main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Skyguy's ship crew could talk to me

Hint

Hint hint

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I am waiting on Swannie's characters to react to what is going on in the hanger bay... ;)

[​IMG]

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I too am stuck without a purpose...hint hint ;)

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I just want someone to acknowledge that Eira finally made it :( Someone? Anyone? There's a new ship in system...

:p

5. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't have my laptop with me right now (hence using this account). But when I get home (or on campus alternately) ill get a Big R post up Becca.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

No really it's been over 2 weeks I am itching to post as Eira again :p

7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Anyone have and advice for me? I am currently in the library so I am free to do whatever. I would just like to interact with someone else :p

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'd be happy to but I'm in space. Isn't your character (sorry I forgot his name) looking to leave/search for something? Just that Eira's on a similar quest...

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Pffft, fools. Need to learn to be prepared! I already have a dozen ideas and half-completed mental posts stored in my head for whenever Alec gets back to the Temple that will keep me entertained for a couple novella-lengths posts!

One even involves organizing a library! Awesome right!? >.>

Mitth_Fisto and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sounds exciting I can't wait to read it! :p

[​IMG]

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I'm done master!!!! [face_peace] Tim Battershell, BultarSwan and CPL_Macja. (I tagged the GM so that they would miss anything.) :D

Form I: Shii-cho, also known as the Determination Form or the Way of the Sarlacc. It is the oldest form of all seven combat forms. This form teaches you the basic moves of attack and parry. On a human, Form I target zones include the head, right and left side, and the legs. The negatives with Form I is that it is not the best style for blaster deflection or for lightsaber-to-lightsaber dueling, but it's a superior all-around form one can fall back on in the heat of combat.

Form II: Makashi, also known as the Contention Form or the Way of the Ysalamiri. It is the preferred style for lightsaber duel, and this style is the most elegant style of the six traditional forms. Makashi underlines precision strikes and well-balanced foot-work. A Form II duel will usually end very fast if the duel is successful. It usually ends with a Mark of Contact or a disarming strike. The use of Form II has decreased during the last war. Because when Jedi Knights found themselves facing saber-wielding Sith, Makashi's fluid attacks and feints provided a critical edge during these duels to death.

Form III: Soresu, also known as the Resilience Form, or the Way of the Mynock, is the ultimate expression of defense-and its masters are said to be impervious to all forms of attack. Those who wish to study Form III are advised to practice their meditation. Soresu is the ideal lightsaber style for intercepting blaster fire. Even when you are attacked by fifty-blaster-wielding thug, you can withstand them easily. By dropping into Moving Meditation, a Jedi can perceive the positions of every single enemies and the moves necessary to deflect every bolt. This technique is also called for the Circle of Shelter. One can uses a deflecting slash when one faces a single blaster-carrying thug. This technique can catches a single bolt and smacks aside, and that gives you an opportunity to advance before your enemy can fire a second shot. It can also turn the bolt back to the same vector where it came from. The negative with Form III is that when you are in duel with a saber-wielding enemy, you should pull all moves close to your body and seldom make sweeps or lunges. This creates a strong defensive cocoon that makes it difficult for your enemy to land more thatn a glancing blow. But it also means that you are unable to mount a counterattack.

Form IV: Ataru, also known as the Aggression Form, or the Way of the Hawk-Bat. It kinetic moves require its practitioner to stay almost constantly on the offensive side. This Form is a very exhausting form, therefor it is best employed in short but devastating bursts. The moves of Ataru are numerous, and the style is more disciplined that its wild rush would indicate. Form IV is best used against a single opponent. If a Jedi faces multiple foes, he will need to adopt at least the pretense of defense. Unless you are a true Ataru master.

Form V: Shien/Djem So, also known as the Perseverance Form, or the Way of the Krayt Dragon. It has two aspects, shien and djem so. Both can be equally mastered by a Form V practitioner, but most of the Jedi chooses only one of this two aspects. This form is the most physically demanding of all six combat styles. While Form IV requires speed and rapidity, Form V requires strength. It originally came from Jedi Masters that studied Form III, they believed that Form III did not allow sufficient opportunities for counterattack. From this idea they came out with shien, a style that could redirects blaster fire back toward a specific target. Djem so follows the same philosophy, just that this style is optimized for lightsaber dueling. Because of its reliance on dominating one's opponent, Form V has at times been considered an inappropriate discipline for Jedi.

Form Zero: is not an actual form of lightsaber combat. It's rather an ethical principle. It was an idea that Jedi should know when to use their lightsaber and when to find an alternative means of solving a problem. It is more fundamental than Form I-finding a nonviolent solution to any problem you encounter. Or as the Tythonese Sky Judge Culph said: the best blades are kept in their sheaths.

I want to study Form III, Soresu. Because I'm a girl that loves action and travel to dangerous places, and that means I would faces many dangerous people. So it would be nice to can master a form that can protects me well and that can get me out of dangers in one piece when negotiation doesn't work.

And one more thing, master. I tried to find out about the two non-standard Combat Forms, but I could anything about it. I did my best, master. :)

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Oh I see how it is....:p

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Im kidding around. My character has a massive library he built during the clone wars.

15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Glad to hear everything's okay and that you'll be back soon, Valerian. :)

Sarge. :p

Shadow Wars. The only rule of Shadow Wars is we don't talk about Shadow Wars. :p (kidding)

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Talk about what now?

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    How is the alliance going, Bardan?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It grows as it goes. (State motto of New Mexico, look it up). :p

But I try to keep SWC talk separate from EUC talk. ;)

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Okey, then I'm out of idea.... :p

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
  22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
  23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Jedi! *nods, nods.* :p

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Poooooossssstsssss.

>.>

<.<

25. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Afternoon, GoL. [:D]

Yes, Master Chewie. I'm around. :p

OOC: But, I've been busy writing papers. I've got a 10 pager and a 15 pager due on Wednesday. :( I'm trying to get them done.

Chewbacca89

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.