main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'll try and get something up tomorrow I guess.

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    *comes creeping in*

I know I know I have been away from all this jedi wisdom.

3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Younglings, Padawans, Knights, Masters and Grand Masters.

I have now found out the letters of Basic, and from there we may find a easy way to learn Jedi Language.

[​IMG]

The Aurebesh script is the alphabet used for Basic.

Has any of you heard of this web side before? http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/

Iron_lord and Pearlsaber like this.
  4. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Nice, Kenobiwan!

Morning, GoL!

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Thank you, Pearlsaber! I'm gald that you like it. :)

Morning, btw. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    How are you this morning?

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Actually it is evening here. :p

BUt I'm doing great thank you. How are you?

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    Ah, my mistake. :)

I'm doing well! :D

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Good to hear!

Sorry for that I answered you a bit late, I just got my dinner. :)

Iron_lord and Pearlsaber like this.
  10. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Thank you. :) [face_love] And thanks for all of the lovely comments from everyone! :) That made me smile (even.. Bardan.. :p )

I should have things a little more together now. I've been working as a reporter, which is my dream job, but it's been SO draining, especially since I'm an intern and I'm unofficially competing for a year contract at the end of the summer. Then my mother in law was in town last week... thus the everything going to pieces. <_< lol Unfortunately, she can be pretty rude; definitely a test of my Jedi (or not so Jedi ?) patience :p

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Welcome home, JacensGirl! [:D]

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Welcome back, Jay!

13. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    Thanks, both of you [:D] How are you ? What did I miss?

14. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    Good to have you back, Jacensgirl!

JacensGirl likes this.
  15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Not a lot, Jay, I think. Things have been a bit slow all around.

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    GMish update postef in the shadow wars

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very nice Kenobiwan, I actually have a paper copy from owning the SW Monopoly game which supplied that same list and used it for the game 'credit' writing. The site you linked is pretty nice as well, although it hasn't been really taken care of it has some good resources.

Hey Jay! The summer lag is upon us all. The time between end of a college/highschool semester, the glimpse of summer (Although it snowed here last week so [face_bleh]) and the prospects of fresh beginnings.

18. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Updaaaaaaaatttttteeeeeezzzzzzz! [face_hypnotized]

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Hah, maybe school's over for you but I'm not done until June 9th... and I have an exam tomorrow... and 3 major things due... oi.

20. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    Oh okay... lag doesn't sound good, but I am definitely ready for summer! It has been kind of cold and rainy here :( It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, though :)

That's intense, Becca! Good luck with it all. *hands Becca sugar and caffeine for studying* :p

21. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    The_Zeltron

The concept of the Unifying Force is that the Force has neither a light or a dark side, and simply works as a single entity. It was actually viewed as a deity, and was a rather unpopular concept amongst the Jedi Order.
    It seeked ultimate equality between every living being, and its followers were extremely open-minded and were always looking for different possibilities to every outcome. They also focused a lot more on the future than the present, meditating on the coming events and the destiny of the galaxy, rather than acting on events happening at that time. This is exactly why visions of the future were of great importance to this concept's followers.
    They thought the Force chose no sides since it had no sides.

The concept of the Living Force was the one the majority of Jedi accepted. It's thought to be present in practically every living being, to a different degree, which essentially meant every living being is connected in one way or another. Qui-Gonn, for example, is known as one of the many who truly believed on this view of the Force.
    The followers of this concept were mindful of the future and the consequences every action causes, but as opposed to the Unifying Force, they also remained focused on the present. According to this view, the Force had two sides: the light and the dark, and Jedi always needed to be mindful of their emotions and their actions in order to avoid falling to the dark side. This is why during the PT Era Jedi were not allowed to have strong emotional attachments to anything or anyone, and were forbidden to marry.
    Becoming one with the Force is what happens to the Jedi who believe on this concept, enabling themselves to retain their thoughts in the form of a Force Ghost. These Jedi generally rely on their instincts.

I would choose the Living Force. First of all, in my eyes, it is clear as water that there are two sides: the dark and the light, as I've seen characters change drastically due to falling to the dark side and commit actions they wouldn't otherwise. I've seen first hand how the dark side changes and corrupts living beings, and there's a very clear good/bad line that many characters have crossed. To me, choosing no sides makes no sense, as there are and decisions that are morally and ethically correct, and there are others that are the complete opposite. The light side protects, the dark side destroys. It couldn't be more clear to me.
    It's also, in my opinion, more logical and reasonable to focus on the present rather than the future, because if you focus on the future and not on the things that are currently taking place in your life, you're unlikely to have a bright future, anyway. You are mindful of your actions and their future consequences, but without taking the focus off the present. I believe it is healthier and more balanced to live like this.

22. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    No comments on my task, Master?

23. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    A Like isn't enough? Got some selfish Padwans nowadays! :p

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Naw, they need positive reinforcement all the time!!!

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Remember, they are like children who need constant attention ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.