main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Lipton concludes each interview with the following questions. They were first done by Bernard Pivot, a French interviewer in Apostrophes.
    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on?
    4. What turns you off?
    5. What sound or noise do you love?
    6. What sound or noise do you hate?
    7. What is your favorite curse word?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    • What is your favorite word? hrrm... there's a few answers i could give to this one, but i'll just give you two. darkling and a short phrase that might as well be one word, in twain. yea, i like archaic words.
    • What is your least favorite word? like, when used the way a valley girl would, or very, which is to me one of the most useless words in the english language since it really doesn't have much of a meaning and is so utterly relative that it serves no purpose but to be filler.
    • What turns you on? artistic nudity. on a more practical level, cuddling, and that certain look that every guy wants to see directed at them.
    • What turns you off? smoking. being allergic it's kind of a double whammy, can't stand the smell and makes it hard to breath. perfume is an unfortunate close second since it causes the same problem.
    • What sound or noise do you love? thunder, just such a primal sound. mix it with some rain and i can relax a lot. or in the right situation it can emphasize what you're doing, and make things more intense.
    • What sound or noise do you hate? the sound of crying.
    • What is your favorite curse word? **** or anything from a beetle bailey sarge swearing contest.
    • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? race car driver i think. always enjoyed driving fast, just never been in a situation where i could really have fun with it.
    • What profession would you not like to do? anything that's ever been on dirty jobs. just no thank you.
    • If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? well done my child.

Mitth_Fisto and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    New week, new interview. Thanks again The Great No One for your participation :)

Now it is time to welcome Jedi Master Kenobiwan to the thread with a basic set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    happy to do it. i really enjoyed answering the questions, and hopefully those that read them enjoyed it as well.

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    no i did not... that is distinctly interesting i have to say. thanks for the link gamiel.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    väl bekomme

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Well....It muss be all this crazy members that are here. :p But mostly because of GoL. I was never interested in EUC before, but on a beautiful day I found GoL. And the people there got me into BMC... and from there I got to know a lot of nice and good people. ;)
    I became Star Wars fan for around four and a half years ago, I'm soon sixteen, so I was probably around twelve that time. What hooked me? Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi. It was like love at first sight! :p
    I'm hoping to see Ewan in Episode VII...if not, damn you Star Wars! :p
    My favorite movie concession? Well...everything that are eatable. :p
    Nothing special. School, homework, reading, TV, gaming....And yes, Facebook. :p All the daily stuff. ^^

By the way, I'm sorry for that I answered so late, I don't get so much time to use my computer. [face_blush]

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's okay, happy to have you ;)

Going to move right along to the next set of questions:

6. What about the GOL was attractive to you?
    7. What characteristics does Obi-Wan display that attracted you to his character?
    8. What is your favorite scene in a SW movie (episodes I - VI)?
    9. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    10. What is your favorite EU book and why?

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    The pleasure is on my side. :)

6. What about the GOL was attractive to you?
    The Jedi training, hehe. It feels soooo real!

7. What characteristics does Obi-Wan display that attracted you to his character?
    First of all as "The Negotiator". And his loyalty and dedication to the Jedi Order. His humour...and the look. [face_love]

8. What is your favorite scene in a SW movie (episodes I - VI)?
    I have a lot of favorite scene in the SW saga, but the scene that tops everyone is the lightsable duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin on Mustafar. Just the scene itself is a 10!

9. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    Oh, there are a lot of them! Twilight, LotR, X-men, James Bond, Star Trek, Spider Man...I can continue, but it take over a month to remember ever single one. :p

10. What is your favorite EU book and why?
    Difficult to say, I read a lot and there are a lot of EU books that are on my favorite EU book list. The top four may be:
    1. Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit Siege (Because we got a small love scene between Taria Damsin and Obi-Wan Kenobi. [face_love])
    2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wild Space (Because it has action, Obi-humour and Obi-Wan. ^^)
    3. Star Wars: The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (I think the title itself says a lot. ^^)
    4. Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit Stealth (Action, Obi-Wan and Anakin together on a mission = funny...:D)

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks! Jedi Master Kenobiwan

I am going to go ahead and ask my last set of questions.

11. What is your favorite non SW book?
    12. What games do you play and what is your current favorite?
    13. What subjects in school capture your interest?
    14. What is your favorite TV show?
    15. What would you be willing to give up in RL to weild a lightsaber and use the force for a day?

Thanks that's all my questions. Once these quesions are answered the floor is open to others :)

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011

11. What is your favorite non SW book?
    Hmmmmm....I really don't know for sure. Right now I'm reading the final book in the Twilight Saga and I love it! But I don't think I can point out one single book and say that that is my favorite.

12. What games do you play and what is your current favorite?
    I play Star Trek Online, Need for Speed World and Star Wars: The Old Republic. And my current favorite is of course ToR! :D

13. What subjects in school capture your interest?
    I love math! I will go out of junior high school with an A in math on my school report! [face_dancing]

14. What is your favorite TV show?
    That muss be Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Arrow, Sherlock, Long Way Round and Long Way Down....There are more, but I can't remember any of them right now....

15. What would you be willing to give up in RL to weild a lightsaber and use the force for a day?
    I'm not sure, maybe school. :p No homeworks, yay! :p

Iron_lord and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Who do you consider best dressed in SW?

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    awesome answer to 15. made me laugh.

what's your fav star wars species and why?

is it just obi-wan that draws you to the clone wars era, or are there other things that make it your favorite time period?

outside of the clone wars, what would be your favorite time period/stretch of books?

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    All right, one question at the time. :p

Favorite non-it human species.....it has to be gungan. Misa love gungan! :p Why? Because they are funny. :p

The person that is best dressed in SW? Eh.....everyone! :p

what's your fav star wars species and why? Same answer.

I don't think there are any other things that make it my favorite time periode...maybe the war, you know...action. :p

I don't know, because I haven't got any other SW books that are outside of that timeline.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite SW culture?

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Does the Jedi Order go under culture? If it does, then it is that one. :D

Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

I would say it dose

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Good. :D

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I'm not sure....I don't know much fictional cultures...but if they can manage to use diffirent fictional cultures from some good sci-fi movies as an inspiration in SW, it would be great. I like to mix things up. :D

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Maybe vikings. :p As the sith and jedi. :p Huge...no, I'll say massive! :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you Jedi Master Kenobiwan

This week's interview is with Darth_Dreadwar. Welcome to the thread :) Here is your first set of questions:

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  21. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Thank you Runjedirun, great to be on the show. ;)

1. I was brought to the EUC by the Dominion of Darkness, mostly. I'd been a keen poster at the SWC and got involved with some drama involving sectarian Sith warfare, and said fanclub warfare naturally spread to the EUC. Once I realised how cool the EUC was, being something of a mix of my previous favourite boards, Literature and the SWC, I was here to stay.
    2. I became a Star Wars fan quite late in the game, around 2006 I'd have to say, so I'd have been 12. Funnily enough, I was crawling all around Wookieepedia before I'd even watched the movies - it was very much the EU literature that snagged me. Specifically, I loved the Old Republic era stories - the combination of fantasy, ancient magic with sci-fi really stood out in these stories, and I'd say that was what hooked me.
    3. Three words: Ancient Sith Lords.
    4. I'm guessing this means cinema snacks? If so, I always go for salted popcorn and a Fanta. Something about the extremes of savoury and sweet really get me through the movie.
    5. Well, beyond studying, which consumes a frustrating amount of my life, I like to walk around London fairly aimlessly with a few mates, usually with some excuse to justify it like exploring ghost tube stations or the like... Eat out, play LaserTag... I love suits so I go clothes shopping a fair amount for a guy, hit the clubs occasionally. Of course, indoors I'll always pick a browse of Wookieepedia or reading a new Star Wars work over watching a movie or TV.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Great answer so far! Here are a few more questions Darth_Dreadwar

6. What appeals to you about the Sith? Who is your favorite Sith Lord of all time?
    7. What subject/subjects are you studying?
    8. What is your favorite place to hang out in London?
    9. What is your favorite SW book and why?
    10. What is your favorite non SW book?

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010

Thank you! Great questions ;)

6. I'd say what appeals to me about the Sith is the fact I'd know I'd be one if I were in the GFFA. No, not for some mindless crusade of evil, but instead for the power, the power to do good. As a transhumanist in RL, life extension, immortality and future utopia are concepts near and dear to me. In my personal, Plagueis-like interpretation of canon, the Sith, with their goals of immortality, have come the furthest in their transhumanist efforts, from the technique of essence transfer to biological immortality. I believe the dreams of some of the more ambitious Sith such as the Sith Emperor or Exar Kun, that of godhood, is not necessarily a bad thing, for while I see the Jedi as complacent, all too happy to accept the suffering and evil pervading the galaxy, the Sith, from the very first Dark Jedi, have been obsessed with mastering life, improving life and extending life. To me this is the ultimate moral goal, in line with things like cryonics or stem cell research nowadays, and utilitarian efforts to realise universal immortality justify practically all the supposed evils the Sith have brought upon the galaxy (although the degree to which the Sith are more evil is questionable, when one considers most of their worst atrocities have been in wartime, when even the Republic have stooped to the degree of attempted genocide against the entire, arguably mostly innocent Sith species). However harsh, the ends-justifies-the-means approach of certain Sith (certainly not brutal warmongers like Malak, but Sith alchemists like the first Sith Lords or Plagueis) to me is far ethically superior to the unscientific "There is no death, there is the Force" dogma of the Jedi.

As such, I must say my favourite Sith Lord is Darth Andeddu. A pioneer of techniques to achieve eternal life, Andeddu was a scholar above all else; he had no interest in conquering the galaxy FOR THE EVULZ, but instead in mastering the greatest scientific mystery of the GFFA - the Force - and I share his dream of eternal life.

7. I'm just finishing A-level exams in English Literature, History, Geography and Maths. I'm now beginning a gap year where, starting September, I'll be working as an intern at Rothschild, and I'll be studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Balliol Callege, University of Oxford starting next year.

8. I'd have to say Angel. Angel has so many great, classy pubs with a nice Old School Indie night at the O2 Academy, and is a perfect mix of the crazy liveliness of Camden and more relaxed, 'posh' areas like Chelsea.

9. If I have to choose a novel, I'd say Darth Plagueis, for reasons to do with question 6, but also for its brilliant detail in explaining the gritty corporate affairs of the GFFA - the Sith Grand Plan no longer seemed like some vague evil plot, but rather a fleshed out, realistic effort. I prefer the Tales of the Jedi comics, though, because ancient Sith.

10. I'll cheat and name the Culture series by Iain Banks. That's, roughly, the kind of utopia I'd like to see humanity achieve in the next couple thousand years or so. That's roughly the kind of utopia I'd strive for if I were a Sith Lord.

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    11. What 3 planets would you most like to visit it the GFFA?
    12. What 3 cities/countries would you like to visit here most on earth?
    13. What is your favorite scene in a SW moive (episode I - VI)?
    14. What occupation do you seek when your studies are complete?
    15. If you cracked the code to immortatlity would you use it? And what would you do with all that time if you did?

These are my final questions for Darth_Dreadwar once he answers the floor is open for all others to ask :)

25. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    11. Korriban, Coruscant and Kashyyyk.
    12. Seoul and Tokyo stand out as cities. Would love to explore the safari of Kenya too.
    13. I'd say the 'torture' scene with the Emperor and Luke, and the former's death, although the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise is a close second.
    14. I'm hoping to become a politician, actually!
    15. My views on death are pretty much summed up by the titular character of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality:

See, there's this little thing called cognitive dissonance, or in plainer English, sour grapes. If people were hit on the heads with truncheons once a month, and no one could do anything about it, pretty soon there'd be all sorts of philosophers, pretending to be wise as you put it, who found all sorts of amazing benefits to being hit on the head with a truncheon once a month. Like, it makes you tougher, or it makes you happier on the days when you're not getting hit with a truncheon. But if you went up to someone who wasn't getting hit, and you asked them if they wanted to start, in exchange for those amazing benefits, they'd say no. And if you didn't have to die, if you came from somewhere that no one had ever even heard of death, and I suggested to you that it would be an amazing wonderful great idea for people to get wrinkled and old and eventually cease to exist, why, you'd have me hauled right off to a lunatic asylum! So why would anyone possibly think any thought so silly as that death is a good thing? Because you're afraid of it, because you don'treally want to die, and that thought hurts so much inside you that you have to rationalise it away, do something to numb the pain, so you won't have to think about it...

And with immortality... I would pour into every academic interest I possess, be a politician, sure, but also be a palaeontologist, an actor, a video game designer, travel the entire globe, learn every language, immerse myself in the amazing virtual realities of the future (perhaps a Star Wars one), go to space, colonise space, be around for First Contact, be around for the technological singularity and hopefully emerge a transhuman at the other end and that's just not even scratching the surface of what I can imagine, let alone what I can't imagine, which would be so much more than what I can because once transhumans are intellectually beyond humans to the same extent we are beyond chimps all bets are off...

Runjedirun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.