Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
    I guess I better get it up when I get home this afternoon, then.
  2. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    That just sounds..........wrong Zelt! :p
  3. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Anthology

Manager
    star 10
    Briikase gote'tuur @Ewoks86 [face_party]

[IMG]
  4. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
  5. JacensGirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Addie: True. I'm often grateful for subdized health care. It's slow and imperfect but I don't have to fret about insurance (although medications aren't subsidized so some people still do). It just sucks that there are have and have-not provinces where it varies, and our provincial govt is WAY too comfortable making health cuts when the wait to get a new family MD is two years, and nurses have been threatening to strike a lot. *shrug* There are pros and cons.
  6. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    BC might be a have province but we're a mess with health care - haven't had a family doctor since I was 10 or so, survived on clinics ever since. I think it's better than some other countries, but here in Sweden it's amazing how easy it is to get care... and disappointing that Canada's isn't better.
  7. JacensGirl Force Ghost

star 4
    That sucks, Becca :( i guess its hard across Canada then.. Plus Harper doesn't help :p
  8. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't start me on Harper. I don't hate people easily but I hate him so much. Apologies to the Jedi because hate is not the Jedi way, but some people are just evil, and I wish I could do something to get him out of office. I'm mostly glad he ignores BC since we're crazy westerners.
    JediFalcon and JacensGirl like this.
  9. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    You said it not us :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. JacensGirl Force Ghost

star 4
    *nods* No, I agree completely. We need electoral reform more than we need any health reform. I was happy for the NDP, Jack deserved it, but the splitting of the Left vote screwed us over.

But moving away from politics... (although Jedi never seem to be able to ) :p
  11. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    You know my dad said this is what would happen when you vote conservative no one has learned from the last mistake in the mid to late ninties with what's his name that shut down half of the hospitals and layed off half the staff to go with it. Luckly my dad was too much of a valued employee to let go so another hospital hired him on the spot.

Everytime NDPs end up in power, jobs get cut. So yeah... Mid 80s, late 90s and now 2003 to 2013.
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Apr 23, 2013
    JacensGirl likes this.
  12. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Our NHS seems to be more-or-less OK (says someone who seems to enjoy very good health). Pa does use it though, now he's got on in years.
    JacensGirl likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    Healthcare . . . the bane of our existence.
  14. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok... as much as I love to talk politics and health-care reform, it is time to move on to SW and Jedi matters...

15. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Now, does the Republic/Empire/any gov't really offer free or subsidised health care? There's never any mention of paying... :p
    Pearlsaber and JacensGirl like this.
  16. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    ISTR that Kal Skirata had to pay to get his ankle fixed and there are various references to the cost of Bacta. Med Droids seem to be available for hire.

Certainly rejuvenation theapy is only accessible to the very wealthy.

Problem is we don't really get a glimpse into the lives of ultra-ordinary GFFA people - most of the ones we see are priviledged in some way (Politicians, Military etc.).
    Mitth_Fisto and JacensGirl like this.
  17. JacensGirl Force Ghost

star 4
    History can be an oppressor.

I guess we sometimes get glimpses through individual Jedi's pasts. :) Though not of the details of their society... It probably depended on the planets too. Like how Tattooine has slavery in Ep I but Padme, as Queen of Naboo, is appalled by it.
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  18. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    *rolls around on the ground while talks of health care continue* Update, update, update, update, update.... [face_hypnotized]
  19. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    Keep rolling brother...

:p

BultarSwan and JacensGirl like this.
  20. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Whitelight Force Ghost

star 4
    @CPL_Macja did you see the Pm I start with you and miss swan :D
  22. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    An interesting thing is in SW most freighters seem to have a bio scanner bed standard that can with a diagnostic problem tell you what is wrong with you if it is more in the mundane scannable noteworthy problems, so if you own a ship or know someone who does your initial diagnosis can be free and fast. Treatment is where the prices come into play, that takes a med droid, possibly a nurse droid, possibly even an organic doctor supervising. For example on Taris in Kotor our Jedi finds the medical facility that treats hundreds if not over a thousand peoples is staffed by merely an organic and three or four droids, one a tranlation and greeting model, with six beds if memory serves. (For some reason I notice these things :p ) The main cost is medicine, and the machines to make the treatments possible. Actual medical supplies are low to moderate in cost, basic treatment is low if you only have mild injuries, after all you don't have to pay for several peoples salleries merely a couple individuals, perhaps a company chain fee, and the cost to pay off the start up and operating costs. So, affordable compared to earths medicin.

Another indication of this is the shots of Coruscants underworld, up top everyone seems to be whole and healthy, but down in 1313 there are open signs of non-biological grafts, replacement eyes in several styles, and mechanical limbs that look more like they were ripped off an ASP rather than proper artificial limbs. So if you're poor even someone standing around street corners to socialize you can afford a crude patch job, whether this would cause problems later is likely.

For personal experiences I have seen some things and I have heard tales of horror, but the main thing is to remember that human health care system has human error, prejudices, and burn out as affecting your treatment. Not to mention I have stood in on surgeries and heard the doctor say 'oops'. Yeah, how did this guy with a high rate of his patients almost always having complications keep his license? Oh yes, not enough doctors around to replace him with anyone better. :rolleyes: So SW wouldn't suffer from this alement as much, after all you have droids to replace 3/4ths of the medical staff and those are just a chasis and special programing.
    JacensGirl likes this.
  23. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Thanks Mitthy, very interesting. :)
  24. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    @JacensGirl please tell me three reasons a Jedi meditates.

@Master-Luner please explain three negative effects of using dark side force powers.
    Last edited by BultarSwan, Apr 23, 2013
    JacensGirl likes this.
  25. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth