main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    It was pretty good, worth a read.

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I have never read it...

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Never read it? Which?

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Courtship.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Read it, that's an order!,, hang on, we've had this discussion!

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yep lol. Thats where the idea came from...you!

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Chewbacca, Chewbacca, Chewbacca [face_shame_on_you]

Read it so you know what you are having her read as her introduction isn't a flop book. After all, for all you know you could be unleashing the horror of something like Clone Wars: Wild Space where Yoda forgets to speak like Yoda, Force Unleashed which could be more aptly named What if we could cheat code the Force?, or Darksaber with a Hutt making a death star on a ridiculous cheap budget. These are books that you can read as fun or light but not unless you have developed a light humor of the fandom you are here for. Best start her on something you know is good, like the Thrawn trilogy, duologies, or short stories. (Can you tell I like Thrawn second to Jedi? Is it being that threads senator that gave it away :p )

Listen to your Master though, read it ;)

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I'm addicted to Thrawn as well. Was considering having her read Heir, but not sure.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I have to ask now that we have brough up sharing stuff with your wife. . .Have you shown here the two Ewok live actors movies?

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Mekaila walks up to Mitthy with a small smile on her face. "Those bugs were tasty. Do you have any suggestions?"

Kasha watches Hochner with a frown and shakes her head. Her daughter seemed interested in eating more bugs. They can't be that good, she thought with a frown. She waited silently to see how Hochner reacted.

Chewie it really is worth a read ;)

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I have not actually. I have them on the laptop, but havent gotten around to watching them. I havent heard great things.:p

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Growing up I watched those movies, Caravan of Courage may be so-so, but Battle for Endor always got my vote. Even with the dubious nature of Dathomiri Force using womans ability to shape shift.

*Hochner kneels down and pulls out a snack from a pouch* Here, twist off and eat the heads only. They will taste similar to a human fruit candy. *With a curled trunk displaying his races expression of a smile he waited for the children to enjoy*

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Maybe we will watch one tomorrow then.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Even with the one being so-so, it is best to watch them in order with Caravan of Courage first. Otherwise it takes some of the emotional heart string pulls out of the second movie since you wouldn't have the background ;) At least for a first time viewing.

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    ah ok. thanks for the tip.

16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I saw the Ewoks back in their day, but not this century. ;)

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Never seen them, nor do I have them :p

18. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Not only did I watch them but I also had the playsets and books :D

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    And that is why you are the Grand Master CPL ;)

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Here is the latest addition to Mac's GoL Sketch Gallary...

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Kasha Sherland.

21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Completed my second task today...sharing:

For the Second Pillar, Knowledge, I would like for you to tell me what a Jedi Enclave is and for you to write a short essay on one specific one.

A Jedi Enclave is a faction of Jedi set up away from the main headquarters of the order. These Jedi may develop their own schools and their own leadership factions but they still report to the Jedi High Council.

One of the most fascinating Jedi Enclaves was built on Yavin IV. In order to stop Exar Kun a former Jedi apprentice, turned dark. The Jedi created a wall of light. The wall of light was successful in trapping Kun's spirit. Unfortunately the wall of light also ignited the jungles on Yavin IV and destroyed the moon's ecosystem.
    The Jedi order felt it was their responsibility to restore Yavin IV. They were able to create an underground station that returned the moon's climate to it's previous state. Before the destruction Yavin IV had a warm climate and supported many jungles. After the fires brought on by the wall of light the moon had become barren and cold. The climate was slowly brought back to it's original state when the Jedi drilled to the core of the moon and released steam. The steam returned warmth to the moon when it reached the atmosphere. With the aid seeding the jungles began to grow again.
    Once the Jedi had completed their task they created an underground city in the shafts that had originally been used to bring steam to the surface. There were two reasons for maintaining the city. One was to ensure the ecosystem on Yavin IV remained stable and the other was to watch over the spirit of Exar Kun and make sure it was contained. At some point the city was abandoned and left to the upkeep of droids. Over time it became known as the Lost City.

Is the Lost City of the Jedi still in existence?

There may be ruins left, but the main computer was destroyed by blaster fire and the city crumbled. This happened because it was necessary to keep sacred information out of the hands of a false prophet.

Would you consider the Temple of Light (the Guardians of Light's Temple) an Enclave?

Yes.

Unfortunately we are not an Enclave. We are a Sect of the New Jedi Order having split from them in 100 ABY over the issue of the Ossus Project and Vong terraforming of devastated planets. The founding members of the Guardians did not agree with Jedi Master Kol Skywalker's plans and instead of causing descent in the Order, they left and went into hiding on the uncharted world of Saridona Prime.

Chewbacca89 and CPL_Macja like this.
  22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    My first attempt at coloring one of my pencil sketches...

[​IMG]

23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Looks awesome. Love the scar.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I like the color choice. ;)

[​IMG]

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I saved the picture of Kasha on my harddrive. Thanks CPL :)

26. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.