main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah but he's betrayed me already. He's an Imperial Mando, like these guys...

[​IMG]

He hates it that I work for you guys. :p

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Where does he think his allowance comes from? ;)

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    His mother. :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

Imperial Mandos are a disgrace. :p

They sold out their honor to serve the hollow Empire.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    They are honorable until proven otherwise. Proof is how they handle these coming battles with the Rebels.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The Rebels have the force on there side. It shall be an interesting conflict. I doubt they could turn all imperial Mandos to their side, but ya never know I suppose.:)

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Rhetorical question, can the Light Side truly favor the Rebels? The cause of the Rebellion though worthy is not to restore the Jedi but to destroy the Empire. Certainly the Empire has figures who are Dark Siders and even Sith Lords, but does that constitute enough just cause to make the Rebellion favored by the Light? As Mace Windu once aptly said, "we are peacekeepers, not soldiers." Rebellion and even serving the Republic seems to cross a fine line in the path of the Jedi.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    No I do not believe it fully can. Thus the true struggle. It is in every battle, every situation that the Force ways in. In the end, did it truly side with the Rebellion or merely against the Emperor?

Kato Sai likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Well said. And if we side against the Emperor, are we not then slipping into hate and anger? Which are the path to the Dark Side. We do more damage by emphasizing the Light, then obsessing over the Dark.

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    :vader: Impressive post in The Shadow War Zurros Ka

;)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

It was a fantastic post, as was yours. ;) Seeing some wonderful role play from everyone lately. I'm going to have to up my game to keep up with you all.

Zurros Ka and Ananta Chetan like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Interesting Perspective. Indeed it is apparent that I still have much to learn of the ways of the force masters.

While the Rebels have Jedi on their side, their presence certainly gave them a superior understanding, or perhaps favorability in the will of the force. But then nobody doubts the dark aptitude of the Empire was by far reason in its self for the force to favor its opposition. In the end it would all be conjecture.

It truly does work In mysterious ways.

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The general consensus is that the Force moves through the mystics: Jedi (Light) and Sith (Dark), and through governments: The Republic/Rebellion (Light), and The Empire (Dark). However, when the politics of the Rebellion conflicts with the Jedi Code, and even the Force itself, can we as Jedi support it? It is a quandary no doubt about it.

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Again, an interesting perspective. Though as I am but an initiate my understanding of the force may not be quiet up to par of the masters I do question how fighting for freedom could be at odds with the will of the force perhaps my comprehension is just different.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Your understanding is not wrong or sup par, but compelling. A great question, "I do question how fighting for freedom could be at odds with the will of the force?" The best example is in a series (EU/Legends) called "Star Wars: The Fate of the Jedi" when the New Republic decides to disband the New Jedi Order on incident and information that is false. The investigation into the matter is halted, and the Senate decides to outlaw the Jedi Order (Book One of the Fate of the Jedi, Outcast, Aaron Allston). Luke Skywalker, and the remaining Jedi flee to systems like Tatooine. Luke and his Son, Ben Skywalker, even join some Sith who are under this same persecution of the Force by the Republic (Book Five of The Fate of Jedi, "Allies," Christie Golden). The Republic in this situation had created freedom for everyone, but the Jedi. To attack the Republic, especially with the help of the Sith would probably invite a resurgent Empire like The First Order. So what does a Jedi do in these circumstances? If you attack the Republic, you could assist the Sith and Dark Siders, if you go into hiding Kenobi style, the Light Side is hidden and you risk the light being smothered under a bowel, "Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house," (Matthew 5:15) and you run the risk of the Dark Side increasing its grip over the Galaxy.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  16. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Cheers Ananta Chetan, loving writing and reading the posts for the game. I'm hungry for more. ha ha

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Ah yes, well put indeed. Such conundrums have plagued the order often, and I too have read those books. Fine reads. As Luke himself said in the Dark Nest Trilogy "When Jedi are at odds with each other they are at odds with the force." And good beings may disagree even after observing all of the evidence and analyzing all possibilities. I completely concur, and applaud all the examples you used. In the end despite many different comprehensions and understandings of how the Force may work, or what its will may entail I believe that the Jedi stand in a united front Together is the most important factor in ensuring good succeed. For if we turn on one another then regardless of who wins we all loose. This is the greatest lesson we may learn from the past. Weather one chooses to fight for freedom or go into exile to preserve the future, neither is necessarily more noble a decision than the other, however that a jedi remains in the light is essential, and that one does not hinder a fellow Jedi from doing their duty as A'sharad Hett did so leading to his fall. Despite deferring perspectives all Jedi are one in the force.

Kato Sai and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Well put all of you on this. I am deeply enjoying this discussion.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    There is wisdom in it, a fascinating way to expound on the nature of the force and what its will may be. A splendid discussion for sure.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    listens carefully to the conversation whilst quietly sewing

Kato Sai likes this.
  21. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    *quietly places his torn robe in Addie's sewing pile* [face_whistling]

:p

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    notices but doesn't say anything

23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Bards if you via TFN ever decide to auction the movie rights to the current TSW campaign, I wouldn't mind having a say in who plays my character on the big screen. My shortlist just off of the top of my head would be either Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt. :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh now we need to cast everyone. :p Sadly Taab is based on Clint Eastwood from the 1980's so finding someone current to play him might be a tad difficult. :p

25. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Well seeing as his face would never be seen, Clint could still work :)

Not sure who'd make a good Zurros. I'll have a think on it

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.