main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    My Paddy has registered for the offsite. The username is Obi Wan Kenobi......I think. :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I saw that and validated him. I also deleted a bazillion fakes. So yeah. If you need any permissions for the offsite tell us asap because if you look weird and you have a weird name it may get deleted accidentally.

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Mission #1: Define the Force in your own words,

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.’ Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, in conversation with future Grand Master Luke Skywalker on Tatooine, 0 BBY.

The Force is a fundamental feature of the universe, like gravity or electromagnetism but, unlike these other forces only a relative minority of sentient beings can feel and interact with it, we call these persons ‘Force Sensitives’. ‘Force Sensitives’ that seek to use it for the betterment of the galaxy are called Jedi and those who use it harm or rule others, Sith. Many believe that The Force has no will of its own and that one’s alignment is in how one uses it. Much like a hammer can be an implement of building and of war. We believe that life itself gives The Force its power, in much the same way that mass gives objects gravity or charged particles interact with electromagnetism. We also have some idea about how ‘Force Sensitives’ can interact with it. Current theory points towards microorganisms called midi-chlorians, there appears to be a strong correlation between high midi-chlorian count and Force potential. The Force when used by trained ‘Force Sensitives’ can have a multitude of effects from moving objects telekinetically to telepathy. It can also be used to enhance the senses and physical strength of the user. The Force is split into two different overarching philosophies, the Living Force, which focuses on how Force Sensitives’ actions effect the present and the immediate future and the connection of life to the Force. The Unifying Force, on the ohter hand, views the nature of the Force differently, seeing it as a way to glimpse future events and to find one’s destiny, believing that it has a will of its own and that it is their mission to carry it out. Though out the long history of Force Sensitives, the Living Force has been the dominate philosophy. In conclusion The Force is an omnipresent energy that connects the galaxy, is split into two philosophies, and can be manipulated by ‘Force Sensitives’ for good or for ill.

I hope this is acceptable, Tim Battershell BultarSwan CPL_Macja

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Good work, Padawan, like it!

When your OffSite problem is resolved, please post it over there, in the meantime....

Mission 2:

Please describe the Pillars of the Jedi in your own words and highlight why you think they are so important.

galactic-vagabond422
    One week, please, Padawan.

BultarSwan likes this.
  5. IronThor1

IronThor1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2015
    that is a very good way to define the force

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    IronThor1 What is the first thing a jedi must do when they come upon a situation that demands their attention when it involves other people?

7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Mission 2: Please describe the Pillars of the Jedi in your own words and highlight why you think they are so important.

Pillars of the Jedi

First The Force, it connects the galaxy and give a Jedi their power. It surrounds them every hour of every day. To not study it, to not learn its facets would be to deny a part of you, the Jedi and The Force are linked symbiotically, it is in their blood. It is important because it is linked to everything the Jedi are, not just the power it gives but, the connection to the universe, seeing what others do not, that everything is connected.

Second Knowledge, it solves more problems and defeats more enemies than brute force ever will. Knowledge, and more importantly, wisdom, are powerful tools that when used in conjunction with the Force can overcome any obstacle. It is important because without it, the Jedi wouldn’t be able to fulfill their purpose, to preserve peace, as effectively, seeing only symptoms and not root causes.

Third and finally Self-Discipline is controlling ones emotions, especially in combat, which should only be taken up when all other options have failed. Being disciplined means knowing when to stop fighting, to protect yourself and perverse the life of your opponent. There are times when killing is unavoidable but, Jedi should never seek out such opportunities, especially for revenge. It is important because Knowledge and the Force are powerful and can change the course of the galaxy, only through self-discipline can Jedi avoid using such power for personal gain, or to harm others.

I hope this is acceptable Tim Battershell BultarSwan CPL_Macja

BultarSwan and Tim Battershell like this.
  8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    I like that answer very much, Padawan!

Mission 3:

Part 1:-

Using the material in the archives (including the Lightsaber Training Manual on the offsite), please research the Standard Lightsaber Combat Forms (I to V) and write a brief description, in your own words, pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Part 2:-
    You are already proficient in Form I. Please select one of the other Standard Forms that can be studied at this stage (Forms II to V) for further training, and explain why you have chosen it.

This is a slightly more difficult Mission, Padawan, but I am confident that you will complete it successfully.

galactic-vagabond422

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Observes the appys training...

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Observes Addie observing the appys training.

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    *Creeps around too.* :p

12. IronThor1

IronThor1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2015
    Jedi must make sure the saftey of the other people is prioity and also try to deal with what ever the threat is as quickly as possible and properly according to the jedi code.

@ BultarSwan

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    lurks observing the training

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    *Sticks her head in*

O:)[face_batting]

Adalia-Durron and BultarSwan like this.
  15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry I haven't posted. Job hunting is fun.

I'll try to get something up over the weekend.

16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

You're kidding.... Right? :p;)

Thanks!

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Nobody missed me?

*goes out with her head down*

:(:_|

18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Of course we missed (are missing) you, Padawan!

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Did my messaging you at inappropriate times (sorry again for the times in the past!) not make you think otherwise? What blasphemy is this?! :p [:D] Looking forward to our next chat. :)

20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Not that, Swannie. Just that I haven't got the time to answer :p ....moving toward exam time in school now....I am busy from the beginning, just getting worse....

:D
    [:D]

21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    [:D] Ah I see. Fun times lol. When you have some time message me. :)

22. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Will do, Swannie! :D Always love to have peole to talk to on FB. :)

BultarSwan likes this.
  23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Orrrr... you could come here! :D ;) Either way. :)

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Don't worry, I disappeared during your Jedi thingy and no one seemed to notice, you included! LOL! :p

25. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *returns from the galactic fringes via public transport dustily clad as a refugee*

Greetings fellow Jedi & Mandalorian sentinel. :p

BultarSwan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.