main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Tried the Sith, wasn't my thing, and I'm like Addie but younger: don't really break the rules ever. :p And when I play TOR I have trouble taking dark side choices, even though I want a dark character and it's just a game.

And it seemed like all the fun was happening here :p

Whitelight and BultarSwan like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sith are just dark and depressing!!!

BultarSwan likes this.
  3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I just prefer more cool and logical Jedi characters like Alec that seek to uphold order and balance as he finds Sith actions to be selfish and pointless :p I was never good at being being evil. Especially since, admittedly, my evil plans tend to not be very good plans. I have trouble being some kind of evil mastermind. That, and I just don't have it in me to do evil things as well as the fact that I would hate to see evil win in the end [face_laugh]

However, I will admit that keeping to the thinking of such cool and resolved characters can allow for some emotions to become pent up. Lately I have been thinking of playing as battlelusting, near-psychotic characters that just want to fight. Doesn't have to be Sith, could be a Mandalorian though it would certainly be more interesting if it was Sith.

Nonetheless, I shall always, primarily, be Jedi!

BultarSwan likes this.
  4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Sith are losers long-term - 'nuff said! Fun to RP for a little light relief, though!

BultarSwan likes this.
  5. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007

I seem to have that problem to even though I know its a game, but still just something with in me its goes against moral, and who I am as person

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Speaks very highly of our moral fibre!

Whitelight likes this.
  7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Reminds me of when the trend of moral choices started to appear in video games (specifically Bioware games). My brother and I are of two different mindsets where I'll do all the good choices in my playthroughs while my brother would do all the evil things.

Stranger: Hey, reactivate that nuclear bomb in the middle of that crappy town and blow everyone up!
    Me: Noes! *deactivates bomb*

Take 2:
    Brother: Oh sweet, blow everyone up!? In that case...*kills everyone in the town, steals all their guns and valuables, THEN blow up everything with the bomb*

The only good thing about this was that my brother would play on ky account on my 360 so I would get all the achievements for my brother doing evil things >.>

Obviously if this was the Star Wars universe you would end up with a perfect example of brother vs brother with mine as Sith and me as Jedi.

Whitelight likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey all, long time no type. And soon long time again. :(

awesomejedi I look forward to more and do not worry, DRL comes for us all from time to time. I am entering such a time myself.

I will be moving, it is official, next week. *Allow time for shock. 1. 2. 3. 4.*

So this week, I will be finishing packing. Closing all local accounts, and of course getting rid of all personal possessions not to be moved through judicious actions. (I also have jury duty this week so it should be fun [face_beatup] ). After moving I will need to find a place to live, re-get local services, and find a job. I will be gone for at least two weeks if not longer. I apologize for my absences but it is unavoidable.

May the Force be with you, Always.

9. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Good Luck Mitth_Fisto I hope you can get with us real soon, I'll be praying for you to find a place and Job where your going. Its not easy to up root.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing what the lower 48 is like and being closer to the southern families. Which to me is all of you :p ;)

Adalia-Durron and BultarSwan like this.
  11. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    That is cool, so you know where your going to go or what kind of job you are looking for.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Job yes. . .one of two.

Live? Sort of. General region that sounds nice ;)

13. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003

Yes... struggle. I adore my job but I just worked two 12 hour days, and one of which I wasn't even paid for. Then I only had today to clean, do laundry, walk my dog and do shopping and back to the newsroom tomorrow!

Although I can likely handle my next assignment this week, Master Adalia-Durron :) I have Wednesday off.

BultarSwan likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Woot! I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off......so Wednesday night for you is Thursday for me!!!!! Works! Sorta. Depending on the week. This week is shopping week, so I'm in and out all day! :p

Good Luck and see you on teh flip side Mitthy, wishing you all the best in your adventure!

JacensGirl likes this.
  15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Take care of yourself Mitthy. Hope everything goes as smoothly as is possible. [:D]

For me, the choice between a jedi and sith was no choice at all. I chose Jedi because in many ways it mirrors rl for me. Minus the robes and, sadly, the lightsabers. ;)

Whitelight likes this.
  16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, might as well throw out this question while we're on the subject.

Despite the numerous attempts (and partial successes) to control the galaxy, the Sith have always seen either failure or having only a very brief reign. No matter if it be the original Sith Empire led by Naga Sadow, Kaan's Brotherhood, Bane's Rule of Two, or Krayt's Rule of One, the Sith would always find themselves defeated in the end no matter what methods or philosophies they decide to follow. My question is why? What are some of the fundamental weaknesses that you find about the dark side and the Sith that always seems to lead them to failure?

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Single mindedness. They are so focused on their goal they generally over look what good people will do to save either themselves or the ones they love. They lack the ability to care deeply enough to sacrifice so they never see the blindside that generally takes them out. Classic example "father....please?". To which Vader tossed his Master down a shaft.....he under estimated the bond between father and son. Yes, they see this 'flaw' as a weapon against their enemies, but never against themselves.

Sarge221 and JediFalcon like this.
  18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    That seems to be the most common answer as well as the most correct one. A key aspect of a Sith Lord's downfall is the single mindedness of not only himself but his own subjects. For Palpatine, his single-mindedness of supreme power that he had wished to exert with his Galactic Empire, found himself victim to, instead of a rival superpower, a small rebellion that managed to grow and then topple his fleets of Star Destroyers, legions of troops, and most powerful of superweapons. And the cause of his death was due to a minion that was right at his side and yet he was unable to predict that his single-minded attempts to turn Luke Skywalker would cause his father to turn on him.

For a most recent example, single-mindedness had been Darth Krayt's downfall in a different manner. Having once been a Jedi that only turned to the dark side and established the Sith in order to bring the galaxy back to the peace it once held, his Rule of One had been meant to do just that. For a while it seemed to work...until he was reminded of the spectre of the death that constantly trailed him due to his failing health. A search for a way to prolong his life and finding a chance of that in Cade Skywalker had Krayt focusing his attention and efforts into pursuing eternal life rather then cementing his hold over the galaxy and, like Palpatine, allowing so many rebel elements to gather strength and defeat him.

But lets look at this from a different perspective. There have been many Sith Lords that have risen and fallen throughout the years and for part two of this lesson, why is that? If all the Sith bring about is chaos and only seek what would satisfy their own needs, why have they been able to find so many supporters in their conflicts? While a conflict of light vs dark is constantly seen as Jedi vs Sith, people forget that these two factions cannot hope to establish any kind of war without the troops and resources of simple, non-Force-sensitive individuals that side with them. Why is it that the Sith are able to gain so many supporters that would allow them to wage a war of equal footing against their most hated enemies: the Jedi and the Republic?

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Good morning GoL!

Iron_lord and Whitelight like this.
  20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    why have they been able to find so many supporters in their conflicts? While a conflict of light vs dark is constantly seen as Jedi vs Sith, people forget that these two factions cannot hope to establish any kind of war without the troops and resources of simple, non-Force-sensitive individuals that side with them. Why is it that the Sith are able to gain so many supporters that would allow them to wage a war of equal footing against their most hated enemies: the Jedi and the Republic?

Greed and power seems to speak loudly to those who constantly want more. The Sith make promises to greedy and power hungry individuals who are not happy with the amount they already have and just simply want more. Through lies and deceit do they tend to gain their allies. Palpatine promised to keep the seperatists leaders safe on Mustafar and said he would send Vader to take care of them. Considering how much they knew, Vader was given specific instructions to kill the seperatists leaders.

By then Palpatine had so much support in the senate that no one could oppose him at the time. Only a select few individuals realized what was happening and began to discuss about starting up a rebellion.

Sith make promises that they don't intend to keep. In the Clone Wars, this really gets demonstrated by Maul and his brother by making a promise to Death Watch to overpower Dutchess Satine and to overtake the Mandalorian government if they scratched each other's backs. But both sides didn't trust each other with a ten foot pole and tended to kill each other once they got what they wanted.

Sith gain their allies through power, greed, lies and deceit would be the best way to put it.

Sarge221 likes this.
  21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    For a good percentage of their followers, the Sith have used lies and deceit to lure them into service. Others, no doubt, fear the death that could be brought upon them if they were to refuse Sith service. For more unusual cases, like the Massassai, the Sith have completely corrupted and warped a species to come under their sway.

However, there are others who have no doubt believed that the Sith were better. Or, at they very least, were really a lesser of two evils when compared to the Republic. In many conflicts, the Sith tend to establish and launch an offensive from the Outer Rim Territories where Republic influence is at its weakest. Some colonies in the Outer Rim territories tended to simply be exploited by the Republic as was the case of Apatros - Darth Bane's homeworld - where the exploitation of cortosis and the poor working conditions of the workers had left them bitter towards the Republic. One of the reasons Darth Revan would amass so many followers in his army would be due to his previous successes as a Jedi General in the Mandalorian Wars where he had been one of the few beings willing to directly combat the Mandalorians while the Republic and Jedi Order stood back.

In the Clone Wars, despite being led by Count Dooku and - within the shadows - Darth Sidious, many of the members of the Separatists had wanted to leave the Republic due to overtaxation and what they saw as corruption within the Senate. The failure of the Financial Reform Act - which was prevented due to efforts of a corrupt Senate Guard who was implicated in the murder and attempted murder of two Senators - and the continued stagnation of the Republic was the last straw that caused the first of many systems to secede from the Republic.

Though the Sith have gained many allies through lies and deceit, could there have been some instances where the Republic had been at fault? Where the reason that the Sith had attracted a number of followers was due to the fact that the Republic had created a grudge within its own people that the Sith exploited?

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Clearly my latest question had put people into a philosophical quandary!

That or they got bored >.>

23. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

I also apologize, master. I haven't had time to post, had a lot of busy weeks and weekends this past month.

Here's the task you asked of me:

The Great Sith War was a galaxy-wide conflict that took place between the years 4,000 BBY and 3,995 BBY (before the battle of Yavin). Yet again, this war saw the rise of the Sith against the Republic and the Jedi Order. There are two events that eventually resulted in the beginning of this war, and both started due to the influence of the deceased Sith Lord Freedon Nadd.

The Krath --- a cult formed by the Tetan nobility --- seeked out Freedon Nadd's spirit in Dxun to grow vastly in power and influence throughout the galaxy. Using this newly acquired knowledge, they instigated a coup in the Empress Teta System and leashed out their Sith power on the Republic. Ulic Qel-Droma, a Jedi Knight defending the Republic, suggested that he should infiltrate the Krath, acting as a double agent and destroying them from the inside. Practically every Jedi present rejected the idea, but before a decision could be made, the Krath attacked, killing Ulic's master, Arca Jeth, in the ensuing battle. Enraged, he vowed to avenge his master by infiltrating the Krath, as he had proposed before. He joined the ranks of the Krath, pretending to be a fallen Jedi. However, he was injected a rage-inducing poison by Krath warlord Satal Keto, an action that triggered Ulic's eventual fall to the dark side. Sensing his struggles, his fellow Jedi came to his rescue, only to witness Satal Keto's death at his hands, angrily denying rescue. While all of this took place, another Jedi Knight named Exar Kun, left the Order in search for Sith knowledge. His quest led him to Onderon and eventually, to Dxun, as well. There, just as the Krath had before him, he found the spirit of Freedon Nadd, who seduced him with promises of great power and eternal glory by submitting to the dark side of the Force. He became Nadd's apprentice, as the Sith Lord began instructing the young fallen Jedi in Sith magic along with other obscure Sith teachings. Once he thought he had learned all he could from his master, Kun destroyed Nadd's spirit and set out on his own goal of galactic domination.

During his time under the tutelage of the Sith Lord's spirit, he learned that there were others who had acquired Sith knowledge from Freedon Nadd (the Krath), and saw these individuals as his rivals to ultimate power. He decided to travel to the Empress Teta System to confront these pretenders and finally achieve his goal of becoming a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Kun arrived and challenged Qel-Droma, now the Krath's leader, to a duel. The duel began, and saw both combatants evenly matched, with Kun having only a slight advantage over his opponent. The fight was then unexpectedly interrupted by the ghost of long-dead Dark Lord of the Sith Marka Ragnos, who proclaimed Kun as the Dark Lord of the Sith with Qel-Droma as his apprentice. Together, along with the Krath, they began a bloody campaign against the forces of the Republic and the Jedi Order and initiating the Great Sith War.

The Sith Lords made their way through Republic-allied planets, annihilating everything and everyone on their path of destruction. The war eventually led them to Coruscant, the heart and capital planet of the Republic and the Jedi, and then to Ossus, a planet considered of great importance to Jedi all across the galaxy and filled with Jedi artifacts.
    The Jedi managed to defeat the Sith on Ossus, pushing them out of the system and capturing Ulic Qel-Droma. During the battle, Ulic slew his brother Cay, an action which made him become aware of his rage and evil actions as a Sith. He renounced his allegiance to the Sith and led the Jedi and the Republic to Yavin IV (Kun's stronghold) where they finally defeated the Dark Lord and his Sith forces, ending the conflict once and for all.

The_Zeltron likes this.
  24. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Good afternoon, GoL!

I am back after a loong stretch of DRL duties. I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Tim Battershell and JacensGirl like this.
  25. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Hello everyone! I'm finally back! :) My family and I are mostly moved in so I now have time to use the internet. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.