main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUCNN - Still Always On!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    After an extended hiatus reporting on the tragedy occurring on the Hoojib homeworld (a Hoojib grazed its knee! shock ) the EUCNN has returned to the Expanded Universe Community to bring you live coverage of the EUC Awards! The semi-bi-sometimes-annual awards have taken place again, in the center of the term of Adalia-Durron over the city. Hosted by the former candidate for election, Evil_King_Wiggins, we have interviewed all but a few of the nominees, and have a ton of insider information for you all!

What are Sinrebirth's plans for world domination today?

Is Darth_Deception deceptively deceivingly sane?

Has Adalia-Durron's family been the victim of a Sith chemical attack?

Who has trodden on Bardan_Jusik and lived to tell the tale?

Who of Jedi Trace and s65horsey have ultimate copyright over Cade Skywalker's buttocks?

Am I, Evil_King_Wiggins really as attractive as PRINCESSCAMBRIA or s65horsey?

Subscribe today to find out this, and more, when you read the awe that is the snazziest (and most gossip filled) place in the whole EUC!

Evil.

2. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN at the Awards! Interview with the current EUS Chancellor, Adalia-Durron.

First off, congratulations on your nomination for Best Patron in the EUC Awards, Madam Chancellor. :)

Thank you!

Being that you received a few nominations, I have some questions for you.

I guess I have some answers for you then. :p

What is your opinion on your nomination for Best Patron?

It flatters and amuses me..I'm way old to be recognized by the young people is really lovely and I thank them all.

What is it that you think makes someone the 'Best Patron'?

Some one who talks to every one and anyone, some who is social, friendly and approachable.

Reading the list of nominations, who do you think deserves the award this time around?

That's not for me to say, all the nominees deserve it.

Ever the politician... What is your opinion on your nomination for Nicest Patron?

Grateful, I try hard to be nice, but its not that hard at the EUC, never met anyone I didn't like.

Who do you think deserves the award this time around?

All of them!

From here on out, I want your honest opinions and not this political nonsense. What is your opinion on your nomination for Scariest Patron?

I find it funny, if they knew me they'd know silly that is!!

Who do you think really deserves the award this time around?

Sinrebirth, he changes his body more often than I change my clothes.....and that's scary!

Haha, that's more like it! :p You've also secured a nomination for Geekiest Patron, what are your thoughts?

I'm proud of this one!! I am a geek and very proud of it!!!

So does that mean you think you deserve this award?

Yes!! I love being a Geek!!!

Some people think you talk to much, and as such have nominated you for Most Talkative Patron.

Hey, takes a lot to earn that one! I think I have earned it! Ask my family, I can talk the leg off a chair!!

Really!? A chair?!? I'd like to see that sometime. Do think you'll take this award home as well?

I'd like to say someone else, but my pink name turns up so much and often takes over! :p

It has been said that you'll be pumping life back into the community. How do you think this can be achieved?

Talking mostly! Whether it be serious discussions about the EU or fun amusing banter and chatter. I want people to come to the EUC to 'see friends' catch up and have a good time, I want them to look forward to the 10 to 30mins a day that they spend with others at the EUC. I want them to smile at others posts, being intrigued, amused and entertained.

Thank you for your time Madam Chancellor. :)

Thank you my friend, I look forward to reading the interview.

Evil.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yup, she is a politician all right. :p

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Didn't EKW run for an office too? Doesn't that make them both politicians?

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    no, I don't think that's accurate. Evil is Evil.

Evil.

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And what are politicians?

7. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    People named Bob.

8. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN at the Awards! Red Carpet Interviews:

Trimaj, congratulations on your nomination for Best Patron! :)

Thank you, Wiggins.

Being that you received this prestigious nomination, I have a few questions for you.

Hey, no problem. I can probably answer them.

What is your opinion on your nomination for Best Patron, do you feel that it is deserved?

To be completely honest, I was shocked to be nominated, much less more than once. I don't feel like I deserve it since there are many who have been far more active in the EUC than I have in the past year. I do appreciate that people think I am deserving, but I don't know why anyone thinks I would be. Honestly, I'd prefer if I wasn't even on the list.

What is it that you think makes someone the 'Best Patron'?

To me the a best patron is someone who is very easily recognizable due to both their having been around for a substantial amount of time, but also having influenced the EUC in a positive fashion that when you think about that person you appreciate what they've done. It also requires a certain amount of activity, mainly the best patron needs to be a visible presence trying to help others be involved with the forums, not necessarily just here either.

Reading the list of nominations, who do you think deserves the award this time around?

Well, it certainly isn't me. :p Of those listed I think that Adalia-Durron deserves it the most. They've been very active in the last year, Addie in particular as the Chancellor and trying to help bring back the Senate, which has been a body for good in the past. If she can help make it such again that would be quite an accomplishment on her part.

You've been nominated as the most likely to become a moderator. Have you even been asked to be one? Would you say yes if you were approached?

Actually, yes I was in the running once, and I did say yes, but that was a couple years ago. At this point it'd really depend on where they asked me to mod as to whether I still would though. Were it the EUC or the Arena, then yea, I'd do it. Anywhere else I don't think I'd really be interested.

Thank you for your time, Trim.

No problem.

[b][i]Bardan[/i]! Congratulations on your nomination for Best Patron in the EUC Awards.[/b]

Thank you, sir.

[b]Being that you received this nomination, I have a few questions for you.
    [/b]
    No problem at all.

[b]What is your opinion on your nomination for Best Patron?[/b]

Frankly, I am shocked. By my post count and join date I am clearly undeserving of such an award. Especially when compared to the other nominees. I am honored to even be counted amongst them.

[b]What is it that you think makes someone the 'Best Patron'?[/b]

To me, its someone who combines the traits inherent to all the other awards. Its someone who is knowledgeable, respectable, reliable and so forth. The winner should be someone who may not be the best at any one aspect, but has the best mixture of these traits.

[b]Who do you think deserves the award this time around?[/b]

Honestly, they are all great picks for Best Patron, and all are deserving. My vote will be going to Sinrebirth, It was his actions that first got me involved in the EUC to begin with.

[b]People think that you'll be pumping life back into the community. How do you think this can be achieved?[/b]

As someone relatively new, I think I was nominated because I represent those of "new blood" to the EUC, and that's ultimately how to revive it, bring in new members. Or at least to get old members out of their individual clubs and interact with each other. When I first joined the forums, I stuck to my Mandalorian brothers and sisters like a mynock. I didn't care about the affairs of the aruetiise. I didn't post as often as I do now. When the Senate was reborn, I watched with some interest and finally began to join in the fun after the first election. It is events like that, and these awards that bring the community closer, and encourage cross club interest and activity. Now I post

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN at the Awards! No one expects the Spanish Inquisition...

sey! congratulations on your nomination for Most Attractive Patron in the EUC Awards.

Thank you, and good luck to you during the voting. :)

Not sure how to reply to that, on to the next question. Being that you received this attractive nomination, I have a few questions for you.

Sure thing.

What is your opinion on your nomination for Most Attractive Patron?

I laughed. PG asked in the chat who he should nominate and I jokingly said myself and that's what he put. Sinre and I have a secret/notsosecret love affair with each other that has gone on for years so his nomination does not surprise me. He knows my Sith character would destroy his if he didn't nominate me or something like that.

Would you be willing to release a photo for people to compare the three nominees?

Yes, of course. :D

Well since I am a female I am going to say EKW. I've heard he's pretty sexy. ;)

I've heard that as well. Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

Only on horseback.

It is said that comics make you cry. What is the most emotional comic you've read so far, and what made it so?

The Legacy comic series by far. I am an emotional reader. I want to be able to connect to the characters on an emotional level and that to me is more important than the story itself which may be a little backwards. I've been crying because of books since I was fairly young and read the Thoroughbred series by Johanna Campbell. I sobbed for days when they killed off Charlie and Wonder.

There have been deaths in Legacy and some of those characters I am quite attached to. I fear the worst is yet to come, however, since the end of Legacy is coming up soon.

So you're a secret Imperial Loyalist? That's the buzz going around anyways. What is your take on the accusation?

Ok so let's look at a scenario here. Jello is the top Imperial Loyalist. If I were to be a an imperial loyalist this would mean that I accept Jello's right to rule.

I could see that happening, on to the next question!

:eek: o_O

Seeing that you've been nominated as the most likely to clone a pilot from rogue squadron, who would it be?

Do you really even have to ask me that? I dare you to find one person on the EUC who doesn't know the answer to this already.

Well I for one don't know.

How can you possibly not know? I profess my love everywhere!

But after some investigative reporting I have discovered that it is Zev Senesca. I don't know what you see in him, but I wish you many years of happy frolicking with your clone. :)

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070405131953/starwars/images/thumb/9/98/Zev-hd.jpg/653px-Zev-hd.jpg]

Thank you for your time, but I must be on my way. :D

*runs away before sey can get any words in.*

[b]Etain, congratulations on your nomination for Most Talkative Patron in the EUC Awards.[/b] :)

Thank you!

[b]With the nomination comes a few questions. May I have a moment of your time?[/b]

Yes, of course.

[b]What is your opinion on your nomination for Most Talkative Patron?[/b]

Well, color me stumped. I have no idea how that happened.
    I don't even feel I am around in teh EUC a lot. [face_doh!]

[b]Well then, who do you think deserves the award?[/b]

Anybody but me?
    As I said, I am not in the EUC oftan and can't say who of the otehr two talks more.

[b]Fair enough, I can't say it didn't take me awhile to figure out who you were anyways.[/b] :p

If it helps any, I am Mslanna actually.

[b]It certainly activates some connections in my cerebral cortex, :p thank you for your time.[/b]

No problem, keep up the good work. :)

[hr][b]

AdmiralNick, congratulations on your nomination for Nicest Patron in the EUC Awards.[/b]

Forgive me, but this smells suspiciously of a April Fools Prank.

[b]You're wrong. I award you no points, a

10. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN at the Awards! It has been known to cure narcolepsy just by being in the room

Kahn_Iceay, someone thinks you'll be banned for no reason. What are your thoughts on this?

Obviously DRL is not the full extent of my problems if machinations are in line for me to be banned for the most glorious pastime of being lazy.

Haha, true that.

RK_Striker_JK_5, You've been nominated as the most likely to cry because of a comic book. What is the most emotional comic you've read so far, and what made it so?

Thor number 362, the last stand of Skurge the Executioner. The heroic last stand, him achieving Valhalla and going out the way he wanted to. The final panel...

You just won my vote by mentioning Thor. :D

Katana_Sundancer, congratulations on your nomination for Funniest Patron in the EUC Awards. :)

I've been nominated for something...? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. That is a first. I didn't even know this was going on, so getting this PM was just a shock.

What is your opinion on your nomination for Funniest Patron?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked, and really grateful that someone finds me amusing. (I do like to be humourous, but I never expected there to be an award for it!)

who do you think deserves the award

I really have no idea...

Fair enough. Carry on. :)

Thank you.

CPL_Macja, What is your opinion on your nomination for Most Reliable Patron?

I am extremely honored by being considered for any type of award, let alone Most Reliable. When I proposed the reinstatement of the awards to the EUC Senate, I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would receive any nominations. So needless to say I am pleasantly surprised.

Well other than myself, it is difficult to say. My competition is a Princess that specializes in Flyboys & an Imperial who has the word Loyal in his title. But I think I would have to go with my wingmate PRINCESSCAMBRIA.

Thank you for your time.

DarkEagle, you've been accused of being a rebel sympathizer, any clue as to why?

I don't know.

:eek: Well there you have it folks, by his own admission he claims that the accusation is true.

dewback_rancher, congratulations on your nomination for Funniest Patron! :)

I'm funny?

So people claim! :p Would you mind answering a couple of questions?

Of course!

What is your opinion on your nomination for Funniest Patron?

I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure! I could've sworn there were funnier people than me out there! ;)

So you say my friend, so you say...

o_O

If you're not funny, then who do you think deserves the award, huh?

Not sure if I can really have an opinion here, given I haven't read many, if any, of the posts by any of the other nominees. So, I'll just say, 'May the funniest poster win!' [face_peace]

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] Ah, you're killing me man!

:confused:

I have to ask you, what is dewback ranching like?

They're quite a lot like giant lizard cows to be honest.

Really? Can you milk them?

[face_talk_hand] You can milk anything with nipples.

I have nipples, can you milk me? o_O

[face_plain]

Well there you have it folks, dewback_rancher!

Rogue_Follower, congratulations on your nomination for Geekiest Patron! :)

I had no idea I was even nominated. :p

So you say... What is your opinion on your nomination for Geekiest Patron?

I'm betting this is someone's idea of a joke, since I'm more of an occasional EUC lurker than a true "patron". AT-ATs are being deployed against the offending party as we speak.

Well if you don't think you're qualified, who do you think deserves it?

I cannot comment on Ada

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    First off by not hiring any lab mice to help me out. laugh This is actually something I have been preparing for since I was a child. I began to play Risk with my parents at around five and quickly learned that Australia was the key. Taking and holding that continent was easy and you could slowly build up your forces for an eventual breakout.

Excuse me? As an Aussie I beg to differ!!

Adalia-Durron has truly talked her butt off trying to make sure we all have just that much more to look at on the screen. And don't think it has anything to do with her Chancellorship. The Madam's platform has nothing to do with her talkingness and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I'm offended.

Huh? You think you're offended!?!?!? o_O o_O

And "Madam Chancellor"? Yeah. If she wasn't the chancellor, she'd have like... 10 posts. And then, where'd she go? Off parenting in RL?? Please.

It's clear to me you have never parented a teenager, and therefore should not be judging, and I had 40,000 posts long before I became Chancellor my....Frenemy, (to coin a newly born phrase), I have been an active member of the EU for a very long time, and of TF.N for longer. I think I'm owed the apology, but judging by your narrow view, I doubt one will be coming anytime soon... ;)

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Typical reporter. Adding things that I didn't say and removing other things I did say. [face_plain]

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I guess I wasn't interesting/important enough to have my words skewed

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Me either. But there were some words added....interesting. Is this a tabloid like reporting method?

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    nothing changed about what i said at all. go figure.

and hopefully everyone'll see how ludicrous that i'm even up there now.:p

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Hey, I didn't even expect one nomination, let alone making it to the ballot.

17. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    *sends Wedge coordinates for EKW's house for imminent bombing run*

[face_whistling]

18. Darth-Jerk

Darth-Jerk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    It's called editing folks. Not everything that everyone says will make every cut. ;)

If you have a problem with anything that was printed in these articles, please send a PM to me. I will make sure that any problems get resolved.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think the interviews have gone fantastically! Sure there is some editing, but it makes the interview come together so much better. Nothing substantial about what I said in my interview was changed. About all that was added were my first two comments (the "thank you sir" and the "no problem"). Those are what I would have said and made everything flow better. Well done EKW!

20. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Now to interview the interviewer!! Evil_King_Wiggins!!!!

First off, congratulations on your plethora of nominations. What are your thoughts/feelings/concerns about being one of the most nominated users in the EUC Awards?

I won't lie. I enjoy the attention tremendously. In fact, I wrote in my diary about it. "Today I found out that people actually like me. I've always hoped this day would come! Maybe mother will stop beating me now..."

Good God, that's sad.

You've been nominated for Most Attractive Patron. On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate yourself on a scale of sauciness?

They do say jerks are more attractive. How often do you catch passers-by checking you out?

Quite often actually, and I don't blame them. Heck, even my mirror gives me a "thumb's up" when I look in it.

I'm giving you a thumbs up right now.

About your nomination for Most Likely to Get a Life, you've stated you already are in possession of one. Is there any truth to that? If so, are you planning on obtaining a second one?

I am actually in possession of two already. I am a United States Sailor on weekdays, and a Citizen of Paradise on weeknights and weekends.

Are you planning to destroy the EUC? If so, what do those plans entail?

If you'd asked me how I was planning to take over the EUC I could answer your question. I have no plans for it's destruction.

uh-huh.

You've been nominated for Most Likely to Become the Next Chancellor. How does it feel to know the people haven't lost faith after the events of the last election?

It feels great, and gives me hope for the coming of the next cycle if my two lives allow me the time.

What are your thoughts/feeling/concerns about the last and forthcoming elections?

About the last election? It's always hard for a newcomer to face off against someone who's been in office before. As for the next one, I have a history with the voters now that they won't soon forget.

o_O On your nomination for Best Patron, how does it feel to be in the running to be Da Bess. ?

I am already the best, my mommy said so. :D

In between beatings, I suppose?

Anyway, thank you for your time.

No, thank you.

A force for good.

Evil.

Oh, I forgot to ask you about your competition!

Competition?

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    According to my count Dece, you are short of the 900 word requirement for this interview by 504 words.:-B

Looks like you better get crackin' on that followup interview.:p

22. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I had to cut the rest out because he just went on and on about his experience with parental abuse. :(

23. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Eh? I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about lizard-nipples...? :confused:

Ah, well, guess the joke's on me! :p

Also...
    I resent that remark. [face_shame_on_you]

I'm as far from a politician as you'll GET, and my name's Bob. I'm too honest and straightforward (read: uniformly blunt) to make it in politics. If I have an opinion, I'm going to express it, polls be darned. :p

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That can get you far in politics, sometimes. Though the Duke of Edinburgh is a national embarrassment, he is also universally loved by the English people. [face_laugh]

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sinrebirth would know exactly what it takes to be a politician.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.