main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
  2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    That would be my KOTOR fanclub. It is rather dead since a lot of the posters wandered off.

3. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Shall we revive it?

4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    If you guys want to. Doesn't bother me any :p

*actually goes to bed now*

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
  6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Chewbacca89 Sorry not to have 'noticed' you in TSW yet, Chewie - next post for sure - particularly if you show the group how to get to the Cafeteria! *Wonders, "is Mugruebe Stew one of the menu options?"*

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I've been playing a Consular in TOR and I'm quite enjoying it, actually, though I prefer being able to do more ranged attacks, hence focusing on my Trooper character.

But as for me I'm probably Sentinel, I'm okay in any of the three though. Consular would likely be my second choice, though, but I'd need a different character for the RPG :p

Oh right and I will try and post in Shadow War soon so I don't leave you all waiting on me

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    From Eira's history, I would suspect that she would be a blend of Guardian and Sentinel, Becca.

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Ambervikings91 it's good to see a new face. You are more than welcome to stick around for a chat and if you want, to join the rp aspect of this group. It's fun and we enjoy it. If you'd like, I can give you more info on it. :)

My character is a Consular Seer/Healer, but she's proficient with lightsabers.

More later, gotta go to work...

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Danny is just a bog-standard Sentinel right now. Maybe a bit better with a 'Saber than is standard (hence the training manual) though.

Lenea could be some variety of Jedi (likely Guardian) but she refuses to train anymore than keeping the sibling-link going :p

11. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Morning, fellow Jedi.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey Val.

Probably just me here right now though.

13. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Hey Skyguy.

What's up?

14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Working on an essay.

15. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm guessing that's not good?

16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Meh. I don't mind writing even if it is boring. Its only 1k or so words, not that much really :p

17. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Ah, 1k's fine. What's it about?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Comparing theme in two Robert Frost poems :p

19. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Despite his most recent display, Alec is a more subtle fighter that uses misdirection. And the Force as he is a Consular. As well as the fact that when you're a Jedi on the run, its kind of difficult to practice lightsaber skills so he had mainly focused on his already above-average Force skills. Thus, he is weak when it comes to straight-up dueling skills which is why he'll use Force skills to throw off his opponent and even attempt to frustrate them to cloud their judgement.

Niman is the perfect style for him and has allowed him to briefly attempt dual blades and the double-bladed lightsaber in order to add their exoticness to his advantage but quickly found them to limit his use of the Force and dropped them.

From an RPing standpoint, I tend to find straight-up lightsaber duels to be boring. My opinion of course and its probably due to my long years of RPing involving saber duels has made me want to add something new. That and I always like to choose the more mystical route whether it be the Force or magic due to the room for creativity.

Though I will never steep to the levels of insanity that had gone on in FOTJ mind you >.>

BultarSwan likes this.
  20. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm in the same boat, Skyguy.

2500 words though.

Morning, GoL!

Sent from my mobile desk via R3-S12

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I couldn't go just straight up lightsaber duel either (hence Sentinel as opposed to Guardian). Problem is, Makashi (and by extension, Flowing River) are very much lightsaber centric. Unlike say...Ataru, which has more Force usage. Though throwing in the occasional Force Push or Stasis (Danny's specialty) is always an option :p

22. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Makashi is heavily saber-oriented.

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    For sure, and that's entirely to do with her history. I think if she'd gotten a chance at a normal Jedi upbringing she would have ended up in more of a consular class. It's an interesting balance with her, and it's similar with myself, in that just because you can fight doesn't mean you have to. Despite having my black belt I'm probably one of the least violent people, all jokes aside, except in safe sparring situations. And I enjoy learning, and teaching, and helping others... but I still like a bit of adventure, which is why I think I'd be a Consular-Sentinel.

24. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    See, the thing is that when it comes to the Force in a duel, its usually just an occassional skill that gets thrown out. Otherwise, the Force is usually restricted to enhancing physical attributes. For Alec, its gonna be the opposite with more displays of the Force and minimum blade contact. Definitely more like a Consular in TOR. And if there is to be blade contact, the Niman provides the basics of several lightsaber forms. Doesn't mean a Jedi will be spectacular in one area but, for Alec, he could blend his Force skills with the different forms.

Course its all in theory (and several possible future posts in my head) so we'll see how it works in practice >.>

25. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I... don't have ToR.

BultarSwan and CPL_Macja like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.