main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUC The Weakest Link

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by TheLighterSide, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLighterSide

TheLighterSide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    And there's already separation on the first question! WIGGINS! Your thorough answer nearly bored me to tears. As much as it pains me to say it, you are correct.

SEPHY! Wiggins' answer would have sparked something in anyone else and helped them answer the question. But, I have to remember who I'm talking to. The Original Title for George Lucas' Space Opera was "The Adventures of Luke Starkiller As Taken From the Journal of the Whills, Episode IV: The Star Wars."

WIGGINS!- 1

SEPHY!- 0

New questions up in a bit.

2. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    The answer to that question is a little hard, as you didnt clearly state whether you wanted the original name of the movie, or the original name of the story from which the movie is based... [face_hypnotized]

3. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    Any and all contestant crying will be ignored.

Thank you.

4. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
  5. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    I am not amused.

6. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    i thought the original title of star wars was The Star Wars.

7. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Gavin > Mace :p

8. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    Nope. I have it from a very good source (Mark Hammil and George Lucas) that it's not.

Adam, that might be the most intelligent thing anyone has said during this game. I'm tempted to give you the win!

9. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    [face_talk_hand]

:p

10. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    But I still won. :p

11. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    ENOUGH! It's been too long without a question, and have I got doozies for both of you. Feel free to submit your wrong answers at any time in the next twenty four hours.

WIGGINS!
    According to several documentaries, in A New Hope, Chewie growls right before Han says "You said it, Chewie. Where did you dig up that old fossil?" What Chewbacca's actually saying in English?

SEPHY!
    In the A New Hope original script, Obi-Wan Kenobi has a line in between "You can't win, Darth." and "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." This line was cut from the final film. What is it?

12. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    How original are we talking here? I've looked at dozens of scripts that contain nothing between those two lines. And dozens more that are barely recognizable. Was this something cut during the shooting, or something cut out between drafts?

Edit: I think I found it. It's in an earlier draft, and the line is "This is a Fight you cannot win, Darth." But I'm pretty sure it's still what you're looking for:

Edit2: Unless Wiggins is a poor deprived child who never saw that hilarious line, he needs to get a really hard third question or I'm karked.

13. Wiggins

Wiggins Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    According to several documentaries, in A New Hope, Chewie growls right before Han says "You said it, Chewie. Where did you dig up that old fossil?" What Chewbacca's actually saying in English?

I don't have the SE DVDs. :(

But this is what I found... "That old man has lost his mind,"

Unless Wiggins is a poor deprived child who never saw that hilarious line, he needs to get a really hard third question or I'm karked.

I guess I'm deprived.

Evil.

14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    The question is will the fruits of your deprivation be 'close enough'? (unless I'm misremembering and you're actually spot-on)

15. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    Actually, Sephy, as much as it pains me to say this, you're both spot-on. You force me to dig deep and find questions that are impossible next. PREPARE YOURSELVES!!

WIGGINS!- 2

SEPHY!- 1

Playing for a rounded up total of Four Days' Color Time

16. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    4 days huh? Dont use it all at once! :p

17. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Really? The version I remember (or misremember) is "That man is insane!"

18. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    OKAY! This is it! Sephy must get this answer right and Wiggins must miss for Sephy to tie. Fat chance of that happening.

WIGGINS!
    The story arc of Anakin Solo was supposed to be given to another character, including a scheduled death. Who was this character?

SEPHY!
    The working title of Return of the Jedi was not Return of the Jedi (and not Revenge, either). What was it?

19. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    WIGGINS!
    The story arc of Anakin Solo was supposed to be given to another character, including a scheduled death. Who was this character?

Jacen Solo

I know the answer to sephy's as well. :p

Evil.

20. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    I trust you're referring to Blue Harvest?

21. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    Sephy! Way to stay alive! You got your question right! Bravo to you, good sir!

Unfortunately your extended life lasted only as long as it's taken me to type this, as Wiggins was also correct.

So that means that you, Sephy, were a day late and a wing short. Perhaps if you'd had two you could have soared above the competition. Of course, then you would have ended up all Icarus-like and crashed and burned anyway. Either way you look at it, you were doomed from the start.

WIGGINS! Congratulations for not completely embarrassing yourself and winning the first edition of EUC's The Weakest Link. I now confer upon you the four days' color time you have earned, and one more thing.

Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Nerdius. Lord Nerdius! RISE!

22. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    Nice game guys, congrats to Wiggins.;)

23. TheLighterSide

Apr 28, 2005
    Now that the game is over, it's open to public debate on how we can improve it. So, if anybody has any half-way decent ideas that I can ignore, please, don't hesitate to post them.

24. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Overall, it was well played, the participants and host were excellent. I agree, there are some minor tweaks that can be made, so any input is welcome.

How did people view the balancing of the questions?

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    From the 'helping the host' side of things, its tough to gage what people will know and not know. Lightsaber color should be a fairly simple question, but it turned out to not be.

I'd like us to come up with a suggestion that will work for a progressive hour increase so the banks actually count for something other than insurance, like in the real game.

7 days total is the max you can win in this game.

1 day per round.

So using those numbers if some math person can come up with a way to progress the hours after each question so banking can hurt you, that would be wonderful. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.