main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
  3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Usually I'm just dropping them today I'm disarming them :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Reminds me of Frank Florey (Master at my school) wh'd lost his forearm to an accident with a 'Sticky Bomb' in WW2. He allegedly used to wave what remained at his classes and began his next sentence with "To be disarmingly Frank!" . (True story, as told to me, anyway!)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That's awesomely gruesome Tim. BTW I'll respond to your pm tonight once I get home.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, Grand Master! I didn't have him in any of my classes, but his House (he was a Housemaster) seemed to think the world of him, and he was always very pleasant when we met in the cloisters. Probably his way of breaking the ice and saving kids embarrassment or awkwardness!

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Blargh, get an update as soon as my friends and I start our first instance in TERA. Blaaaarrrrgh.

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    The Exiled Realm of Arborea? It does not hold a candle to the awesomeness that is The Shadow Wars - Times End ;)

9. BlueHeron

BlueHeron Jedi Master star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    True story. Oh and I just posted. :D

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah but I'm the healer in our party so they won't take too kindly to me bailing >.>

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Understandable ;)

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    So is the voice gonna lead us to one of the doors or we just gonna have to open them one-by-one? :p

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That is for you two to decide ;)

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    And I suppose the silly barrier is gonna block form taking a look inside without opening the doors? :p

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
  16. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I blame the lateness of this task on this election. :p Describing the lightsabre forms, up to Form V...

Form I: Shii-Cho aka The Way of the Sarlacc, The Determination Form
    Shii-Cho utilises 6 target zones on a humanoid opponent’s body and involves very simple movements. Every mention of a body part from here on can be assumed to be referencing a humanoid’s structure. These six target zones – Head, left arm, right arm, back (and possibly the chest), left leg, and right leg – were adopted in later forms. Each region has a typical attack and parry: the first zone, the head, is attacked by a simple overhand blow, designed to bisect the target’s head, and can be parried by a horizontal high guard. Zones two and three, both arms, are attacked through horizontal cuts or side-swipes, which can be parried in two ways, by holding the lightsabre at waist-height with the blade up, or by holding the lightsabre at head-height with the blade down, a drop-parry. The fourth zone attacks would primarily involve side-swipes or impalements, and would be parried by holding the lightsabre in both hands up and over the head until the blade is pointing downwards. The fifth and sixth zones would involve attacks similar to zones two and three, simply lower, and would have to be parried by a drop-parry, by holding the lightsabre at waist-height with the blade down. Two of the named techniques of Shii-Cho were the Disarming Slash, which was to simply rip the other’s weapon out of their hands by striking at the weapon or applying great force, and the Sarlacc Sweep, an attack that extended Shii-Cho’s primary attack of a horizontal slash by attacking many enemies.

Form II: Makashi, aka The Way of the Ysalamiri, The Contention Form
    Makashi was developed for lightsabre-to-lightsabre combat. The style keeps the basics of Shii-Cho but creates a more elegant form. The movements primarily stay in a single line with the practitioner shuffling or stepping forwards or backwards and not utilising many acrobatic movements as in other forms. The motions are precise in order to combat Shii-Cho’s broad, simple movements. Makashi opens with the lightsabre held in one hand, extended out from the body and pointed down, in a low guard. For the salute, the blade is vertical in front of the practitioner’s face, still single-handed. This is often followed by a Makashi Flourish, which involves swinging the blade in an ‘X’ shape in the air. Two of the named techniques of Makashi were the Contentious Opportunity, which involved striking at a discovered weakness in the opponent’s defense, and the Makashi Riposte, which was similar in that it changed the angle of the opponent’s attack and exploited that change and weakness with a quick retaliation.

Form III: Soresu, aka The Way of the Mynock, The Resilience Form
    Soresu was developed to combat the growing use of blasters as weapons, and was an expansion of basic deflection training. Soresu’s focus was on defense and outlasting an opponent, and then taking advantage of any mistakes the opponent made. However, Soresu lacks a good offense. Two named techniques of Soresu are the Circle of Shelter, a moving meditation that relies on the Force to deflect as many as 20 shooters, and the Deflecting Slash, a move that redirects the momentum from deflecting a shot into a slashing attack at an adjacent opponent

Form IV: Ataru, aka The Way of the Hawk-Bat, The Aggression Form
    Ataru is an aggressive, fast-paced style effecting primarily against single opponents in short duels and open spaces, and weaker against blasters. Ataru’s notable characteristics are Force-assisted acrobatics and powerful attacks from multiple directions. Two named techniques of Ataru are the Hawk-Bat Swoop, a quick attack that struck their opponent before they could react, and the Sabre Swarm, multiple short strikes to force the opponent onto the defensive.

Form V: Shien/Djem So, aka The Way of the Krayt Dragon, The Perseverance Form
    Shien/Djem So is a powerful style that strongly uses the counter-attack, and then focuses on pressing the assault. Shien’s primary use is in deflecting blaster bolts, and Djem So for lightsabre combat. While the focus on domination of the opponent is reminiscent of the dark side, many Jedi still use this form. This form has four named techniques: Barrier of Blades, which defends the practitioner from blaster bolts, Shien Deflection, involving the simultaneous deflection of a blaster and leaping toward an opponent, Falling Avalanche, an overhand blow that would hit with extraordinary force, and the Fluid Riposte, a fluid transition from parry to counter-attack.

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Tasks for the Jedi Master rank

Forms Six and Seven

Form Six Niman

Form Six is a combination of forms one through five. The blade is relaxed and this form is more often used by Jedi Consular’s. Jedi who were more for keeping peace and studying, the form was more effective against criminals and thugs then used to defend themselves on the open battlefield. It was more widely used at the beginning of the Clone Wars.

To compensate for the weaker points of Niman due to the blade being relaxed, each Jedi who trained were encouraged to incorporate the Force into their fighting style.

Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano trained in Niman. Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma also used Niman.

Form Seven Juyo / Vaapad

Form seven is the most dangerous of all the lightsaber forms. Only a Jedi Master or a senior Jedi can study the form and had to be aware of the risks and dangers of using Juyo or Vaapad. A Master would give into their emotions fully and walk a fine line between light and dark. Mace Windu used Form seven against Palpatine when the other council members were cute down. He redirected the lightning back to Palpatine as an example of Vaapad.

Juyo was nick named Vornskr, which indicates just how ferocious Juyo was. A Jedi had to be aware of the dangers and fully understand what they were getting into or they risked losing themselves to the dark side of the Force.

Mace Windu perfected Vaapad a slight alternative to Juyo. It was a way for edi Sora Bulq to compensate for his own weakness, to channel all of his darkness into something positive. No Jedi Master was allowed to study Form VII unless they had permission from Mace to do so.

Mace was successful in learning this form, but he had to acknowledge the power and dismiss the feelings it brought. It’s dangerous for a padawan learner or even someone who was just knighted to learn Vaapad.

The individual has to be familiar with forms one through six before even attempting form seven. It’s very demanding to learn this form.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was denied in learning Vaapad from Qui-Gon.

Mace Windu, edi Sora Bulq, and Depa Billaba were Form seven masters.

CPL_Macja
    BultarSwan

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, I can safely say I probably won't have to do a lightsaber related task when I go for Mastership. Since I already did such an in-depth thing with the Manual and Form II/V :p

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    How perfect to have both a padawan and a knight post lightsaber form tasks in precise order ;)

20. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Just popping in to say hello! Making sure everyone is still alive. :)

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Task number Two

Know your enemy

Name: Anakin Skywalker/Lord Vader
    -Homeworld: Tatooine
    -Master/Apprentice:
    Jedi Masters:

Qui-Gon Jinn (Informal Jedi Master)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Main master)
    Ki-Adi-Mundi (temporary master)

Sith Master

Palpatine/Lord Sidious

Lightside apprentice:

Ahsoka Tano,

dark side apprentices:

Antinnis Tremayne (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Halmere (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Lanu Pasiq (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Gwellib Ap-Llewff (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Galen Marek (Secret Sith apprentice)
    Dark Apprentice (Secret Sith apprentice)
    Kharys (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Vost Tyne (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Hethrir (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Rillao (Dark Jedi apprentice)
    Lumiya (Secret Sith apprentice)
    Flint (Secret Sith apprentice)

-Reason for their fall: Anakin Skywalker let his attachment and fears of loss for his wife and unborn children get in the way of what must be done. It gave Palpatine the advantage over Anakin to bring him to the dark side of the Force.

Palpatine promised Anakin if he gave himself to the dark side he would teach Anakin on how to prevent Padme from dying in his dreams. He trusted and followed Palpatine blindly believing this was the only way to save his wife form death.

-Who defeated him/her: Luke Skywalker defeated his father in lightsaber combat and refused to give himself to the dark side and take his fathers place by Palpatine’s side.

-Could they have been redeemed; why or why not? Yes, in the end Anakin Skywalker was redeemed by the love of his son. With his dying breath he admitted to Luke that Luke had saved him from his own darkness. Luke saw a piece of Anakin Skywalker still left and reached out to that part of his father breaking Anakin out of the darkness of his soul.

-Name: Exar Kun
    -Homeworld: unknown
    -Master/Apprentice:

Masters:

Vodo-Siosk Baas (Jedi Master)
    Freedon Nadd (Sith Master)

Apprentices:

Ulic Qel-Droma (Sith apprentice)
    Crado (Dark Jedi)
    Nayama (Sith Acolyte)
    Jorak Uln (Sith Acolyte)
    Oss Wilum (Sith Acolyte)
    Zona Luka (Sith Acolyte)
    Aleema Keto (Sith magic apprentice)
    Gantoris (Sith Acolyte)
    Kyp Durron (Sith Acolyte)

-Reason for their fall: Exar Kun was curious about the dark and forbidden teaches of the Force. He awoke Freedon Nadd’s spirit who became his master in the Dark Side. Freedon made promises of power and greed if Exar Kun gave himself to the dark side. Kun later defeated Freedon . Later he was visited by the ghost of the ancient Sith Lord Marka Ragnos who completed his initiation claiming him the next dark lord of the sith.

-Who defeated him/her: Nomi Sunrider led a defensive attack against Kun defeating him physically by trapping his spirit on Yavin Four. Years later Kun’s spirit was defeated by Luke Skywalker, his students and the spirit of Vodo-Siosk Baas.

-Could they have been redeemed; why or why not? No he could not. He allowed his blind ambitions stand in the way of a true redemption believing he could continue to corrupt others to the dark side and still continue to be the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy.

CPL_Macja
    BultarSwan

22. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Well done, Falcon. As CPL is in charge of the Knight's tasks, he'll have the last say. Looks good to me. :)

SENATE BUSINESS:

I have made the announcement in this thread a bit ago that the EUC Senate is going through elections. The teams are as follows with Chancellor and then Vice Chancellor being named: Sey/Bardan and Skywalker/Becca. Please make an informed decision by checking out the Senate thread and then pming me your decision. Time is nearly up people so please vote today. Also of note, if you are voting HERE you MAY NOT vote somewhere else. Everyone gets ONE VOTE ONLY.

Thank-you :)

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    And I don't get a vote at all :p

24. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    You have my support skyguy! ;)

25. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    That sounds great! But for the last 4 weeks would I not be online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.