main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey, at least I didn't ask for an autograph. :p

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Can I get an autograph?

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I said no autographs!

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Surely Sarge the Magnificent can find it in his heart to make an exception.

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    No exceptions!

That's why I'm best Sarge: I don't give in to flattery <.<

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You could have my autograph, but I would have to charge you for it. :p

[​IMG]

8. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

Vader fell to the dark side primarily because he wanted to save Padme. He didn't care about anything else. Not the Jedi, not the Republic, just saving his wife. Also, he wanted more power.

Jacen actually analyzed Vader's fall to see if his own reasons were similar to his grandfather's. They weren't. The fact that he believed he had all the answers doesn't make him selfish, it makes him arrogant. The only reason he actually agreed to join the Sith was because he truly believed he wouldn't be corrupted, and because he believed it was the only way to save the galaxy from war and destruction.

JediFalcon and BultarSwan like this.
  9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I get y'all's electronic autographs while you're all sleeping. But shhh temple secret. :p

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    'Tis a problem with a lot of your so-called "chosen ones" or others that are widely considered to have a special destiny that needs to be fulfilled: they put themselves above others and, in extreme instances, believe that only they can perform a duty without any help. Valerian's examples of Jacen's arrogant view of the Force and the Jedi are definitely good examples. On the day he had chosen to become Lumiya's apprentice, he had slain Nelani Dinn, declaring that she was a deflector that could send the future into chaos and that she was too young and weak to correct it. Throughout his reign, Jacen had always sought to manipulate and control the Jedi and the various members of the Galactic Alliance but never work with them which was partially responsible for his downfall when the entire Jedi Order, the Hapes Consortium, and portions of the GA itself pulled away from him while some of those who chose to remain (such as Gavin Darklighter and a number of Moffs) held little to no respect for him as he tended to do things the way he wanted and hardly ever explained the reasons for his actions to those who followed him.

Anakin Skywalker had this same problem as well; his unwillingness to trust his own comrades leading him to his downfall. Had he waited as Mace Windu had ordered him to and trusted that the Jedi strike team against Palpatine would put an end to his evil, the Clone Wars could've turned out very differently. Instead, he had chosen to go with a man who he knew was a Sith Lord but believed he could nonetheless learn what he needed to save Padme and (as he would declare later) overthrow Palpatine and make everything right.

Luke Skywalker had been chosen to fulfill the great objective of overthrowing Palpatine, Vader, and the entire Empire from the seat of galactic power and restore the Jedi Order. One farmboy was supposed to do all that? He didn't. While he had fired the shots that had destroyed the first Death Star, it was only his fellow Rebel pilots and the intervention of Han Solo that allowed him to take the short in the first place. With the backing of the Rebel Alliance that continued to gain allies from the diplomatic skills of Leia Organa, he had access to resources and fellow pilots and soldiers who would assist him in his fight against the Empire and - once the New Republic was established - reconstruct the Jedi Order. Hell, he didn't even strike the blow that took down Palpatine: he ended up being the catalyst that caused Darth Vader to throw Palpatine into the heart of the Second Death Star while Wedge Antilles and Lando Calrissian fired the shots that destroyed the battle station.

Jaina Solo seems to flip and flop when it comes to this. At times, her designation as Sword of the Jedi would influence her to taking the fight to her enemies by herself without any assistance from her friends and comrades. The most obvious example would be when it was decided that she would be the one that would take on her brother and defeat him. At first, she had been willing to engage him headfirst, believing she had all that was needed to defeat him. However, it was the intervention of Jag and others who would snap her out of it and allow her to find new skills and training elsewhere. While she knew that it was she that would be his opponent, she nonetheless found support from her comrades; from Luke Skywalker who taught her new Force techniques, Boba Fett who taught her more physical ones, and the numerous other Mandalorians and Jedi who gave her the opening she needed to engage and ultimately kill Jacen Solo. Even with such heavy responsibilities, she has allowed herself to relax and not completely cut off her own personal life as can be plainly see with her relationship - and later marriage - to Jagged Fel.

Of course, we'll see how she continues doing once her own book trilogy is released to record her future adventures :p

General Valerian and BultarSwan like this.
  11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Palpatine used Padme in the equation to get Anakin to fall by promising something that should've never been promised. To save Padme from dying. It's a shame it took Luke nearly killing Vader to get him to see just how wrong Vader was. If Anakin let go of his fear of losing Padme. The outcome would've been a lot different.

Not sure on the Jacen downfall. I didn't read past Dark Journey...

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    To be fair, in general I dislike Jacen. Was a whiny brat during the whole thing with the Vong and then became an arrogant jerk from Dark Nest to his death. The fact that he was trying to be a wannabe combination of Vader and Palpatine didn't help and any of the "political masterminding" the authors tried to make him accomplish was dumb.

The phrase "Make a law to change laws" still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Seriously, how Jacen managed to walk away with most of the GA fleet from Fondor is just mindboggling.

13. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013

I was going to mention Nelani's death as an example as well, but it was pretty similar to killing his dhuryam friend, so I thought it'd sound repetitive.

And I agree. The writer's attempts to make Jacen somewhat like Palpatine are pathetic, imo.

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Jacen didn't kill the dhuryam though. He almost did after he killed the other dhuryam but was stopped by Vergere and the dhuryam became the World Brain on Coruscant. It was Alema Rar who would accidentally kill it with a poisoned dart.

15. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    But he was going to, and he killed the other dhuryam.

Probably Delani was a better example, but the point remains. :p

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I see, I see <.<

General Valerian likes this.
  17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    He is Padme's grandson after all ;)

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I don't know if you're saying that to explain him being a whiny brat/arrogant jerk or getting most of the GA fleet to side with him <.<

19. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I think she's referring to Jacen's political side not being so senseless because he was Padme's grandson.

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Still senseless :p

Leia: *hold diplomatic negotiations, draw on the opposite party's moralities and how it can benefit from an alliance, and win!*
    Jacen: *rant, scream, do whatever he wants, screw over everyone who even disagrees with him on what the current time is, gets Galactic Alliance*

See? I don't get it :confused: I mean clearly Leia got those sweet negotiation skillz but I'm pretty sure it skipped....the entire Solo children generation.

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, Jacen may have had the diplomatic genes, but he reeeallllyyy didn't show it. IMO.

22. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    His attempt at showing it was truly disgraceful... Padme would've facepalmed herself if she saw his grandson dealing with political issues.

23. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Uh... .Hope I'm not interrupting. :p Anyway, General Valerian, I just wanted to let you know that I might not get your next task together until a little later in the week. Apparently, keeping me busy every second I'm not at work is what used car dealerships are for. :p

24. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013

lol, don't worry, Master. Just tag me when it's ready. :)

25. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks, Padawan. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.