your favorite and why?
    7. What is your favorite artwork to date SW and non SW? (please share if you are not shy!)
    8. Who is your favorite SW character and why?
    9. Besides Art and SW what other hobbies do you have?
    10. Sounds like you enjoy video games, what is your favorite video game?

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember that incident and it was horrific. I can understand the emotions that you are feeling. I want to wish all the best to you and your friends, I hope re-qualification process goes smoothly!
    Thank you, you do have a knack for asking great questions too. :)

There's too many to list as each has their merits so I try not to retread familiar ground and only pick two that made an impact:

Shadows of the Empire - The book that got me into it all. We find out what really happened between Empire and Jedi and I feel the portrayal of Vader/Anakin in it was done great and showed that the character is not a monster or a villain but an actual human beneath the suit.

I, Jedi - Intimate character driven story from Corran's P.O.V. that gives an unique perspective on events.

Honourable Mention: Shadow Games - fun adventure thriller with Dash and Han.

Audiobook highlight: Scoundrels - Timothy Zahn crafted a great story and Marc Thompson's read of the story gave each character a unique voice. A brilliant production and worth listening to!

This is like picking out which is my favourite child. And as an artist, it does change for each new piece and over time you always want to go back and revamp the ones you did before with the skills you had learnt since then. Okay, so here goes for completed pieces…

For Star Wars, there is the recent Bardan Jusik. I don't want to put words into people's thoughts about why but I'll let you see why and come to your own conclusions.
    [​IMG]

However, there is one that is currently in development which I feel a deeper connection to. I guess it cannot hurt to show off for a limited time until completed.
    [​IMG]

For non Star Wars… I have been developing a series of works that are Disney related. I am quite proud of the latest one, Pocahontas.
    [​IMG]

This is an easy one to answer but harder to explain. My favourite character is Ahsoka Tano.

Why? Because she is an integral component to the Saga. She is the only person to understand Anakin, see him for who he is and treat him as a person. Not to mention she has a great personality and I feel like I've known her my whole life.
    Outside of my time on the boards and art related projects… there is reading, writing my own fiction, listening to music and podcasts, movies, video games and exploring. I do have an interest in history, science, astronomy and palaeontology. I also miss archery but want to take up sailing.

Ahhh… *purses lips*

this isn't an easy one to answer as there are so many brilliant ones and different criteria. For example there's the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that takes you on a journey of a life time and through time… but then there is another in the series that at points hits you emotionally like Skyward Sword. Similar thing can be said about the Prince of Persia series and so forth.

I'll break it down into categories :
    1st Party | Nintendo series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Endless Ocean, etc)

3rd Party games: Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed series

Star Wars games: Rogue Squadron series/X-Wing Alliance (KotOR series comes next)

*Smiles*

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    And my final set of questions for Corellian_Outrider

11. What do you find challenging about drawing/ is there anything you don't like to draw?
    12. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    13. What is your favorite non SW book?
    14. What are the top three places you would most like to travel (in RL)?
    15. What are the top three planets in the SW Universe you'd like to see?

Once Outrider has answered this set of questions the floor is open for others to ask :)

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    "Here we go!" - Mario

There isn't really anything challenging other than the risks of suffering from burn outs on certain elements or subject matter when dealing with deadlines. Things like perspective work does take time setting up the layouts but it is just time. Maybe getting colour to look right as each screen is different and the outputs, colour profiles and such and then there is doing prints.

What I don't like to draw? Don't like to draw with charcoal as it gets everywhere and you have to treat the page afterwards with a spray otherwise it smudges and gets everywhere. :p

There isn't really a subject matter (at this point in time) that I don't like to draw. I don't mind drawing characters, animals, vehicles and landscapes. Within these, there are elements that can get repetitive are things like a city and having to put in the buildings or individual stones/leaves…. and so forth but you just chip away at it and mix things up a bit. Sometimes it feels like you are not making progress or that the elements are not coming together and look the same. On the flip side, I find drawing hair very therapeutic. Maybe some time down the track I'll give a go at doing Rapunzel. :p

Another tricky one to narrow down.

Favourite Animated Feature Film: The Lion King (Aladdin/Tangled equal second)
    Favourite Live Action Film: Jurassic Park (Gladiator/The Last Crusade comes equal second)

Hmmm… absolute favourite would have to be James Gurney's Dinotopia books. His artworks are beautiful and immersive that you can get lost in the world he has created. The 20th Anniversary editions of Dinotopia and Dinotopia: The World Beneath has the remastered prints of the artworks and also behind the scenes feature at the back of it.

Europe again as there are quite a few places I haven't been to yet and also to revisit the places I have been to during the summer for a change.

DisneyLand/DisneyWorld

and Hawaii

Corellia… as it is the true capital of the galaxy :p

Kiros as there are quite a few artisans at the colony there and seems peaceful. Not quite like Rivendell but close enough.

and I've heard Chandrila is nice all year round.

Alright, I think it is time for everyone else to jump in too with their questions. So who wants to go first?

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Alrighty, I'll have a go before I dig out my charcoal to work on a mixed media piece... :p

What/who influenced your style of art? Not looking for a comprehensive list but was there anything/anyone big?

Kind of related, did you get the chance to visit some of the big art galleries in Europe? If so, what did you think of seeing some of those works in person?

If you could meet any one character from SW, who would it be? What would you talk about?

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahh... It's not that bad to use and you get some nice results but I just find it messy. How are you finding it? I hope your mixed media piece goes well and be sure to let me know how it turns out :)

From the top of my head there are a few that I admire which probably had a hand in influencing my art style…
    • James Gurney - Mainly because of Dinotopia. Each piece conveys the sense of history, culture and believability of these extinct creatures (or maybe not ;) there could be such an island) interacting with people in a world we can connect to. He also has a great blog going that has artist tips and such.
      [​IMG]
    • Stan Winston - He and his team brought creatures and characters to life across different mediums from puppets, animatronics, makeup effects, etc.
      [​IMG]
    • Mark 'Crash' McCreery - Concept artist for Stan Winston, I was familiar with some of his sketches for Jurassic Park/The Lost World when I was young.
      [​IMG]
    • Ralph McQuarrie - his work for Star Wars was legendary.
      [​IMG]
    • Drew Struzan - His poster art for films are legendary.
      [​IMG]
    • Disney - Those classic Disney animated films from their renaissance period (The Little Mermaid all through to Lilo & Stitch)
    I didn't get to… I know it is always recommended to see the works in person and to appreciate it in the intended viewing space but the only art gallery I went to was The Louvre and I didn't get to go inside it due to time constraints. Only had a weekend in Paris and the first day was pretty much spent getting there by car from the UK.

I can appropriate it to some of the castles like Norwich, Warwick and Cardiff Castle… just to name a few and it really is something to be there in person to roam about the battlements and get a sense of scale and the craftsmanship that you don't get from seeing photos of it. Especially Cardiff Castle, there are rooms in there that are so intricately detailed that it would have taken an army of artists to get it all done within their lifetime.

Ahsoka Tano. Not quite sure what we will be talking about as it would depends on what point of time and how we meet but I know that the discussion would likely go on a tangent about our favourite food/cake while enjoying cake/tea/cocoa at the same time :p

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Who would be the 'good friend' who convinced you to come to the EU, and what would you say to them if you met them in RL?

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Two friends actually, the good friends would be Jerjerrod-Lennox and you, Addie. :)

There would be a lot to share but the core would be to say thank you for being a great friend and for being who you are.

Falcon, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    How did you come across theforce.net?

Which part of the series would you rewrite and why?

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If you were to be able to enter the SW universe and be anyone or anything that you wanted in an era of your choosing, what, where, and who would that be?

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I had stumbled upon the TF.n around or maybe a bit after the time of The Phantom Menance. I had ventured into the JC boards a few times and decided to join up after participating in one of those Community/Developer Chats on the Official LucasArts website that they used to hold. From memory, that chat was with the director of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and I had asked if there would be any future expansions to add new civilisations that connects to Ep II and III.

Not quite sure which series you had meant in particular. If TCW…. then not really a rewrite but to allow the series end the way they had intended it to end after… 7-8 seasons? If for the EU… there are a few like Crystal Star/Children of the Jedi/Planet of Twilight type stuff but they are more standalone. The main one would be to allow Anakin Solo to live in the NJO and also to enforce continuity of character's personalities that kept shifting in the series that followed after the NJO.

Hmmmm…. probably an original character… of the Corellian Jedi Order… during the Old Republic Era… approx. a fifteen hundred years before the Ruusan Campaign. Why that time? It's more of a sweet spot that hasn't really been explored. Not to mention the Corellian Monarchy be at their golden age.

BultarSwan likes this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :D[face_batting][face_blush]

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I was going to start another interview today, but I now realize my weekend is just too crazy busy for that. So on Monday I will begin interviewing Rebecca_Daniels until then you may continue to ask questions of Outrider :)

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope your weekend goes smoothly, Runner. :) Looking forward to the next one.

Also, if you had already asked me a question before, you are welcome to ask me more. :) I'll do my best to answer them.

Runjedirun likes this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Have you eaten all your Easter Eggs??!?!

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Yes but I didn't get that much… just one of those Lindt Bunny Picnic Baskets that had: 3 Lindor, 2 Mini Eggs and 3 Mini Bunnies. How did yours go? The marshmallow ones were a success?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.