main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Zam being a shapeshifter, something I've always wondered. Do shapeshifters wear clothes?
    I think it depends, but don't quote me on that.

What is your least favorite word?
    Debt. Something I hope to never experience.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Good entertainment (like Star Wars).

What turns you off?
    Being talked down too is a big one.

What is your favorite curse word?
    ***t. Describes any situation gone wrong perfectly.

What sound or noise do you love?
    Lightsabers.

What sound or noise do you hate?
    Annoying voices.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    Maybe book keeping. lol.

What profession would you not like to do?
    Not sure.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    "Welcome."

I'll be back later tonight to answer @Gamiel's other questions.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  3. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    What did you think of the clothes/fashion we saw in TFA?
    I liked it a lot. Everything thing from Phasma's cape to Sidon Ithano's helmet looked great.

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Hmmm. I would like to see the new characters work closely together like a team (The Avengers, X-Men etc.).

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I would like to see more inspiration from real life things (like how Tatooine was inspired by deserts in our world).

What non-Star Wars species would you like to see implanted into Star Wars?
    The Frostgiants from the Thor movies.

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU?
    I would like to learn more about The Bounty Hunters guild.

Mitth_Fisto and Gamiel like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you think of that Knights of the Old Republic II more or less just took Zam's armour and used it for one of the armour you could get in the game, while calling it Zeison Sha armour?
    Any specific real life thing (current or historical) that you would like see used as an inspiration?

I actually meant groups like the witches of Dathomir, Wardens of the Sky, Matukai, Tyia, Zeison Sha, the ecological priests of Ithor, Findsmen, Shapers of Kro Var, Fallanassi and the Ysanna of Ossus, among others.

5. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    What do you think of that Knights of the Old Republic II more or less just took Zam's armour and used it for one of the armour you could get in the game, while calling it Zeison Sha armour?
    Hmmm. I actually hadn't noticed that until now, but to answer your question, I like it, because it shows how the EU took inspiration from the movies along with making nods to them.

"Any specific real life thing (current or historical) that you would like see used as an inspiration?
    I think Mount Everest looks like it would serve as a good source of inspiration for telling future Star Wars stories.

"I actually meant groups like the witches of Dathomir, Wardens of the Sky, Matukai, Tyia, Zeison Sha, the ecological priests of Ithor, Findsmen, Shapers of Kro Var, Fallanassi and the Ysanna of Ossus, among others."
    Oh I see. My apologies. In that case, I'd say the Ysanna of Ossus. They would be a welcome addition if Luke can save The Jedi Order once more.

Darth Dreadwar and Gamiel like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What non-Star Wars species would you like to se implanted into Star Wars?

7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I think you already asked this. But to answer it again, I'd like to see the Frostgiants from the Thor movies implanted into Star Wars.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Pic an Star wars culture/species and now pic an architectural style you think would fit them
    No that was fictional culture.

9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Pic an Star wars culture/species and now pic an architectural style you think would fit them
    The Tusken Raiders and placed in the deserts of Egypt, I think, would fit them very well.

"No that was fictional culture."

Understood. Sorry about that.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You said that you would like to learn more about The Bounty Hunters guild, any special thing or group in the Guild you would like to see explored?

11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    You said that you would like to learn more about The Bounty Hunters guild, any special thing or group in the Guild you would like to see explored?
    I would like to learn more about their code of honor. I think Vossk in KOTOR 2 mentioned they once had a code of honor until they started caring more about credits than their honor.

Mitth_Fisto and Gamiel like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Pic an Star wars culture/species and now pic one (or more) clothing style/s you think would fit them
    To me the Ancestral Puebloans feel more fitting for the Tusken Raiders but to each her own.

No problems :)

Davak24 likes this.
  13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Pic an Star wars culture/species and now pic one (or more) clothing style/s you think would fit them
    I'd like to give the Jedi (or the Sith) the Zeison Sha armor (Zam's armor) because whenever I play KOTOR 2, I give my exile that armor and he/she looks great in it.

"To me the Ancestral Puebloans feel more fitting for the Tusken Raiders but to each her own."
    I'm actually a he.:p

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What other SciFi or fantasy franchises (movie or TV) do you like?

15. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    "What other SciFi or fantasy franchises (movie or TV) do you like?"
    Marvel movies, DC movies, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, and Sherlock, to name a few.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I love Sherlock too!

Thank you very much Davak24 for the detailed answers. It was a pleasure talking to you!

New week, new interviewee. Please welcome Admiral Volshe to the thread!

Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan; how old were you; what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see in the Star Wars spin-off films?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

Admiral Volshe and Davak24 like this.
  17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Who is your favorite Batman?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hi everyone!!

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    The BMC patrons who stopped by the SWC and dragged me back here.

2. When did you become a Star Wars fan; how old were you; what hooked you?
    I was four, so I didn't really have a hook. I think what interests me most is all the lore and the breadth of the universe - it's made of so many different aspects, so you can really get into it. Whether you like superheroes, politics, ancient history, or you have a city life, rural life, glamorous job or not, there's a person to relate to somewhere. Plus lightsabers and superweapons and the Force are all cool.

3. What are you hoping to see in the Star Wars spin-off films?
    The Empire. Lots of it.

4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    Depends. Junior Mints or sour Skittles, I suppose.

5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?
    What time I'm not logged into TFN? :p
    I write, play piano, sing, study medicine & microbiology, do some art, read, and game.

The JL animated series Batman.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider the best dressed male in SW?

Who do you consider the best dressed female in SW?

20. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Next five questions for Admiral Volshe.

Gamiel 's questions can be answered after the floor is opened. ;)

6. Who is your favourite Star Wars character, and why?
    7. What's your favourite EU work, and why?
    8. If you could travel to any one place, fictional or otherwise, what would it be?
    9. What drew you to medicine & microbiology?
    10. What drew you to the Empire? What do you like about it, and why?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Dreadwar, you look different. Did you do something with your hair?

22. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    [face_laugh] I blew up my body with a Sith ritual. I just couldn't abide going to the barber's - so awkward to make small talk - so, disembodiment into an ancient shadow spirit seemed like the natural way to go. *shrugs* :p

23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Dreadwar

6. Who is your favourite Star Wars character, and why?
    Firmus Piett! I like him because he is more than just an Imperial lackey, it's easy to imagine him with a vast personality and life beyond the films. He has little quirks and mannerisms that are great! Plus he's an admiral, he's smart, and he's not obnoxious - seems rather respectful. Ken Colley did such a great job of portraying him as a complex and relatable character given the miniscule amount of time he had.

7. What's your favourite EU work, and why?
    My favourite EU work? Knight Errant, the novel specifically. The plot is solid, the writing is great, and the characters are awesome. Plus there are Celegians, warring Sith (Daiman is great), and Bothans, all set in the Before era. (Which is my favourite.)

8. If you could travel to any one place, fictional or otherwise, what would it be?
    Fictional places, definitely. Either Gallifrey or Sovngarde. One has an eternity's worth of knowledge of time (and all the multiverses), one is just an eternity of being with friends and having a grand time (without pain or illness).

9. What drew you to medicine & microbiology?
    I was about 3 or 4 when I decided I liked medicine, so I cannot tell you what exactly drew me to it. I know I was pulled even closer by various fictional characters, but mostly Dr. Fraiser from Stargate SG-1. I was about 8 when I really got into her story. I had family in the military and wanted to be like her. Microbiology came later, when I realised that I had a huge interest in the microscopic processes of life and infection, as well as immunology. My specific interests (here we go :p ) are viral and bacterial vectors in oncology, emergency/trauma, biogerontology, and infectious disease.

10. What drew you to the Empire? What do you like about it, and why?
    I never saw the Empire as evil, for some strange reason. I always had a headcanon from when I first saw TESB, when I was merely 4. It's stuck ever since. My theories have evolved, but I still hold the same pro-Empire position.
    Besides that, I like the uniforms, many of the personnel, and the ships (fleet junkie!).

24. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Alright, last five questions for Admiral Volshe, then the floor is open to others to pick her brain!

11. If you could spend a day in the GFFA, what characters would you want to meet, what would you want to do, what time period would you visit and what planet would you chose?
    12. What three countries or cities would you like to visit most in RL?
    13. What is your dream job?
    14. What is your favourite non SW book?
    15. What is your favourite ship in SW, and why?

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Is Admiral Volshe not on here any more? I tried tagging her and it didn't come up with her name as a suggestion. Darth Dreadwar, do you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.