main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Pffft, not my fault that I'm the only one who can appreciate art >.>

So we'll try a different method. With all these characters that we be having in the Shadow Wars, I have to ask to the people here: was there anything that influenced the creation of your character? Seeing enough of Macja's character to know that Zelda was an obvious influence, I would like people to share if their characters were influenced by certain video games, books, movies, etc.

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I never gave it much thought when I created my rp characters that's a good question I'll have to give some thought on.

3. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    To simplify it a bit more I'm just asking what made you want to create and play the character the way they are now. If it was due to a character from a game or movie or if its just your own personal preference or if its even due to a previous RP you may have been in. I'll go into my insight on Alec once I get home and back on my computer <.<

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I watched a lot of shows over the years with strong very coordinated heros such as Xena Warrior Princess, She-Ra, Mara Jade, Leia Organa, Hercules, He-Man, Charmed, Superman, Supergirl (yup Clark Kent had a cousin and I completely forgot about the movie till now) I'm thinking mainly from Miss Conginiuality's personality of beating up something when she's angry to Mara Jade's snarky personality and intertwined Anakin Skywalker's facination of fixing fighters and leaping off buildings and out of speeders to catch the culprit and being the best pilot, knowing her weapons could've been from Mission Impossible, hand to hand combat and being proficient, Texas Ranger, and me with facination of pulling pranks. Trust me, Kasha doesn't show these quirks but her decendant Fress Colias did.

I think Kasha was just off the wall with no inspiration from any movies. I just decided to create my own character all my own with her.

With Anakin Sherland, looks like a mixture of Kyp Durron (That's right Addie I went there :p [face_mischief] :D ) and Anakin Skywalker. :D All to myself oh yea best of both worlds [face_dancing]

But more of an understanding temperment and very slow to anger, that is aimed towards being a creche master because he likes to work with kids. At this point, I'm not sure if I was influenced by movies or just made him all my own. With the exception of his looks, I gave Mac his look details and he drew him out for me.

BultarSwan likes this.
  5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    For me, Alec is mostly influenced by what I believe was the last game before I joined Shadow War: that being Dark Odyssey. In that game, I ended up playing an exiled Jedi who's emotions and (at times) naivete either got him severely injured or nearly killed. And Fins and LordT were a pair that so loved to use such emotions against you [face_skull] At the end of Odyssey (which I got my character out alive by the skin of his teeth), I was emotionally drained and exhausted for the first time in my RPing career. So I took a break and then decided to join Shadow War. As my last Jedi character was one that had blundered due to his emotions, I decided to not make the same mistake and created a character who's emotions would be tightly-controlled. This led to Alec being a more old-school Jedi as, quite frankly, there are just a lot of players that like to be a more exceptional Jedi to the point where old-school is rather underrated.

And the fact that he may end up meeting a rogue order of Jedi meant that there could be interesting conflicts that could be had :p Besides, I always prefer more cool-headed characters that didn't allow emotions to cloud their thinking and would be more analytical instead. A character, as Alec had shown, that was capable of making the hard decisions if the odds were heavily against him.

However, my timeline mistake and Sinre's correction to start off Alec as a Padawan ended up proving to be dumb luck. By putting Alec in a position between Padawan and Knight, its allowed me to start at a point where I hadn't been in a long time: that of a Jedi that is still a student. Lot of my previous Jedi characters tended to be experienced Knights so its very refreshing to have Alec still attached to the student level. As I've no doubt stated a bunch of times in this thread, it has given me ideas that I would like to implement one of these days :p

As for Alec's gift in the Shatterpoint...that one was a mix. The Shatterpoint ability is partly due to the fact that the novel Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover was a source of last-minute inspiration that allowed to save my Dark Odyssey character so I decided to honor it by using it. There was also the fact that I was enjoying a seven-film anime known as Kara no Kyoukai where the main heroine, Shiki Ryougi, possessed what was known as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception after a near-death experience that allowed her, similar to the Shatterpoint, see the weaknesses of people and objects in the form of lines that, if she cut along them, would result in death or destruction of the person or object.

This power would also extend to time and space as, during a confrontation that takes place in a side story with a mad bomber who can see the future, she is shown capable of cutting off any timeline that ended with her losing.

Obviously there is no way that I would make Alec that overpowered but I decided to use the Shatterpoint as an ability to constantly test his resolve: as in, despite having the power to see the weaknesses of anything and anyone, he cannot allow it to delude his thoughts to think he's unstoppable or to abuse the power. Instead, the Shatterpoint would allow him to see that life is indeed fragile and that the Jedi's place in the galaxy was to protect it.

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Okay, that's a good question. Obviously influenced by the KOTOR comics, and I found it odd that the Arkanians and their genetic experiments/modifications were pretty much forgotten after that point. So I decided to bring them back, because there's no reason the offshoots might not have survived. Added to that, I'd already read all of TSW at that point, so I liked the idea of having a species that was especially short-lived (~55 years) when there were a bunch in the game that were very long-lived.

It's also my first RPG in quite a while so I was out of most of my habits (probably for the best). Usually I write louder characters, extroverts, so I switched up for a quieter character to try writing someone who'd rather listen than speak. However there's one thing I consistently can't do in RP is write someone who can't or doesn't know how to fight in some sort of hand-to-hand method, so I wanted her already a bit trained, which made me work backwards in writing her history. Not sure I'd make the same choices again but what's done is done. That Eira's mother and sister were adopted and of two other species was actually a joke from when I couldn't decide what species Eira was going to be, so I threw them all in. Of course, their little weird adopted family and the back room fighting was influenced by the Mandalorians I was still learning about at the time. There was lots of little things thrown into the history that aren't important but I found interesting anyway, like the idea of a Jedi scholar leaving the order because she disagreed with their increasingly war-like stance, because few leave the order peacefully.

Um other than that by the point I'd hashed it all out I realised I needed a character motivation that'd make Eira interested in joining the Jedi or at least meeting them because she so didn't care until I sent her on a hunt for her sister. But now she's been stuck in the temple for months, moving in slow motion while the rest of the universe whizzes on; who will save the Jedi from their slow-moving fate? :p

Sarge221 and BultarSwan like this.
  7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Josch's appearance was initially influenced by Link of the Legend of Zelda series, but his traits and story stem from several different Anglo-Saxon and Germanic mythologies of Elves, Fay, and other woodland guardians.

Voj on the other hand, is purely my warped desire to bring my two Star Wars passions, Mandalorians and Jedi, together. Long before the KotOR comic series was introduced I had started writing a FanFiction (still not near being complete) in which a group of Force Using Mandalorians roam the galaxy assisting those in need, but they were not bound by anyone code or credo.

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    TSW is/was my first RPG, so I wanted to keep my character fairly me-based.

I am an avid bookworm (reading anything and everything - even under the covers by glow-rod in my younger years!) and do have an interest in Archaeology (blame Time Team for that!). Same goes for the Magic stuff, although I've never really tried to do any in RL - but it might come in handy if any baddie gets clever, makes their detention area a Force-free zone and tries to imprison me (and any of the Jedi I'm with) in it!

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Ah, the force-free prison. Takes me back. :p

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nothing to say about your character to add to the discussion Bult? >.> Everyone else be sharing!

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Zey being fairly new hasn't really been entirely fleshed out yet. But the inspiration for him comes mainly from the bits and pieces I know about Lord Hoth and from Arligan Zey from the Republic Commando series.

Taab is taken from a variety of Mandalorian characters, some of which completely contradict one another. There are bits of Walon Vau in there, some from Kal Skirata, even Ghez Hokan. Other parts I took from the Gunny Highway character from the movie Heartbreak Ridge. Some is even from my own real world experiences. He is by far the most complex character I have ever run. Some of it I have hinted at, though it doesn't always come out in my writing of him. Even the way he assigns his nicknames for everyone has a meaning.

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    There's a lot of random little things that went into Kambie. Got her name from Marcus Cambie of the NYK and Denver Nuggets. Her photo and some if her personality is based on Louise from The Young Riders. She comes from a big family because I always wanted a big family. She's much more willing to fight for what she wants than me cause I hate how people run all over me in RL. A lot of Kambie is what I wish I was. But I made her a farm girl and I am all city girl. Just to challenge myself, I guess.

BultarSwan likes this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Keria Colias-Decinchi is a mixture of Fress Colias and Josch Decinchi which we're still in the process of fleshing out.

She looks like Fress but has Josch's ears. I suspect she would be a mixture of where Mac got his inspiration from and where I got mine from. And what ever other traits and quirks she picked up in her long life :D

14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I suppose I could join in. :p

Miria debuted as my first ever rp character. I was new to the boards and new to Star Wars and all I wanted was to be a jedi. Her original name was 'Swan'. Yes, I know. All I wanted out of my character was fun with a story mixed in so that I could enjoy the boards with some close friends who shared an interest in the force and role play. As I got older and she grew up, I realized, after the first few rpgs that I didn't want to lay down that character quite yet. I still loved the Galactic Defenders (as we were called way back when :p ) and even though a lot of characters came and went as people drifted in and out it became a sort of game to keep growing my character. She started out as unsure, getting her bearings and needing to know how things were done.

Eventually, I learned that she had a twin sister and why she wanted to be a jedi, as well as what would pull her and drive her. As the years went by irl and in-game, I of course couldn't keep a human being around, she'd be about 146 years old, which is much too old for a human. So I changed species to Firrerreo so that I could at least keep some traditions and historical aspects of the group alive as well as keep working on my favorite character. It's been a great way to have fun and meet people who would like to play Jedi.

Recently I've moved her towards leadership and relationships. The former has always been a part of the character; she was a council member the moment she joined the the Galactic Defenders and accepted the role. The latter, well. I made her so I could get to know my friends and learn some writing skills (which, admittedly came much later :p ).

I'm probably leaving things out but it's really long now so I'll stop. >.>

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, the TARDIS may be burning up a small sun for me to make this post but I shall do so any way. Feels good to post in here ;)

With Hochner I was wanting to try something new, I had just wrapped up a game with a Sith character by TSG and LordT, before that I had done other grey or shadowy characters and a Vong, so I really just wanted to do a player cleanse with a Jedi. But the last time I played a Jedi I was a saber wielding force pushing "Huzah! Follow me to the Light!" type Jedi. Thinking of Yoda's quote from the PT of the problem with the newer Jedi before their end of being more arrogant, and seeing it in what I had played I felt an anti-thesis needed to be tried. Thus this is where Hochner got the qualities of being more of a subservient Jedi, and focused on Hand-to-hand instead of Lightsaber dueling.

Obviously from the name, to me at least, I took it from the show Criminal Minds, and lightly used that to tweek his personality a touch. Although with playing him so far that aspect hasn't come out much yet. Trevalus I just generated from Kubaz names listed on Wookiepedia. As for other influences I liked the Makashi way of dealing with things and kinda was hoping to make a breakthrough for it. . .which hasn't come yet. Oh well. As always things are a case in progress and fleshing out some of his backstory on the offsite has been good in grounding the character as well.

Sent from a TARDIS enabled relay

BultarSwan likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I would be interested to hear how you came up with the idea for Jeth. He's quite the character ;)

17. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Long live the GoL!

18. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    Can I become a Jedi?

19. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Welcome Journeyman!

Let me summon the grandmasters for you.

CPL_Macja and BultarSwan

We have a candidate!!!

JourneymanFett likes this.
  20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    You can! Start off by reading the first post. And when you're done, tag me. :)

JourneymanFett likes this.
  21. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  23. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  24. JourneymanFett