main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the GOL. Are you interested in joining?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't know enough yet. I'm considering. Are the rules and such at the beginning of the thread?

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    yes they are, best to start there and if you have any questions feel free to ask

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    On the topic of the RP: I know you're all still waiting on me, and I'm sorry for holding it up so long. I should have time Tuesday/Wednesday so just hope I remember how to write by then.

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Tis alright Becca... we're patient. We are Jedi after all :D

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Mitth_Fisto and Falcon like this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    No worries Becca,

7. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

Great. I'll get to it tonight or during the week.

The_Zeltron likes this.
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    What would the Initiate Phase entail? I saw that it's a two week trial, I think? I'm not sure about this but I'm interested to try.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Pretty much it is a get to know you period... we'll ask various questions some serious others light hearted but nothing too painful (we reserve that for the trials ;) )

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Did someone say make mention of pain? [face_devil]

[​IMG]

11. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Not yet Mando, not yet :p

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Okay, so what should I do?

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Just ignore our friendly neighborhood Mando-Mod, Cushing's Admirer . He likes to make jest.

Well.... if you wise to join as an initiate then you can tell us why you would like to join... if you just want to be a friend of the order all you have to do is hang out and chat with us :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm noticing. However it is hard for me to read jest/humour so thanks for the clarification, CPL. Well, I'd like to try the trial period I think but I'm not sure if I'll stay. I used to be in the NJT but I left because of difference of opinion. Mostly, I'd like to make friends. I've seen many here in EUC but I don't really know you.

I'd like to see if I can fit in here or not. I do not fully condone either Jedi or Sith Code in entirety. I termed myself a grey Jedi before and after leaving the NJT. I believe the aspirations of the Jedi are decent but the way they are handled leaves much to be desired. Shall I break done the Code and how I take it? Which version?

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Certainly.... break down the Code. Analysts choice as to which one you want to break.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    There is no emotion, there is peace.​

Well, first, there absolutely is emotion. I think what it's saying is that Jedi aspire and strive for peace. In order to achieve both inner peace within oneself and foster it within others a Jedi must seek balance, understanding, perception, and empathy. These qualities will assist a Jedi in achieving peace.​

Emotion is core to a sapient's life. It is the principle driving force for why we seek connection to others, wider understanding of the Universe, and it helps foster relationships and trust between individuals, factions, groups and such like. What I think this one is speaking to is motivation and approach. That a Jedi can't be unreasoned or unduly rash. His focus should be generally outward to serve others and resolve conflicts peacefully whenever possible.​

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.​

This line of the Code speaks to the Jedi's continuous quest to understand himself, the Force, and the Universe as a whole. Like the entire Code it seems an aspiration as well as a warning pertaining to behaviour and personal conduct. It denotes how vital growth is and hints that being stagnant is dangerous.​

There is no passion, there is serenity.​

This one is very closely related to the first line. Once again, passions are very real. What's more they are not all negative as the Jedi as presented suggest/state. Empathy, love, joy, compassion are all deep and strong passions yet can lend great depth and richness to one's life. I think the goal is not to allow negativity to taint/rule your actions or dictate your intentions.​

There is no death, there is the Force.​

Death is a reality as well. However, I believe this line speaks to a Jedi's belief in a greater existence, a higher plane beyond the physical realm. I believe it is meant to be the Spiritual component of a Jedi's life.​

Sorry I corrected a typo and the spacing went odd.

CPL_Macja and Falcon like this.
  19. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Well put, CA, and welcome to the GoL! :)

I must admit that my own take on the first three stanzas of the Code is that Jedi should never act when emotional, ignorant or passionate, but should only act when at peace, through knowledge and when serene.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, Tim. I could never do that nor condone it. You're suggesting all emotion and passion is negative by that stance and that isn't so. Jedi nor sapients are machines. I believe a Jedi's goal is balance not utter denial of vital aspects of existence.

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    But as I believe Tim is alluding to, what if there is another choice beyond indulgence and suppression? A third option. Something more subtle beyond the pairs of opposites that transcends them, somehow includes them and yet allows one to act from a place of equanimity. What if this peace, knowledge and serenity referred to are unconditional and attributes of the all-pervading Force Itself? This state and perspective is, as I understand it, the goal of a Jedi in which to become permanently established.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    What is the difference between this view and the views of the ancient Potentium sect?

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    As stated in the Code it's pretty unattainable by mortals. It's too strict. That is why I stated I feel they are aspirations rather than tangible realities a Jedi can achieve in his moral life.

I do not know, CPL. Is this a task? Should I look it up on the Wook? If so, what am I comparing?

Falcon likes this.
  24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Its an open question for all... use whatever resources are at your disposal

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well, that's interesting. According to what I read though it also seems full of contriction. However, if I understood the text right, followers of the Potentium believe the origin of good and evil or darkness and light is rooted in the motive of the Force wielder not the Force itself. To an extent I agree with this. While there is absolute right and wrong, motive plays a huge part in driving an individual's actions.Mistakes and misjusdgements can lead to growth and new realisations. I am living proof of it. I am coming off of two and a half years of well-intentioned bad decisions. Now that I am finally released from my trial I am beginning afresh wiser, battle-worn, and more cautious.

I always saw the Force as the closest to a concept of Spirit as there is in SW. I have always felt to say the Force is divided is erroneous. It is the manner through which those that wield it's power that are divided to me. There is only one Force.

Falcon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.