main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Sure...what and where do you have in mind? Paddy, Agent M and I had one going over in the RPF Lightsaber Thread that has come to a standstill...we could just start from there or put up a fresh post there or somewhere else and I will follow your lead. :D

Jedi Master Kenobiwan

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Okay. Let me think of something to post first. :p :D

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very well Beyfak . For future reference please do not copy and paste from Wookieepedia for most of your discussion. I prefer to hear your own thoughts and feelings as the majority of information, and the quotes a side margin. [face_cowboy]

Meet me at the off site training area were the logs are kept in the temple barricade, you will see those that have practiced the blade there and we shall try to hone your use of Ataru there.

While that task is being wrapped up please add your completed tasks to your training log on the offsite.

BultarSwan likes this.
  4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been kept busy with other projects...I'll try and whip something together this weekend though.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  5. Beyfak

Beyfak Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2015
    Understood, Master Mitth_Fisto. I am sorry and I will try to complete my tasks better.*bows*

Also, here is my opinion about the seven traditional combat forms if you want to see it:
    Shii-Cho: This is the first combat form which a Jedi learn it. Also, some Jedi choose to practice it till they'll become one with the Force, like Jedi Master Kit Fisto
    Makashi: Usually, this combat form is practised by many Sith like Darth Tyrannus, Asajj Ventress or Grievous. A few lot of Jedi practice this combat form also.
    Soresu: This combat form is a defensive one practised in the purpose of defending the people around us.
    Ataru: It is an offensive combat form. This combat form is practiced by using the Force in the acrobatic moves, so the user can't get tired easily.
    Shien/ Djem So: In this combat forms, the user uses strong hits
    Niman: It is a combat form usually used by Jedi Consulars. It is a mixture of the other five combat forms
    Juyo/Vaapad: This combat forms is very dangerous for a Jedi because their style of combat needs anger, and that can lead to the Dark Side. Vaapad was created by Mace Windu

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Note to ALL JEDI MASTERS.

You may NOT have padawns learning forms VI and VII. These are restricted to knight and higher as they use aggression.

That is all...

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Noted.

goes back to deep meditation

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really hate when things come up and take up all of my time...

Sorry about that...

9. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    How's everyones summer going so far? It's very hot and sunny in my corner of the globe :)

EDIT:

If/When I get my knighthood, I'm gonna have Zurros Fight with Form VII :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good my Padawan. Very good.

Now as DRL is chewing on my leg at the moment I think I shall give the next task as the lightsaber continues on the off-site.

What was the significance of the cave on Dagobah? Why did Luke fail in this? Now these are questions that can lead down many paths, even more now then when I last contemplated them as more of the past has come to light, so please go on at length on your own feelings, conclusions, and even probing guessing to larger implications of it all as part of Jedi's training.

BultarSwan, Ananta Chetan and Falcon like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Chewing on your leg? You sure that isn't edee? :p

[​IMG]

12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    No I do not believe it is a Manka Cat, it is not nearly that cute nor cuddly. . . that is the Edee you meant? Right? :p

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  14. Beyfak

May 12, 2015
    In my opinion, the evil cave showed the fear of Luke to become like Vader, in actions, feelings(revenge, hate), fighting and thinking(per short, to not embrace the Dark Side), while he's trying to save the people who loves him; and not that Vader is his father. The evil cave represents the fears of a man, fears which a every man must watch them carefully to not become real; defeat or put them aside to save and protect the people. That means to be human.

BultarSwan, Mitth_Fisto and Agent M like this.
  15. Beyfak

May 12, 2015
    I'm sorry for double-posting, but my mother interrupt me because I wrote this text at 3 hours after midnight.
    Yoda sent him there to face his fears, otherwise the fears will destroy him in the future. A Jedi shouldn't afraid of Dark Side or hate it(even that leads to Dark Side), because he must always know that he will never embrace it. We must feel sorry about the people who embraced the Dark Side and help them to turn back on the Light Side, and not to hate them and destroy them(if it is possible).

This is my opinion of the evil cave on Dagobah, and what it represents for me, my Master Mitth_Fisto

BultarSwan and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I promised that I will send a whole battalion out to find my Paddie if he doesn't return on my b-day....the day has arrived, but I'm gonna give him four hours to turn himself in. :p

Obi Wan Kenobi.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, his profile says he hasn't been on in *checks date*

Exactly two months.

18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Gotta find him then. Tag him, tag him and TAAAAAG HIM!

Obi Wan Kenobi.

Jedi Knight Fett and BultarSwan like this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good Beyfak. I do have a follow up question for you, do you think whether Luke had left instead of taking his weapons that his experience in the cave may have been any different?

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. Beyfak

May 12, 2015
    No, whatever he would took with him or not, the meeting with his greatest fears was implacable. The greatest weapon of a Jedi is his mind.

Mitth_Fisto

Ananta Chetan and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hmm. I see and I understand your stance on this and appreciate it. Trust me if you spend any time in Lit discussing something this you will learn how nice it is to have a simple and heart felt answer like the one you gave.

Now are you interested in the roll-playing aspect of the boards at all, or merely the Jedi portion here? I ask as this will influence our duel a bit on the off-site. Which is going to be a bit longer than your response either way. ;) Go ahead and read back a bit on the previous duels in the thread, focusing on how the Masters posted to their Padawans to get a better feel for the posting flow.

Your next task here is as follows. Please describe and define the three pillars of the Jedi

[​IMG].

22. Beyfak

May 12, 2015
    I'm interested just about the Jedi portion.

Task 5, Master Mitth_Fisto
    There are three Pillars of Jedi Strength. They are The Force, Knowledge, and Self-Discipline. For a Jedi to be successful they must have all three pillars in balance. Just as it takes three legs to make a tripod or to make a table stand, so must Jedi training be founded on the three pillars.
    The Force is a binding, metaphysical, and ubiquitous power. Also The Force is the inculcation of the attitudes of a Jedi, and the benefits that having such attitudes bring. A Jedi is in balance. A Jedi is selfless. A Jedi is calm and at peace. When we allow these attitudes to prevail, we will find ourselves creating right action in all we do.
    Knowledge is the center pillar, and it should be the center of a Jedi’s life. Only through knowledge can we combat ignorance. The life of a Jedi should be one of constant learning, constant self-improvement. Through diligent study, a Jedi will broaden their horizons and be able to embrace new facts and ideas. That is the reason why Jedi become Master after many years of serving
    Self-Discipline is a necessary ingredient to walk the Jedi Path. Jedi do not seek to control others, but instead seek to master themselves. Without self-discipline a Jedi cannot get far in their training. Part of self-discipline is personal responsibility. Ultimately we are responsible for our own fate, determined by the decisions we have made in the circumstances we find ourselves in. We can't blame someone else for our actions A Jedi does not blame others for shortcomings and failures, and uses such setbacks as a learning experience. A self-disciplined Jedi will be industrious, and in control of their emotions. Having no unnecessary attachments they can act forthrightly and without fear. In many times, we must think about controlling our feelings.

23. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm really sorry for the lack of posts...I've been really busy on top of being sick the last couple of days. I'll do the best I can to get a post up today.

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    For sixth and not final task: Please describe the Force, it's different aspects as seen by the Jedi, and how one other non-Jedi Force using group views the Force. Compare how they are similar or differ. Then your own feelings on the Force based off of these studies.

BultarSwan likes this.
  25. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Master, I have completed my task.

Mission Seven: The Pillars of the Jedi

There are three pillars with which the Jedi Order is held up by. All three are equally important. Without all three to hold the Jedi up we would not be able to stand. The three pillars are The Force, Knowledge, and Self-Discipline.

The First Pillar: The Force

The Force is the first pillar because it is at the center of who we are, and it encompasses all things. Those who have been gifted with Force-sensitivity have the ability to feel it around them. The Jedi devote themselves to understanding the Force. We are bathed in its energy as it guides us along our paths. The Force has three aspects to it; the Living Force which we can feel in plants and animals, and in ourselves as it strengthens us, the Unifying Force which guides us to our destinies, it allows us to see visions of the future, and of the galaxy, and finally the dark side, which should not be embraced as it is a lesser portion of the force that blinds you to the fullness of the Force as a whole. Through training, and meditation the Jedi can grow in their understanding of the Force and its abilities as it flows through us.

The Second Pillar: Knowledge

Knowledge is what makes us who we are. It gives us our traditions, our history, the ways that we train, without knowledge it is impossible for us to track who we are. Knowledge is not limited to our history. Knowledge teaches us how to fight, how to meditate, how to complete our missions. The Jedi hold archives where one can go to learn all about our order. It contains star charts that show important Jedi landmarks, or different temples and refuges. You can find teachings of the masters of old. Knowledge is also not limited to the physical records we keep, but it encompasses all pursuits of the mind. The Jedi seek knowledge and understanding. We meditate to expand our knowledge. We explore the galaxy to expand our knowledge. The Jedi are knowledge seekers, always ready to study and learn.

The Third Pillar: Self-Discipline

Self-Discipline deals with the control of the body. If the Jedi lacks control they could never achieve one-ness with the force, or even enough skill to wield a lightsaber. In order to gain the proper control befitting a Jedi, the Jedi must meditate. Reflecting on the Force, and on ourselves helps us to gain a deeper understanding of who we are, and what causes us to be uncontrolled. It is through identifying our weaknesses that we are able to overcome them. When we have achieved meditation we can then go on to the physical aspects of self-discipline. Wielding a lightsaber is as much an art as it is anything else. A lightsaber isn’t solely a weapon, but a tool, and a companion. Self-discipline is important for learning how to fight, but also to know when to restrain ourselves.

All three pillars are important. As Jedi, we do well to know them, and to respect them.

Ananta Chetan and Falcon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.