main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, just need him for the voice over work. :p

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Good to see some real activity in here for a change.

*Enters into tranquil meditation*

BookExogorth likes this.
  3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

The Will of the Force is often difficult to ascertain. So many Jedi without humility shout, "Vis Vult! The Force Wills it!" and then act in contrary manner to the Light. Some have even fallen prey to Bogan (The Dark Side) thinking it was the 'Will of the Force' to become a Dark Sider so that they may bring peace via force of arms. The misunderstanding of the Force's Will is perhaps the chief issue in Jedi Order. Often we believe we must quell the Dark Side, fight the Sith through war and diplomacy, while this is admirable in certain circumstances, in others, as you said (correcting my thinking of Jedi Asceticism and being hermit like Obi-Wan and Yoda in era of the Galatic Empire, this ensured Luke Skywalker had Jedi Masters who were still alive to teach him the secrets of the Force) maybe we best quell the Dark Side by not being breash, impulsive, and leaping into a conflict; but instead we quiet ourselves, and seeking through time, focus, and prayer the Light's design (as far as we can understand it) in the matters at hand. Of course, this is coming from Jedi Counselor. :greensaber:

4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    *Smiles and nods while maintaining a meditative posture*

Yes, Obi-Wan and Yoda's decision to go into exile was perhaps the best they could make in a bad situation. While their is no fault in fighting for freedom, and justice as many others choose to do, there was also great risk. One must be careful, the line of thought that one must enter the darkness to save the light will only doom that which you sought to save. As the ancient Jedi Covenant formed after the original Sith war found out, as well as Anakin, Dooku, A'sharad Hett, and many others discovered latter.

No matter the intent, no matter the cause, or belief that venturing into the dark may somehow do more good in the long run, it is always overshadowed by a far greater cost. The Dark Side is a corruption of the Force, and the risks associated with it are far more than any possible gains. The lights design may be complex, or difficult to ascertain, but it could never, would never, want a being to fall so far and cause such untold destruction on the galaxy as those previous beings had wrought. It is important to stay in union, the intentions of the force are no easy thing to interpret, but standing with them in a united front is perhaps the most important thing we Jedi may accomplish. It is through this union that are wisdom and understanding of the force grows.

I have the upmost respect for Kanan, and his fellow freedom warriors who chose not to hide, standing up to the imperial tyranny. Though I too acknowledge that perhaps their intents are short sighted. Some such the attendance of the conclave on Kessel in the Empires earlier days bordered startlingly close to the Dark Side in their futile attempt to take the Empire Head on, regardless of our choice in how we stand with the force we must never abandon our ideals. Else even in victory, we shall be defeated. Many through their lives away needlessly, and others fell from grace as the previous Dark ones. Though I certainly understand the reasoning for their standing up, for as stated previously how might sticking up for freedom be at odds with the force? Yet their was wisdom in Obi-Wan and Yoda's decision to go into hiding. Throwing their lives away needlessly would not have aided anyone, and perhaps had the others followed suit master Luke Skywalker would have had a far easier time rebuilding the order.

I completely concur with your analysis Master
    As long as one Jedi Lives, we can never be truly defeated.

Goodness, this is quiet the essay I wrote, I hope it counts towards my Padawan trials.[face_tee_hee]

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

I have studied the Jedi archives () and when the Republic ordered the annihilation of Sith and because some escaped they sought vengeance through the advent of Sith Empire (Revan and Darth Malak became involved in this plot under Sith Emperor Volokion). Had the Jedi instead of slaughtering the Sith, left them be and perhaps offered compassion on those deluded by darkness, is it conceivable the blood letting and later death tolls could have been avoided? Jedi Guardians like Revan are quick to want and fight the Dark Side with lightsaber and force powers, they are warriors and are needed; but is not the path of Ashla (The Light Side) suppose to lead to peace keeping not warmongering? (This disturbed me about the Clone Wars and the Jedi involvement). Certainly Jedi must defend the helpless, and those whom the Dark Side seeks to exploit and exterminate; but getting embroiled in warfare because the Republic wants it, seems to me misguided. The Jedi during the Mandalorian Wars hesitated, the Jedi Order was independent then and they believed a more sinister and invidious force was at work behind Mandalorian conquests. They were right in hindsight. The same came of Clone Wars, the Emperor/Chancellor Palpatine was orchestrating both sides, ruled both clones and Federation battle droids. Twice, the Jedi Order has plunged into war only to create more darkness, Revan and Jedi Knights who fought in Mandalorian Wars became Darth Revan after discovering the Sith Emperor during his hunt of the Mandalorians. The entire Jedi Order was almost purged and destroyed because of the Clone Wars, having major losses at first in battles and then being deceived by Palpatine and executed via Order 606. While certainly, "there is a peace only found on the other side of war," (King Arthur, First Knight) we must not be hasty to plunge into conflict lest we repeat Revan's mistakes and the mistakes of Jedi Council during The Clone Wars.

Descending into the Dark Side is folly for any Jedi. But among our ranks there are perhaps the most daring and courageous of Jedi, Jedi Sentinels who infiltrate the Sith from inside and feed information to the Order and even destroy high ranking Sith Lords. Sentinels must walk a fine line, they are still paragons of the Light, Paladins of the Jedi Order, but they must present themselves as full Dark Siders to earn the trust and respect of the Sith. This makes them two a fine line, where they must even learn Dark Side powers like Force Lightning, Force Choke, Force Scream, Force Drain, and more. Only the Grey Jedi Order ventures into such powers, but a Sentinel does so for the good of the Jedi Order. The risks are daunting, for a Jedi Sentinel could be seduced by Dark Side and be turned from the Light or they could become splits, where their minds and emotions are so divided between the facade or fiction and the full purpose of their mission that they develop a kind of madness and split from reality. Only a very special Jedi who can sense the Will of the Force while they mingle and deceive Sith in the inner cycles of the Dark Side can survive and return when their mission is complete with a sound mind.

Globalism (planet or system oriented nationalism, example Kingdom of Naboo) and Galaticism (galaxy-nationalism, Examples The Republic, The Hutts, The Empire, and Outer Rim and more) is dangerous to the Jedi Way. As you so eloquently said, "Else even in victory, we shall be defeated. Many through their lives away needlessly, and others fell from grace as the previous Dark ones." Our cause is Oneness with The Force, and to discern the Will of the Force. When Jedi join the cause of governments, including The Republic, we become duo-focus, and embroiled in politics of those governments. My concern is that we divide our time by being Jedi and arbiters of The Republic or another government; can a Jedi arbitrate the will of Force and wills of sentient life that may not heed the Force nor seek its will? Unity must be found within confines of Jedi Order, as we seek the Force, but there are beings that ignore the Force, and even seek its suppression; and they desire our subservience and submission. It is my analysis that Jedi wasted their talents and lives in the Clone Wars. Masters Kenobi and Yoda decision to become hermits and preserve the last shards of the Light until an apprentice should come was genius. As you said, they did not need to careslessly throw their lives away in resisting the Galatic Empire. When Kenobi did get involved, he perished at his old apprentice's ruby blade.

Indeed, as long as one Jedi lives, the Light survives and can be passed on for posterity.

7. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Goodness master, you have given much thought on this issue, as have I. History is so fun is it not, combines with philosophy it produces such a fruitful discussion!

It is a fair point you postulate, if bringing forth the war caries with it such risks, and hidden threats then is it really worth it? My perspective into those holo records indicates there is always a risk in every decision we make. It is fair to say, as you stated, those greater threats need to be observed and that we should not rush head long into a war, yet there would still be risk in that solution. Your take on the Mandalorian wars are a fair example. Though I have the upmost respect for the councils will, and do acknowledge the wisdom in their action, we would be remiss, if not irresponsible to not see the Revanchist point of view. Would letting the Mandalorians rampage while the Republic crumbles have been a better solution? What of the millions massacred in their unholy Crusade into republic space, The Cathar, the people of Serroco? If the Jedi Order had stayed completely out would it really have been better? Had the Mandalorians gotten to the door of Coruscant would they have spared the Jedi? All in the case of speculation it is impossible to know, but there was a real true danger in that route as well. Even presuming the Jedi of the time were spared, whether they be integrated as "Mandalorian Knights", Or permitted to peacefully withdraw to their own space, the galaxy as a whole could have suffered under a truly war mongering Mandalorians, thousands tortured and killed for their ever expanding war machine, perhaps it then would have been prepared for the coming sith menace, this is a perfect case in which one must ask if the ends justify the means, and I do not believe they would. Perhaps the fear of loosing oneself to the war, and therefor the dark side is too a valid point, yet maybe, just maybe, if Revan and his followers had a calmer, more level headed leadership such as the council, they would not have resorted to the sort of war crimes, that may or may not have led them on their first steps along the dark side. After all future Jedi participated in the Jedi civil War, the Sith Civil War, the Great galactic War, and the New Sith wars and did we did not loose our way as an order. Perhaps an unprepared few fell, but our leadership, our core did not as far as anyone was able to ascertain. Though there is some debate about whether the Jedi Fell in the Clone Wars, I'm on the side that they did not. Though Again this is all in the name of speculation.

The Genocide against the Sith is another matter entirely, and one that greatly perturbs me in how uncharacteristic it was for our order, perhaps the Republic and the Jedi at our worst. The question remains whether or not the Sith Could have been reformed, a matter that delves into the deepest realms of speculation of that so far I do not feel comfortable expressing. All I can say is they were a very war like species, and some beings may unfortunately only understand the barrel of a blaster pointed at them, I can not dismiss the possibility they might have been able to be reformed. Some of them, such as the Sith known as Scourge, show that if nothing else some could be reasoned with, to their own ends admittedly but noteworthy all the same. Compassion while essential to a Jedi's life is not received to well by all beings. And One can only guess how the ancient Sith might have responded to it. All I can say is by the time of their return they were beyond redemption, individuals maybe, but as a whole I doubt the Empire could have been fixed. The Sham known as "The treaty of Coruscant" ought to be evidence in itself.

And then there is the Clone Wars. Frankly I reject the notion that somehow staying out of the Conflict would have saved us. Once Palpatine was elected we were doomed. Staying out may have just hastened our end as he could have labeled us traitors sooner. And at that point it would have been very difficult to refuse, we had effectively subjugated ourselves to the Judicial department with the Ruusan Reformation and isolated ourselves on Coruscant. We couldn't just withdraw in the face of scrutiny, we simply did what we had done for millennia. The Old Sith Wars, the New Sith Wars, and just about every conflict, besides the Mandalorian War as the only exception to the rule, we stood by our ally the republic, and defended it to the end. The Clone Wars were a no win scenario, we did our best, but we were simply outmaneuvered.

And As stated previously fighting for freedom has a nobility all its own, and sitting by while the galaxy burns can have its flaws.

This in no way invalidates the strategy of exile and survival. In the scenario of the purge Obi-Wan and Yoda did the right thing as best as one might expect. There enemy was exposed and had the upper hand, attacking could very well have led them to throwing their lives away needlessly. Hiding the few is easy, hiding the many not so. The moral of this post is there is always a threat in ones actions, and there is always a way to be tricked and defeated. The Sith are somewhat renown for using our expectations against us. There comes a point where there is no turning back. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty, so it is simpler to judge the decisions of the past, yet when placed in the perspective of what was known and what was not known nothing is as simple as we would like to think. There is a time for fighting, and a time for contemplation. We certainly hope more often then not it to be the latter, but it is not always so. We are defenders of the justice as well as of the peace, and we must stand up for what we believe to be right, united in a single front against the dark.

Dark_Lady_Rae and Kato Sai like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Jedi involvement in Mandalorian Wars may be justified by Terra Firma's Cicero and Augustine of Hippo, but the internal paradox of war and its effects on Force Users is beyond PTSD.

The genocide of the Sith by the Jedi by Order of Republic proves that the Jedi should be independent of government. This is another paradox, why did our brothers and sisters partake in this action when they hesitated to get involved in the Mandalorian Wars before? Goverments "corrupt absolutely," that is why we must remain an Order, that seeks The Force, not the foolish ambitions of politicans. I believe the pogroms against the Sith lead them straight to Sith Emperor and his Empire (see video above) as the Archivist testifies. We could have possibly prevented another Sith Empire from getting teeth: martyrs for their endless rage and hate; had we shown them compassion.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Whom would we cast as Ian Thrace in the big screen version of TSW?

James Callis aka Gaius Baltar might be an option. :p

Dark_Lady_Rae, Bardan_Jusik and Gotab like this.
  10. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    he would work. i like Alexander Siddig for it as well (Doctor Bashir - DS9. Doran Martell - Game of thrones)

Bardan_Jusik and Gotab like this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I've been a little out of the TV culture of the western world for some time, so I am not familiar with him.

I wonder who Gotab himself would pick? :p

12. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Actual image of Ian Thrace. :p

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Personally I think I wouldn't mind Garindan playing Hochner, he has the look down ;)

:p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Damn, there's a post in The Sith Academy recruitment thread that i wanna ask about. But, if I'm not mistaken, I'm not allowed to post in there

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If you respectful and do not try to turn or otherwise engage them beyond the question you can post there. Though the risk is high.

Sinrebirth and Kato Sai like this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Inquiry at your own peril. I have spoken with the Sith Emperor (Sinrebirth) and his speech is riddled with complexities that can twist even the most experienced Jedi's mind. I have visited the Sith Empire and spoken with Sith Lords and apprentices. I sought knowledge and to better understand our enemy. Through the trial and temptation of the Dark Side I found the path to falling can be fraternization and a desire for knowledge. Thankfully the Light prevailed, I was not seduced by the Dark Side. I urge caution, for these Sith are not to be trifled with.

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Work is finally over (by which I mean this time-consuming volunteer position I didn't get paid for is done at last) so... who wants to give me a Shadow War recap covering the last like 6 months? :p

I'm going to go back and read but I expect I've missed a lot. Bardan_Jusik - I am going to try and re-enter the game once I've caught up, FYI

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Good day masters. School has recently started for me so my schedule will be a little tighter but you may still hand me whatever trials you had in mind and I will get to them whenever I can.:)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

As Bashir, but this was a lifetime ago, last century to be precise!!

More Like this these days
    [​IMG]

Zurros Ka likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wish to join Gol. What must I do to start initiation noble masters?

greyjedi125 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am sure someone will be along to give you guidance Kato, but I am 100% sure no one here is going to make you walk on hot coals or sacrifice a chicken ;)

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Welcome Kato Sai to the GoL. :greensaber:

Nice to offer you the official greeting even though we know you well as an occasional visitor to the Temple and of course personally via my visits to the NJT group last year. We are happy that someone of your Force proficiency has decided to join us. Usually Initiates are asked to post in thread in a polite and respectful manner for a couple of weeks so that everyone can get to know each other, but in your case that might not be fully necessary. You may also be asked a question or two in the meantime though and can enjoy re-familiarizing yourself with the members of our enclave. ;)

As a Knight in the NJT, what specifically has inspired you to become one in the GoL as well?

ConservativeJedi321 would you kindly PM me (since your settings don't allow you to receive them) regarding your potentially being matched to a Master.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Story time! :p Sorry for the delay I wanted to get in my just posted update before giving a brief recap as it kind of brought everyone back together again.

Last time you posted in the game I think the Temple of Light was still under threat from a Sith Infiltrator. Vagabond's character (Knight Kai Dareagen) discovered the identity of that infiltrator and killed him in single combat, saving not only directly the life of Grandmaster Zey, but ultimately everyone in the Temple as the infiltrator (Darth Praedator posing as a Knight Larod) was going to try to overload the generators and bring down the Temple shields for good. His actions earned him being called his own name by Taab, surely the goal of every player in the game . :p

Subsequent to that the Jedi conceived of a plan to go out and kidnap Darth Zelus from the Sith's planet side basecamp. They had been told by Darth Harbinger that Zelus had within her mind the codes which could bring down the Sith Star Destroyer's shields. Harbinger and Darth Sixtus (both still in the stockade) have also told the Jedi about dozens, maybe hundreds, of Jedi frozen in carbonite and held prisoner on the Sith ship. Harbinger, and only Harbinger (according to the Sith prisoners) can implant Zelus' codes into the Star Destroyer's main computer (via the Force) to bring down the shields. Going on that information the Jedi launched their ill fated mission.

The mission was to be a quiet infiltration of just over a dozen Jedi into the Sith camp, using "thrust sailers" a design of padawan Battershell's making. Your character was a part of this mission (in case you came back in the middle of it you would have something to do ;) ). Disaster struck early on as some sailers were shot down and another had to turn back with mechanical problems. Upon landing the Jedi found that their arrival had been anticipated and they walked into a trap. Heavy casualties ensued on both sides (we didn't write any action for your character, but you can assume that she destroyed a large number of Sith war droids). A rescue mission ran into even more trouble as two out of the three rescue shuttles were shot down.

During the battle two more Sith were killed, (Darth Veneficus by Ananta's character Knight Archisa, and Darth Velerius by Zurros' character, padawan Ka). Both in single blade to blade combat. Simultaneously at one of the rescue shuttle crash sites Runner's character (Knight Loother) killed Darth Zelus and ripped the codes from her mind as the Sith died. It seems no one else in game knows this vital detail yet though. :p Meanwhile, the Sith Star Destroyer began bombarding their own basecamp in a vain attempt to prevent Zelus from being captured. This caused the Jedi there to retreat back to their surviving rescue shuttle and from there back to the Temple of Light.

Right now every active player character is back at the Temple and in the main hanger bay (this was posted in my last update) and recovering from the mission, licking their wounds and possibly some trying to figure out what they are going to do next. Hopefully my wall o' text is helpful. If I left out anything, then anyone else feel free to chime in. Of course you (or anyone else) can PM me regarding any questions.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And now a double post.

Since we're near the 1,000 page limit we normally put on social and fanclub threads we're going to be closing this one down so...

[​IMG]

Of course that leaves us with what to do now with the GoL going forward. We've decided to use a new fanclub thread to do a little remodeling, though not truly rebooting the GoL.

[​IMG]

There will be a few changes in how training is done, we've formalized the process a bit, maybe even stolen elements from the Sith, but if you're a fan of the Jedi, there is no better place to hang out than the Guardians of Light. So please join us in the Temple of Light in the new Guardians of Light thread.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.