main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUCNN - Still Always On!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah I don't think the eating habits of the EUC members were what EKW had in mind for his next interviews. Perhaps while we await the EUC Award results he should report on the attempted Sith attack on the Wedge Fans?

2. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    They attempted to attack the Wedge club while I was absent?

*again dons his infamous Rambo-meets-Ewok-chic attire* This means war! DENGAR, EWOKS!

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This was not officially sanctioned by the Dark Lord of the Sith i.e. myself.

I simply cannot comment.

O:)

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    If not sanctioned by you, the Dark Lord himself, than who? I think you may need to get your house in order darjetti, lest we all begin to believe that someone else is in charge.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Yes, just as Chancellor Palpatine did not officially sanction his kidnapping by General Grievous. o_O

6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm with dewie! Dewback, meet at the WJFC to plan our next line of action! (after we finish vandalizing daala's place of course)

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I assure you that a full report is in the works as to the nature of the Sith sacking of the WFC. Plus there will be some amazing interviews starting thursday.

Evil.

8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Cool! Looking forward to the fun!

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    We will also have a "sometimes bi-monthly... maybe. news report" segment which will cover the goings on of the entire EUC.

Evil.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very cool EKW, keep up the good work I can't wait to see more here. Congrats on your "colors" too, they suit you!

11. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Thanks, if only I could arrange something a little more permanent. Such as colors for heading up the EUCNN. [face_whistling]

Evil.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think colors and a title for heading EUCNN would be appropriate, but what do I know? I have little real power here.

13. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Someone could bring it before the senate... [face_batting]

Evil.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Perhaps after the Senate looks into your other indiscretions, I will bring this to their attention.

15. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    There is a difference between an indiscretion and a mistake due to miscommunication. :(

Evil.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very true, and since the aggrieved party seems to find the matter closed, I do as well. Unless of course ordered to look into further by the Senate.

17. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    awaiting my interview...

18. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Hold your horses, I've been a little busy living life to the fullest. :p

Evil.

19. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Now we know what side of the family they took after.:p

20. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN At the Awards! Stopping to think, but forgetting to start again.

Best Patron Interview: Adalia-Durron

I believe congratulations are in order for your whelming victory in the Best Patron category. That is THE category to win in these awards. What are your plans to live up to the honor of receiving this award?

Thank you, I am not only stunned by humbled by this award. I've never considered myself the best Patron, just one of a group of patrons who, together, make the EUC great. Being singled out is truely and honor, but this award really represents all those who take the time to come to the EUC on a daily or more basis and participate in lively debates, RPGs, fun and mischief in some cases! To be the best at something you must have competition, and I have the thickest and hardest competition around, it drives us all to post and have fun.

Who would you say is your greatest competition at the moment, and why?

hmmm, you know I don't think I could put a finger on that one. There are so many! There seems to be a resurgence going on in the EUC right now, and it refreshing. Every day older members are reappearing and we are picking up new members too. So in my opinion there isn't just one or two people, its a many parts that make this whole as such ;)

Since one of your goals as chancellor is to see the EUC grow and thrive, do you feel that you are responsible for this sudden growth in any way, or do you think that you're just in the right place at the right time?

Right place right time. Spring break is coming up isnt it in the US? And School holidays in Australia. The boards come to life in during holiday times when people have more time in their lives. Fact is Christmas kills the boards, winter in teh Northern Hemisphere often does too, but they seasonally come to life when the sun shines in the north, and the rain falls in the southern hemisphere. Over the years I have noticed this.

Hmm, I was always under the impression that the boards died down in the summer time. Now, about you being a secret imperial. We all know that it's true, otherwise you wouldn't have been voted to be one. How have you kept it hidden for so long?

Secret Imp agent...hmmm, its not been that hard. The holes in the security grid around the Alliance has more holes than my grandmothers knitting....Being a bad a%$# squadron leader made it easy to cover my tracks with temper tantrums and out bursts of insanity, give cause for all to think I was just a little bit nuts and not a spy. *puts hand over mouth to hide giggle* Antilles and his bunch can't see what it obviously right in front of them.....fools..

Wow, you must take acting lessons!

Acting Lessons? Naw, I'm a drama queen already, lessons probably would be over kill. :p

Thank you for your time, and enjoy your awards. :)

Not a problem, I will. ;)

*disclaimer: The question regarding being an imperial spy was a completely dramatized event.

Evil.

21. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    lol wuts a more basis.

22. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    EUCNN at the Awards! Dance while the Sky crashes down.

Interview with a Vampi... err, a Dark Lord.

Only one word can describe how much of a star wars geek you are. Obsession. What inspired this obsession in you? What was it about this space opera that so ensnared your soul?

First, it was the massive Star Destroyer at the beginning of A New Hope (back when it was just Star Wars), which really impressed me. Then it was surpassed by the Executor, and that dropped me into Darksaber and the X-wing novels, complete with SSDs and the like. This led to Dark Empire, and threw me into the world of the Sith (back when they were rare), and then I was an Imperialist Sith forever.

Be it two Sith ruling a Galactic Empire, or Darth Revan and his Sith Empire, or the One Sith and the True Empire, I loved them all.

Connecting the dots between them all, and ensuring it made sense to me resulted in a desire to have an in-depth view of it all.

The bigger the Empire, the vaster the Star Destroyers and the nastier the Sith, the better.

[face_skull]

Ah, Dark Empire. I remember when I first got my hands on that. Now that the Sith have been explored to more depth, and spammed as a bad guy as some would say. Who is your favorite?

Spammed indeed.

I'd say my favourite Sith are (in chronological order); Darth Revan, Darth Traya, Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, Vergere, Asajj Ventress, Lumiya and Darth Caedus. I'm not impartial to Darth Krayt, but I'm not too sure where Legacy is going, beyond 'truncated'. Shrug. I like my Sith to be manipulators, or those individuals which truly believe that they can do good via the Sith way, or those who use 'Sith' as an ends to a means, a role to be played as that is, indeed, the role they have been handed.

The self-sacrifice Sith remain my solid favourites, be they Traya, Vergere, Lumiya or Caedus - the Sith who go far beyond what it means to be Sith into something truly different.

That being said, I do enjoy the Lost Tribe of the Sith, but we haven't had a Tribe member that is truly significant (though I hold high hopes for the Grand Lord).

Even though you already have a life, it seems that they want you to get a new one. What would your new life be if you had the option?

Well, currently I'm married with a part time job doing a postgraduate course part time, starting full time work in June with children somewhere in the future... so I suppose if I was to get a 'new life' I would become a politician who wrote in his spare time. [face_laugh]

Not a bad choice. What are your plans to revive the EUC?

We need more top down interaction, methinks. The more the Mods do for the area (particularly the EUC Mods), the more community we have. The Moderators are semi-permanent fixtures to this land, and as such should be fixtures in the community. Look at what Sey did in the X-wing FC. As CPL_Macja pointed out in the Senate recently, she reinvigorated that thread. Addie, for her part, is the mother figure of several clubs, though she would do that even without her Mod title.

More leading. Initiatives need creating, or recreating, like the EUC Tours, when the Senate invites posters to post in a particular thread, or the EUC Fanfic, which bound together a good chunk of the EUC at one point, as I recall. I think we need better links to the RPF, as well, perhaps a training thread for the EUC set up in the EUC by the RPF, to allow some of us fun, or even an EUC training thread as a general idea in the RPF, allowing a few threads to get themselves resurrected.

I also think our Jedi problem can be solved by having more links with the SWC, whose Jedi fan club, the New Jedi Trials, has thrived and never really died off (as opposed to the Sith SWC thread, though even the Sith EUC thread could be said to be waning). We need more links, more fun, more events. The EUCNN and EUC Awards are excellent examples of what our community can achieve.

I like your idea for th

23. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    was it the BEST patron interview? Or the Best Patron interview?

good job, wiggins.

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Best interviews ever!! =D=

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very insightful interviews. Looking forward to more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.