main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That makes the challenge all the more rewarding. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Gave PS his first task as a Padawan and got him set up offsite. As a new master, Im worried Im gonna miss something lol...

Pearlsaber and BultarSwan like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Plenty of people (including me) to ask if you get lost mate. ;)

5. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    That would be CHEATING ;):p

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    ...and what's wrong with that? [face_devil]

[​IMG]

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    o_O

There are no short cuts in training Jedi Bardan.

CPL_Macja likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sure there are. Instead of a long sweeping cut, you just cut slightly less with your lightsaber. There's your short cut.

[​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    :rolleyes: One of these days :p

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    back to one worded answers. Interesting :p

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  15. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm never around on Sundays, BultarSwan. Library is never open then.

16. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, when there is no off button nearby, Jedi just make their own :p

That was how Josch freed Miria so I assumed the same will work here.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    *is wondering if he should write more of the Danny story*

19. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    *cough*YES*cough*

20. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My First Padawan Assignment

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi are responsible for bringing peace throughout the galaxy by using diplomacy, wisdom, and at times, violence. I believe Jedi are to be bring peace through wise diplomacy before using a lightsaber.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
    Jedi are to defend those who cannot appropriately defend themselves. In my mind, widows and children should be of first priority. Jedi should never use their powers to cause discord or for the Dark Side of the force.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    There is no one species which should take priority over the other. All have a right to be defended and protected. A Jedi should never be cruel to any life. Rather, a Jedi should be mindful and respect all life. If a Jedi must kill, he or she is expected to think of the suffering that was caused by the individual's death.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    I feel Jedi should never use their powers for the sake of controlling someone who is not as strong in the Force. A Jedi should refrain from using fear as a way to gain influence over the weak minded. He or she should have an attitude of serving the greater good, instead of ruling the greater good.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
    A Jedi should be teachable in all ways of life. This includes using the archives and throughout his or her everyday conversations. Knowledge can be gained through asking questions, studying past histories, etc. A Jedi should also listen and apply the wise council of the other Jedi Masters.

History of the Jedi Code

The Jedi code has been rewritten twice: Once by Ordan-Urr and once by Luke Skywalker. However, Fae Coven restored it to its classic form after Ordan-Urr's revision.

The Jedi Code that could be in use in 146 ABY is the one rewritten by Master Skywalker. However, 146ABY is after the Third Jedi Purge (138 ABY). So, it is impossible to know whether or not the Code would be revised again before 146ABY comes (Though it probably wouldn't be).

At the funeral of Mara Jade Skywalker, the line, "There is no chaos, there is harmony" is removed.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker changed the code to what we currently use after establishing the New Jedi Order.

Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 and Adalia-Durron like this.
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I on the other hand, am trying to get to 3000 posts tonight. [face_devil]

23. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    My second assignment:

Lightsaber Forms:
    During the time of the Clone Wars Form III: Soresu, also known as the Way of the Mynock, was the most popular Lightsaber form because it was created to combat blasters which were the main weapon of the droid army. It was mostly a defensive form of fighting. Soresu relied on tight bladework and subtle dodges to provide maximum defensive coverage, minimizing exposure to ranged weaponry. Like Makashi, Soresu relied on economy of motion and energy efficiency, keeping up constant blade-movement to build up momentum and minimize energy-expenditure. A true master of Soresu would be able to outlast their opponent and wait to the point the opponent started making mistakes and let down their guard, thus allowing to counter attack. Basically true masters of this form were considered invincible. For the Soresu opening stance, the duelist held the blade back in a one-handed grip, angled forwards with the left arm held parallel, the off-hand held up in a challenge. Some well-known practitioners of Form III include Cin Drallig, Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Galen Marek, and Luke Skywalker.​
    Form IV: Ataru, also known as the Way of the Hawk-Bat, was a more aggressive form of lightsaber technique. The history of Ataru stretched back through the Old Republic, to at least as early as the Mandalorian Wars, where it was commonly employed by Jedi of that day. It was even practiced by some of the Sith. Form IV was fast-paced and effective against single opponents, though weaker in prolonged combat and confined spaces. Also, it was not recommended for use against opponents wielding blasters. Ataru was characterized by Force-assisted acrobatics, such as somersaults and leaping strikes, both for attack and defense. Those who used Form IV could move at high speeds and could rain strong blows, jumping and attacking through the air. Powerful and quick spinning attacks could be utilized from all angles, either from ground or air. A master in Ataru combat could appear like a blur to their opponents, attacking from all directions—the front, the sides, overhead, or behind. It was said that Master Yoda, High Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the days of the Old Republic, had master Form IV to its highest level. The opening stance for Ataru was a balanced two-handed guard: holding the lightsaber vertically with both palms, either on the right or left side of the body. One technique employed with greater effect by Ataru users was the Hawk-Bat Swoop. When utilized by Ataru practitioners, it was intended to allow a combatant to quickly strike their opponent without giving them a chance to react, and then escape before they had a chance to retaliate. Some well-known practitioners of Form IV were Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Cin Drallig, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, General Grievous, Sora Bulq, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade Skywalker, Alema Rar, as well as many others.​
    If I chose to study one of these two forms It would have to be Form IV. The reason being is because it's more acrobatic and artsy looking. Also I'm more of a person who is offensive and this form would fit me perfectly in that aspect.​
    Master JediFalcon I have finished​

JediFalcon likes this.
  24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Nice Job Padawan, you forgot about the second question.

If you chose to study one, which form would you go with and why?

And remember to post it in the barricade ;) JediMaster_1977

25. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Is that on the offsite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.