main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What comics do you read?
    These days mostly Star Wars. Most recent comic I read, though was "Assimilation2" a Star Trek / Doctor Who crossover comic. I'm not much of an 11th Doctor fan, but the idea of the Borg and the Cybermen teaming up is too good to pass up!

Who is best dressed in SW?
    I'd have to say Bail Organa. I'm not a Fashion guy, but I've gotta say, he really does look very put together... even when he's running from Clone Troopers.

Favourite non-human species and why?
    The first thing that comes to mind is the Neti, and specificially Ood Bnar. Not canon, now, but I always liked the idea of a force-sensitive, sentient tree. Just think about this. You're walking through the Jedi temple atrium talking to a fellow padawan and pass a tree. You sit down under it to have a conversation about how hard Master Obi-Wan's class is when, suddenly, Master Bnar (the tree) walks away grumbling about how ungrateful padawans today are.

Favourite SW culture?
    From my previous answers, you can probably see this coming: the Yuuzhan Vong. I'm obviously computer savvy and comfortable with technology. However consider your life without tech. How would we make due? What if we could train an animal to create an artificial gravity well to propel our ships? Or a living snake to become stiff as a staff at our command?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?
    Luke and Mara should have taken a lot less of an active role in the Jedi. He was 60-some years old when the Abeloth series happened. I know he was in exile, but imagine your grandfather running off to lead a raid on someplace. I'm almost 50 now, but I wouldn't lead the raid. Maybe participate in planning it, but not lead. Luke, especially, needed to learn how to delegate responsibility. He took the blame for Caedus because of that. It's right that he was exiled, IMO, because he could not learn to let go and let others lead. You see what happened when he suddenly wasn't there. They had a power struggle and a well respected Master died because of it.

What would you want to see more of in SW?
    More cowbell! Wait, no… More Jar Jar! Wait, no…

*Points toward TFA* Really. I think TFA is one of the best Star Wars movies out there. No offense to GL. He had a vision that created a whole new galaxy! I have great respect for the man. I do believe, though, that he underestimated our kids. He felt the movies needed some cute, funny character to entertain the kids. A cuddly teddy bear or a goofy jester to keep them entertained. Granted, Episode I would have had our kids yawning from all the bureaucracy, but maybe it shouldn’t have been made in the first place. Summarize in the opening crawl and then go into Episode II. That’s the concept behind the Machete Order. I haven’t tried that, yet, but knowing what I know about the series, it makes sense.

My wife and I took my kids to the new movie on New Year’s Day. Both of them were wrapped in attention. I also watched it with my oldest on Saturday night. He did ask me some questions (quietly) and (thanks to TF.N and the book) I was able to answer them. The book could have been better, though. I read the books to get more backstory. The “Phantom Menace” stuff, if you will. I’m glad there’s going to be more Aftermath novels, because the Force Awakens novel needed a lot more backstory. Really, I think this is the best balance - the movies are the visual representation, the eye candy. The books are the backstory. Give us Tom Clancy where you can flip two or three pages to skip too much detail and get back to the story! (yeah, just kidding on that last point)

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to se implanted into Star Wars?

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?

3. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Good questions Gamiel!
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    As was stated previously, I have always been a fan of world-changing novels. How about we use Animal Farm for the Empire? The “beasts” that the Empire has been suppressing all along suddenly stand up and take over, booting the humans out. Then one of the races that does that takes over and oppresses the rest! “All Wookiees are created equal, but some Wookies are more equal than others!”

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I thought all of them had been so far. We see Eastern cultures in the Jedi. Western in the Republic. Opec and middle eastern in the Banking Clans and others. I think if we were to have any culture that hasn’t been represented, perhaps a book about slavery. Perhaps the one above could be the uprising of the Wookiee slaves.

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?
    I’m a big fan of Doctor Who, so I would love to see some crossover from that. Perhaps, similar to the Star Trek / Doctor Who crossover we could have the Ssi-Ruuk and the Daleks team up. Their love of enteching others seems to be a similarity. Although, I’d say that Davros was more successful that the Ssi-Ruuvi were at that. The Dalek we see in Doctor Who don’t seem to be in pain. They don’t seem to feel anything, at all, which enables them to do what they do very efficiently.

What now Legend non-Jedi, non-Sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?
    By “Force tradition,” I assume you mean a Force power that is non-aligned that we haven’t seen in the movies, yet. I did read the comic way back when with the cloned Palpatine. I’d really like to see that happen. Immortality by transferring your consciousness into a new clone. That being said, if that was possible, I’d assume that ol’ Prune Face would have just transferred his consciousness as soon as Mace Windu zapped him.

Darth Dreadwar and Gamiel like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I actually meant groups like the witches of Dathomir, Wardens of the Sky, Matukai, Tyia, Zeison Sha, the ecological priests of Ithor, Findsmen, Shapers of Kro Var, Fallanassi and the Ysanna of Ossus, among others.

5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahhh... I thought the witches were now canon. They were in the Clone Wars and mentioned in the Quinlan Vos novel: Dark Desciple.

I'm not familiar with most of those. I recognize a few of the names, but not well enough to have a preference. I would love to see a Sith spin-off that does not follow rule of two. I'm thinking of the One Sith or the Lost Tribe of the Sith.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I only think the Nightsisters aspect of the witches of Dathomir have been used in the new canon

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?

Is there any kind of bio-tech that you the Vong did not have that you would have liked them to use?

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?
    I saw a quote once by JJ Abrams once. Something to the effect that he wanted space to “appear used.” I think TFA definitely did that. The costumes were very utilitarian. Again, nothing against GL, but I don’t think Leia’s white costume in A New Hope would stay white very long if she actually did what she did in it!

Is there any kind of bio-tech that you the Vong did not have that you would have liked them to use?
    What? And make them more deadly? I think a fungus that melted any kind of inorganic material (metal) on contact would have been useful. The Jedi / Republic couldn't get anywhere near them! And those YVH series droids? They’d find themselves becoming a puddle of melted goo.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To continue with the clothing questions: what kind of clothes/fashion would you like to see used as inspiration by the creators of the next movie?

Space clothes my friend, high quality space clothes that never stay dirty ;)

It did not need to be a weapon. What about the vong version of a food mixer :p

B.t.w. if you liked the vong's bio-tech do I recommend taking a look at Brandon Graham & Simon Roy's Prophet comic and James Stokoe's Orc Stain

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is nobody else going to ask questions?

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    To continue with the clothing questions: what kind of clothes/fashion would you like to see used as inspiration by the creators of the next movie?
    I think if I were to change anything in the wardrobe area, I would have to change the Stormtroopers. I know the reason for the helmets (lots and lots of extras so that that they can hide faces). I also understand the "in universe" explanation (they're based on the Mandalorian helmets and have heads-up displays). You will never know how funny it was to see a bunch of Stormtroopers try to negotiate steps when I was an extra in a fan film! They all stopped, looked straight down and then very carefully took each step down to arrest us "Senators." Quite the opposite of frightening! I would want to remove their faceplates, perhaps make them more like the modern Army helmets.

I do like how there's a real utility on most of the characters wardrobe. It may be interesting to see some of them go more formal, perhaps a peace negotiation meeting.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What non-Star Wars species would you like to se implanted into Star Wars?

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Gamiel, you probably have a better line on that than I do. :) I'd like to see how the Jedi can do against a Dalek empire.

What species do you think should visit the GFFA?

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  14. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    So many Doctor Who concepts would work well in the GFFA, I think. I'd love to see Weeping Angels as some possessed statues on Korriban.

Let's save that question for @Gamiel's re-interview. ;)

Thank you very much DarthIshyZ, for your detailed answers! Great to talk to you!

Alright, let's have our next interviewee. Davak24, I believe. You're up!

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What was your The Force Awakens experience? Good audience? Thoughts?
    4. What movie concession is your favourite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

When my fifteen interview questions are answered, the floor is open for other users to pick Davak's brain.

Davak24, Gamiel and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    1. What brought you to the EUC?
    I was a new user exploring the site and as well as a huge EU fan looking to discuss its greatness with other fans.

2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    In the early 2000's, when I was about 7 or so, and I was hooked after I watched ANH with my folks. I was totally blown away by it and have been a fan ever since.

3. What was your The Force Awakens experience? Good audience? Thoughts?
    It was fantastic. I saw it four times and I've put it in my top 3 favorite SW movies. The audience loved it every time I visited the theater. My thoughts are that I hope the sequels live up to the greatness of the movie.

4. What movie concession is your favourite?
    Popcorn. Coke is in second place.

5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?
    Working on my education and future along with just enjoying life one day at a time.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, next five questions Davak24!

1. Who is your favourite Star Wars character, and why?
    2. What's your favourite EU work, and why?
    3. If you could travel to any one place, fictional or otherwise, what would it be?
    4. What academic subject(s) do you read/study, then, and why are you interested in them?
    5. What would you like to see happen in future installments in the sequel trilogy?

Davak24 likes this.
  17. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    1. Who is your favourite Star Wars character, and why?
    A very tough call, but I have to go with Anakin Skywalker. I found his journey from an innocent boy in slavery to The Dark of the Sith to be the most compelling story in the saga (so far). I personally thought HC gave a fantastic performance as Anakin, and I hope to see him return to the franchise in some way, one day.

2. What's your favourite EU work, and why?
    Another tough call, but I'm going with Knights of the Old Republic (the game). I found the game to be almost on par with the movies with its incredible storyline and characters. I still replay it a few times a year, and I hope Disney does some kind of revival for it.

3. If you could travel to any one place, fictional or otherwise, what would it be?
    I'd say Coruscant. I could be there for a lifetime, and still would not be able to explore all of it.

4. What academic subject(s) do you read/study, then, and why are you interested in them?
    I finished a writing course last year, and I'm currently in a music class as well, however, my main subjects are learning how to manage operations like hotels.

5. What would you like to see happen in future installments in the sequel trilogy?
    I would like some backstory information for Rey and the other new characters. I would also like to see some PT planets like Naboo and Kamino show up. My final wish is to see the return of the force ghosts (Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda.)

DarthIshyZ, Gamiel and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  18. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, last five questions for Davak24! When these questions are answered, the floor is open to everyone else to ask questions.

1. What kind of revival would you like to see Disney do with Knights of the Republic?
    2. What inspires you to write?
    3. What's your favourite word, and why?
    4. What books outside of Star Wars do you like to read?
    5. If you could change something in canon (old or new), what would it be and why?

Davak24 likes this.
  19. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    1. What kind of revival would you like to see Disney do with Knights of the Republic?
    I'd say re-release the both games with updated graphics, and fix the problems with KOTOR 2 such as its bugs and glitches and restore the content that was cut from the game (like the HK factory, etc.).
    2. What inspires you to write?
    A lot of ways like to able to express how you feel about something or write things for fun like fanons. I also think writing is a great way to communicate, and sometimes its the only way to communicate (like for this site).
    3. What's your favourite word, and why?
    Hmmm. Tough call. I'd say money. It is after all, what we all need to survive. :p
    4. What books outside of Star Wars do you like to read?
    My favorite books to read outside of Star Wars would be The Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien. The books (and the movies) are one of my favorite franchises' outside Star Wars.
    5. If you could change something in canon (old or new), what would it be and why?
    I'd get rid of the Revan book that, IMO, completely wrecks Revan and The Exile. They both deserved better fates than that, and I would give them that with a proper KOTOR 3 that sees the return of them, and all the companions from both KOTOR games for one last big epic adventure to save the Galaxy.

Gamiel and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?

Davak24 likes this.
  21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    What comics do you read?
    Mostly Star Wars related. My favorites of the old canon was Republic. I haven't really read any of the new canon ones (yet).

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Favourite SW culture?

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Tell me why you chose that avatar and username?

24. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Clearly Zam. She obviously put a lot of detail in her outfit to stand out.

I like the Trandoshans, because of how they mostly become bounty hunters, and I find their voices cool.

Favourite SW culture?
    I'd say The Jedi. I like how they fight for peace and justice for the Galaxy.

Same thing I told Darth Dreadwar. Although, I'd like Obsidian to make the games. I feel they actually care more about the KOTOR franchise than Bioware/EA.

I'd like some information on Rey's (and every other new characters') backstory. I also like for the NEU to produce some good quality on par with the movies level material.

"Tell me why you chose that avatar and username?"
    I chose this avatar, because I like Zam a lot, and feel she's one of the truly underrated characters in the SW Galaxy that doesn't get enough love, like, IMO, overrated characters like Darth Maul. And I chose this username, because I am huge fan of KOTOR, and I found The Exchange in the game, to be very interesting (especially their leader). Which is why I chose this username.

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Zam being a shapeshifter, something I've always wondered. Do shapeshifters wear clothes?

What is your least favorite word?

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

What turns you off?

What is your favorite curse word?

What sound or noise do you love?

What sound or noise do you hate?

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

What profession would you not like to do?

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.