main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    It's been many years since I bought a comic, but in my teens/early 20's I was an avid reader of The Punisher. I still have my entire Punisher collection, including the 1st appearance (Amazing Spiderman #129). He was my favorite anti-hero, because he was just a soldier pushed over the edge by the murder of his wife and kids, none of those special psychic powers or mutant mumbo-jumbo.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think you would like Usagi Yojimbo and Space Usagi

3. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

I remember him as the rabbit/samurai from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the old 80's cartoon). :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's him.:)
    His own comic is really good.

5. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Thought I would toss up some examples of Star Wars props I've built, and am working on.

Data terminal (yep, it's a real computer.)
    [​IMG]

Diagnostics terminal
    [​IMG]

Portable jail cell (for capturing those pesky bounties! Working on upgrading this thing.)
    [​IMG]

GONK power droid (plays Star Wars MP3's, replicates two 120v wall outlets, and powers/charges USB devices)
    [​IMG]

Aratech Military Speeder Bike Prototype. I took a few creative liberties with this one, and recently one of my Florida MMCC members did some upgrades to her.
    (You toy collectors out there will remember this toy released as part of the "Expanded Universe" line in 1998.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Currently I am working on a new speeder project that will debut in the MMCC area at Celebration Anaheim next year. This is a MUCH bigger speeder than the one above, and will carry 3 people (2 in the cockpit, 1 on the rear gun).
    For inspiration, I'm combing the 2013 Lego "Mandalorian Speeder":
    [​IMG]

With it's Clone Wars cartoon counterpart, the Burik'alor class airspeeder:
    [​IMG]

The version I'm building is a little more compact measuring around 14ft long x 8ft wide, it's meant to be a fast assault craft like you'd find in a mobile cavalry unit.
    So here's the current stage of construction:
    [​IMG]
    I've used a 40 volt golf cart as the drive section, cut it in half and extended the frame by 32 inches so the seat could be moved into the floor. It'll reach around 20mph on a flat road. :)

So ya, I don't just build armor...I pretty much build it all and then bring it to life. [face_love]

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When you type Mando into an e-mail Outlook tries to change it to Man do. Because this Man does so much! Impressive ^:)^

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You really are a Tony Stark of the GFFA!

Where do you get to store all these? Do you sometimes have issues with space?

8. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I still want that billion dollars though. [face_laugh]

The "prop shop" is in my basement garage, and yes it's getting full. I'm working on a plan for that, but it takes time...as all good plans do. :)

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Do I get to get inteview too? :D :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm interviewing those who would like to be interviewed. Please shoot me a PM if you would like to be added to the list. I am doing one a week in the order of requested. I only have 3 people ahead of you at this time.

Anyone else wanting to be added to the interview list can also shoot me a PM :)

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    What server did you play on in SWG?

Mandalore The Uniter likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What server do you possibly play on SW:TOR ;)

13. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Gorath

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  14. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I don't play it unfortunately. Not much free time for games anymore.

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Sure, I'll send you a PM. :)

Iron_lord and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any mando's armour we have seen that you practically like?
    To continue this question -
    any favourite close combat weapon?
    favourite weapon in the SW-universe?

There are always exceptions to the roles.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, one author went so far as to try to make a force sensitive droid. . .which all other authors then ignored :p

What's you favorite RL bounty you have collected as part of the Mando Mercs?

18. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I think Pre Vizsla's armor from Season 5 of TCW is probably my favorite set thus-far, with the Supercommando Captain being my second favorite.
    I do have 2 Besk'ad that are part of my personal armory for CQB. While it's not the best detailed pic, you can see them below:
    [​IMG]

Favorite weapon in SWU...hmmm...probably the Czerka Carbine. It looks like an old west rifle. :)
    [​IMG]

19. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Probably Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion. :D

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    One last thank you to Mandalore The Uniter for a great interview!

I am moving on to the next volunteer. Please welcome Kev-Mas_Colcha to the interview thread!
    Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What is your favorite SW character and why?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Alright, before I answer your questions I'd like to thank you for taking the time to interview me.

Now, with that said, lets get on to the questions.

When I first joined these forums in December 2002, I only really joined for the FanForce I was in here in Phoenix (which is sadly now non-existent). However, around 2004 I stumbled across a user by the name of Admiral_Palpetine, who introduced me to the EUC and it's Jedi thread at the time, known back then as the Galactic Defenders.

Well, I first saw the original trilogy back in 1997 for the 20th anniversary showing in theaters when I was NINE YEARS OLD. However, I wasn't really hooked until 2002 slightly before I joined TF.N at the age of 14. What hooked me? Well, it was all the small little background details that made the universe more special. This is why I love the Expanded Universe.

Well, to be honest, I'm hoping that the main focus on Episode VII as well as the rest of the new trilogy is on a whole set of new characters, and that the returning cast is merely just there for nostalgia's sake as background characters. Change things up a bit and make it fresh and new, so to speak.

Not a single character necessarily, but a group of them. The Emperor's Shadow Guards.

Well, I'm a huge metalhead. I go to concerts, make vocal covers of some of my favorite songs from time to time and I even have my own band which I do vocals in. My girlfriend is also very involved in these interests and even plays rhythm guitar in my band.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    6. What draws you to the Emperor's Shadow Guards? Why do you like them?
    7. What is your favorite SW book and why?
    8. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    9. What is your favorite band?
    10. So you are in a band. Do you play any instruments or just do vocals? What got you interested in music?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Probably the simple yet clever concept to them. I will also admit that I probably like them more because my personal OC named after my username was a Shadow Guard from 19 BBY - 9 BBY.

Probably Death Star. I love the point of view it is told from and it was executed so well. One of the things I love the most about the Expanded Universe is how they explain all the minor details you take for granted in the movies. It makes you think more about the inner workings of the universe, makes you ask who, when, how or why.

Probably The Avengers.

It's a two way tie between Symphony X and Ensiferum.

I tried to learn to play guitar in the past, but unfortunately I lacked the patience and dexterity to do so, so I just do vocals for now. However, I might try learning again in the near future. Pretty much what got me interested in music was listening to it. One day I found myself singing along to one of my favorite songs and I realized that I didn't sound too bad so I just kept doing it. Eventually a friend of mine (who is now the drummer in my current band) hit me up with an offer to sing in his Hardcore Punk band (which is now inactive for an indefinite period of time). I really enjoyed playing with a full band, however more than anything I wanted to do metal. I had been toying with a concept for a metal band that was influenced by spaghetti westerns and the history of the Western United States, and then when I found out that another friend of mine had a similar idea and played an instrument (bass), I decided to make it a reality. Now we've got 5 members (Lead and Rhythm Guitar, Drums, Bass and Vocals), have several song lyrics and a song that is nearly completely written. Hopefully we can get more done so we can eventually start doing shows and recording.

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    And now my final set of questions for Kev-Mas_Colcha
    11. What three SW planets would you like to travel to most?
    12. What three cities/countries would you like to travel to most in RL?
    13. How did you chose your current username?
    14. What is your favorite non SW book?
    15. Do you have any plans this summer?

Thanks so much for volunteering! Once these questions have been answered the floor is open to all others so ask away :)

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    1. Zonama Sekot. The planet has an exotic mystique that is truly captivating. What better would it be to visit a planet that is literally alive?
    2. Corellia. The planet has got it all. It's got bustling cities, but at the same time it has beautiful mountain scenery.
    3. Naboo. Well, the planet is purdy.

1. Wacken, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. I'd go for the world's biggest open air heavy metal festival, Wacken Open Air. It's pretty much a mecca for metalheads so going there is near the top of my bucket list.
    2. Sweden. I'd like to go check out some of the viking rune stones that still lie around in the countryside, and I've also got some distant relatives there too.
    3. Finland. Well, a good chunk of the bands I listen to only play festivals over there, so in order to get to see them live, I'd have to go there.

Well, a long time ago, 12 years ago or so I used some star wars name generator online and I generated the name "Kev-Mas Clacha". Obviously it's different now, as I changed it so it'd roll off the tongue better, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

"The Hobbit"

Well, on June 5th-8th I'll be going to Phoenix Comicon, and then my birthday is on the 16th of July so I'll probably be having a small get together with some close friends. Other than that, I'm just going to see what life throws at me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.