main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Active in five RPGs signed up for four more and GMing one, it's official I have no life.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Active in one RP, but writing...oh, six or so fanfics. :p

3. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    NINE RPGs at a time?! [face_laugh] Force, I thought the long-time Shadow-War and both Dueling threads were a lot to be involved in!

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Don't do what I did and accidentally post in the wrong one :p

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Did that myself the other day - fortunately in the OOC PM thread! Too many Tabs active on my Browser - one per RPG! It's handy for composing posts off-line in Notepad.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    it happens

I've accidentally double posted a couple of times because I had too many browsers open and didn't keep track of what was going on in the thread.

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Double posts seem to try to happen for me when the boards (or my connection) is/are slow. Normally I copy what I've written (if it's an on-the-fly post) then refresh and re-check. Quite often the post that apparently didn't go through is sitting right there - with an innocent little smile on its face!

Falcon likes this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I find the boards tend to hiccup around 4 in the morning my time every single day. It used to happen at 2 in the morning on the old boards, but it's been bumped by a couple of hours. Not sure why though.

It seems to take forever to post then you think it hasn't gone through, then you hit it one more time for good measure then turns out the first one went through.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I suppose my keeping ONE tab for this forum is ultimately a good thing then! :p My only issue is the occasional double-post after hitting Enter too many times...

Tim Battershell likes this.
  11. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    I generally have a separate word document set aside for each game I'm in, helps with keeping me in the right voice for the character.

And Padawan4687 it's technically TEN games, I count the one I'm GMing separate from the rest, and not all the one's I'm signed up for look hopeful of starting up.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Like my system with Notepad.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I can still remember running two RPs at once myself. That was...more work than expected.

Not that six fanfics plus god only know how many little snippets isn't a lot of work in it's own right, mind.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Do you have one for your DRL character as well? :p

15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    With all the talk about RPG's, I just remembered that I never put a new Shadow War post up! [face_laugh] Whoops, I'd better rectify that...and I have plenty of time to, thanks to a long weekend!

16. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawan Task #3
    AbsolX

Part I
    Briefly describe Lightsaber Forms 1-5 and then choose the one that best suits your temperament that you would initially like to learn and tell us why?

Part 2
    Describe a Jedi's relationship with their lightsaber both philosophically and practically. Then post a pic/ image (or describe in detail) of what you would like and imagine your lightsaber to look like one day when you get the opportunity to design your own. Tell us why you chose that particular design as well.

You may use the web image of a blade of any Jedi within the GFFA as your model. Make sure to tag me upon receiving these instructions either via liking this post or responding in thread to confirm you have your assignment, padawan. ;)

AbsolX likes this.
  17. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ananta Chetan
    Part 1
    Form 1 or Basic Form: The basic form is the first form a padawan must learn. The moves are basic parries and sticks. The main way form 1 users end battles is by disarming. It uses wide sweeping attacks.
    Form 2 or The Contention Form: Form 2 is the main form against a single opponent. It is very similar to the real world sport of fencing. It is elegant and focused. The fluidity of form 2 can seem daunting in a first duel against a user. It lacks the acrobatics of the speedy form of IV
    Form 3 or the Defense Form: This form was mainly taught during the Clone Wars. However, this form was based on defense and was sometimes criticized for its inability to attack.
    Form 4 orJumping Form: This form requires the use of force during battle. It has the needed speed of Form 2 but requires more room. Usually, a smaller Jedi could use this to force jump around a large foe.
    Form 5: This form was very similar to Form 3, however, it had expanded to bolt deflection. Rather than dragging the battle against blaster users, Form 5 was better for a shorter fight.
    Forms I choose: Form 2 and 4. I choose form 2, because of its focus. It is very effective against a single opponent. Rather than focusing on strength, speed/movement. With a few modifications, it also works well with a saberstaff or duel blades (more on that later).
    However, one weakness of Form 2 is against multiple opponents. Form 4 also has an emphasis on speed but is better against multiple opponents.
    Part 2
    The reason a Jedi's weapon of choose stems from a few reasons. It is a melee weapon. Rather than a blaster, letting you kill your enemies from far away, you must be close to your enemy. This put more weight on engagement, as peace should always be the first open. A Jedi should try to resolve conflict with diplomacy first. However, a Jedi should be able to wield their weapon effectively, as part of their body. The light-weightedness and possible modifications help to achieve this.
    My saber:
    My saber is designed to be very versatile. With the ability to switch between many different variations, allowing me to take the advantages of each. At first, it seems like a saberstaff but the halves can be broken so I can duel wield. If I'm fighting in close quarters, one blade could be stored on my belt. The other advantage is adjustable blade length. I can wield a normal size blade, with a shotosaber in my off hand, or two shotos. I can also use a lightpike, by doubling one blade and disabling the other on my staff. The entire saber is made from madilorain iron, to prevent damages to it.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawan Task #3
    [​IMG]

Thoroughly learn and reflect on the precepts of the Jedi Code until they become second nature. Then when you are ready, write out and share your understanding of what each means to you and their importance in becoming a Jedi.

Be ready as well to possibly answer some enquiries regarding your written replies as directed to you by any resident Jedi of our Temple. ;)

Force be with you.

AbsolX

Mitth_Fisto and BultarSwan like this.
  19. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh you whipper snapper you! My record is thirteen games, presently signed up for nine, co-GM in one, although two are iffy if they will start.

Tim Battershell and Padawan4687 like this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    wanders in, sore and sorry after spending an entire afternoon shooting archery

Might not be lightsabers, but I am not bad at this.. ;)

22. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Adalia-Durron *gestures to a comfy chair* Come, sit down. How are the arms feeling?

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  24. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    **Bow** Greetings, fellow Jedi. I'm glad to see this awesome temple still going strong. RL has kept me busy, but I am back now. That means trouble for Cpl. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Seems I accidently deleted my original post! My shoulders are sore, but otherwise I'm fine Swan!!

Hello Rainbow.

BultarSwan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.