main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I like to plan a bit - almost always have a goal in mind before I start typing. Often that goal is missed but it's more fun that way :D

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Its nice to plan ahead. And even if it turns out in a way that your plan becomes invalid, you can, at the very least, salvage something from it to make it work and sometimes things turn out better then you expected.

And sometimes the players can surprise the GM when they collaborate amongst themselves or there's this one or two players that are given option A or option B but choose option Z instead and completely throws everything out of the loop.

A couple GMs I know have admitted that at certain points they've just sat back and let the players do what they wanted because everything was not going where they expected at all...but were certainly enjoying the new direction and would like to see where it went.

There was nothing else that I've played in that could compare and I'm not sure if I would be able to do something like that again :p

But it did teach me the importance of character. It was actually a sequel to another game and myself and a bunch of other players had transferred our characters from that game into this one. And oh boy, once you get invested in your character and the characters of others...'tis a beautiful but horrible thing when the GM decides to take advantage of it [face_laugh] Shed a couple tears, was on the edge of my seat, spent time frying my brain on how to survive the next act, and by the end of it I felt truly and utterly spent :p Fortunately it all ended in a nice, happy ending.

Mitth_Fisto and The_Zeltron like this.
  3. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    [face_rofl] We all just assumed you knew. :p

That's what I do, too, Skywalker. :p

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Those were good times Sarrge ;) I still don't know how I survived that thing, a Vong with an anti-hero complex and taking the advice of dead sith. . .totally should of been toast :p

Sarge221 likes this.
  5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pffft, I was the one that used a low-powered lightsaber against a Sith before I realized just how serious and dark the game was. I still beat myself up when I think of that one :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah, I laughed so hard at that one. :D Although I think immediately rejecting a guy/sect and fighting them on their own turf/ship was my second height of stupidity after trying to appeal to a being of living deaths good side :p

Sarge221 likes this.
  7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeeeep...see...nothing like a lightsaber through the chest to make me realize that the course of action that I chose was probably not the best way to go :p Least I made up for it later on with my strokes of genius that saw me saving my character and reviving another.

All that matters is that, despite moments of stupidity, we were still cool enough to be that half (less?) of the player base that survived :cool:

Anyway, back to focusing on the GoL before we get a stern talking to.

*waves flags in order to get attention* Updatez! Updatez! Updatez!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh. . .right. I should update. Be back soon :p

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Better be in Shadow War and not in some other game [face_waiting]

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Like mine? :p

Which reminds me...I need to do that time-skip once I finish the carrier...

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    They're currently making me not want to go into the RPF right now... IT'S APRIL 2ND I'M DONE WITH THIS OSIK

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah, ramza forgot to add a disable notice option. If you go back there now and click the tab that has the embedded youtube music, there's an X on the right corner that will permanently disable it.

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's not even that scary (I know where that gif is from) I'm just starting to get annoyed with everything by this point. The google and youtube jokes are kind of fun but the rest... meh

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, I've ceased to even register April Fools anymore. Its just a day where I know that everything that people say or do on that day is a lie and nothing should be believed :p

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Problems happen when real stuff DOES happen on April 1st. Ah well, April 2nd for me now. Can't wait for it to be April 2nd for everyone else too [face_plain]

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Doo, doo, doo...*types up a couple of rough paragraphs for next planned post*

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I can't even plan any posts
    wait
    what am I saying

*skips off to Limmie*

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    But no, I can't plan my Shadow War post since there's just too many factors (characters) to take into account right now. I guess it's back to writing the side-adventures of Eira's lost sister who doesn't really want to be found :eek:

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm about half-way done with the time-skip in Forgotten Ones. Though I can't (directly) effect your character Becca, since my three (Nemo, Melina and Sule) are not anywhere near her and Chewie anymore.

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Hah yeah not too worried about that one... Fi's unofficially unconscious right now so it's all good, I can plan ahead there. Just not in Shadow War.

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well unless Macja decides to throw a curveball in his next update, I already have a plan to bring Alec back up to try again :p

How's dat Forgotten Ones going so far?

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Oh Alec :rolleyes: give him a good Gibbs slap from me, eh? He could use one :p

Forgotten Ones is going fantastical for meeee

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Whaaat? So Alec decided to not do the cliche bit to stand around and wait for the evil dark crystal to do something obviously evil before reacting. Nothing wrong when put like that :p

25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Except for the part where he got himself electrocuted :p *Gibbs slaps Alec*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.