EUCNN - Still Always On!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil_King_Wiggins, Apr 5, 2011.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved the interviews! =D=
  2. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    EUCNN at the Awards! Shooting yourself in the foot is actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

A chat with his Imperial Majesty, GrandAdmiralJello.

You been awarded with a prestigious title here in the EUC. What first drew you into the EU, and how has your vast knowledge of the Star Wars Universe affected your offline life?

My first steps into the EU are lost in the distant past, long before this website ever existed and when the EU was still relatively new. I cannot say that I was one of the people for whom HttE was an anticipated prospect, but I was fairly close to that group. As far as how it affects my offline existence: little at all, except to the extent that honing one's abilities to discuss and debate is always useful.

What was it about the Empire that drew your attention and made you want to affiliate with them as you are so well known to do?

TIE Fighter

I have heard great things about this game, though I have never had the honor of playing it. Would you care to elaborate a little on it?

One might as well explain the beauty of an ocean sunset to a man born blind.

Fair enough. Who do you feel has done the most for the Empire in the current EU?

TIE Fighter.

Oh, and WEG too, I suppose. By current you mean the EU of the previous millennium, right?

I'm not quite sure what you're alluding to. :p By current I mean today. Everything that is in print as of 16APR2011.

I'm saying that current EU can't write the Empire properly and ignores the material built up from '76 to '98. The Prequel-era "dark times" is a mess. I'm not entirely sure I'd blame the movies completely, or at all, but the EU has certainly decided to present the Empire as full-throated tyranny from the start, which doesn't match what we were told about it for decades.

I agree with you on this point, which is one thing that has pushed me away from EU during the time of the movies. What about Roan Fel's Empire?

An improvement on the Remnant, but at the cost of using its characteristics as founding doctrine.

How would you like to see the Empire improved further in the future installments of the EU?

People need to recognize that the Empire isn't some monolithic entity. The current EU's best attempts are either evil and not-evil, or Sith and not-Sith. The not-evil and not-Sith come in two flavors: people who defect to the Rebellion, or little fascist-lites, like Pelly and his lot. They're militarists and soldiers. The evil types also come in two flavors, darksiders and power-hungry individuals. I'd like to see more nuance to that. I'd like to see the person who joined the Empire and worked her way up, and became committed to it as a result: they don't have to be a good person, they might even be hardened by it, but it'd be an alternate perspective to somebody who opposed the Old Republic because they hate freedom. Conversely, I'd like to see people who support the Empire because it's the legitimate government, a continuation of the Republic, and they believe in civilization as opposed to anarchy. We used to have characters like that. I want to see somebody fighting against the Sith or the totalitarian types, or even the militarists, but doing so from the inside and doing so with the belief that they represent the true identity of the Empire.

After all, Palpatine melded together all sorts of different people, with different goals and ideals. Yet he did so not just to create unity, but also to create conflict so none could supplant him, who appealed to every single one of those groups. The only time we see conflict in the Empire is when people are fighting for their own power rather than, say, what the Empire represents. Remember Motti v. Tagge way back in ANH? There was plenty of that.

Do you see anything like this happening in the future of the EU, or do you think that we need to bring in some new (or possibly old) writers to see the empire represented in a more po
  3. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Another TIE Fighter lover, most excellent. I haven't played that game in years, though I still have X-Wing Alliance on my PC and enjoy flying TIEs vs X-Wings.
  4. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    EUCNN at the Awards! You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips.

The rest of the story.

presenting New_York_Jedi

The people have spoken, and you are the funniest patron in the EUC. What are some of the inspirations for your humor?

I guess Denis Leary. No Cure For Cancer, epic. Really though I wouldn't say I had much inspiration. I just try to make amusing observations. Failing that, I make everything sound like its talking about sex.

Apparently I'll have to start posting more if people like my style.

I remember when I first joined the EUC that you were one of the people that drew me in. I always enjoyed your brand of humor, and that of the people you associated with at the time. I for one would enjoy seeing you post more.

Appreciated. I guess I'll have to find the social thread that is still active (since I'm pretty sure the Prancing Bantha is totally dead) and drop some humor bombs. Or something

You're welcome around the BMC any time. ;) [/shameless plug]

I'll think about it.

Thank you for your time.

No problem.

presenting KenKenobi

Only one person voted in this category, everyone else was too afraid of you to even mention your name in a private message. What caused you to become such a unstable and downright scary person?

Seriously I think that's my lemonade...

This isn't lemonade.

It's my lemonade.

It can't be, my producer gave it to me at breakfast this morning.

*pulls out a butterfly knife*

*pees*

[face_worried] Okay, it's your lemonade. Please, I'm sorry I took it. Don't kill me! [face_praying]

Have a nice day. :)

*runs away*

now with more CPL_Macja

You've become the most reliable patron in the EUC.

Let me just start off by saying thank you to all of my brothers and sisters in the CJ:NUS, the XWFC, and the WAFC. I would also like to say thank you to you, EKW, for providing us with the awesome banners that you have created. I am working on finding a good color combo for your newest creations to plug into the stylesheets.

How did you become such a person?

I guess it would have to be all of the downtime that I currently have at work that affords me the time to goof off and hang out in the EUC. :p Seriously I have no clue. I guess it is through my love of all things Star Wars and especially the newer additions to that Universe that are Expanding my fun in it. (Like what I did there? Give it a minute! o_O)

Who was it that instilled this virtue into you?

I would have to say it was my time in the military (Go Army!) that instilled in me the attitude of relying on the person to my left and right and that they are relying on me.

What do you like most about the EUC as it currently stands?

That there are others here that are just as (if not more) crazy then I am. :p

Indeed, there are quite a few loonies in this house. 8-} Thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

moonwalking down the grocery isle, it's Darth_Deception!

So you talk a lot... and I do mean a lot. Heck, most of it doesn't even make sense. Just how do you do it?

I think of Bill Cosby.

then I have a pudding pop.

BAHHHHHHHHHH...

On a serious note, when I'm a parent, I will have every episode of The Cosby Show categorized by life lesson and then consult it with every problem I encounter with my children.

Point and case. Thank you for your time

Are you choking?

What?

Are you pregnant?

Not that I'm aware.

I can help!

*walks away*

The horsemen cometh...

I don't understand it, how do you come of being so attractive that the entire community has become enamored with you? I must learn this secret.

I have no idea. That was one award I didn't think I had a chance at winning. The whole nomination />/>/>/>/>
  5. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_mischief] Sinre as Corran... Muahahahahahahahahahaha!
  6. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    "Only one person voted in this category, everyone else was too afraid of you to even mention your name in a private message."

I feel obligated to point out this information is highly inaccurate.

Also, that last interview was Jedi Trace. ;)
  7. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Ok some of those were, disturbing. I am looking at you Deception! o_O
  8. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    I felt the same way, reading it.

Some of it was... dramatized.
  9. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    The media would never do that! :p
  10. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, I don't know. Remember who the reporter is...
  11. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    An upstanding Chiss citizen if I am not mistaken.

12. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    BWA-ha-ha-ha! ...sorry, did I laugh aloud?
  13. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
  14. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    EUCNN at the Awards!! You've got tomatoes; we've got tomatillos.

An interview with all that is Evil, Evil_King_Wiggins.

My text is in bold. His is not.

Hello Evil.

Hello Dece.

Your thoughts on the awards?

They had quite the turn out. Definitely surpassed the senate expectations IMO.

Your thoughts on your awards?

Truth be told, I feel a little jipped. These were the awards I felt I could do without.

Your thoughts on life?

More than you could ever understand.

It is now a FACT that you will destroy the EUC, but you've also been named as the next chancellor [most likely]. Don't these awards conflict? Aren't we doomed?

These awards actually tie together quite nicely. It was prophesied back in 2005 that a great leader would destroy the EUC, only to remake it from the ashes of it's former glory into a shining citadel of grandeur. ;)

Perhaps, though, you already have destroyed the EUC and now Adalia is reviving it to the citadel of gold or whatever. If not, you mean you're going to destroy everything that's going on right now just to take power and revive it? I'm not sure you have my vote, sir.

Seeing as how it has been six years since the prophecy, it looks as though it has already been destroyed and is now in the process of being reborn. Have I had some part in it's resurrection? I don't know, you tell me. I could be the prophesied leader, or I could be the one to pave the way for this leader. It remains to be seen.

Whether you're paving the way or doing it yourself, you're doing something. What have you been doing to restore the EUC to its [former?] glory?

There are several things that Sinre and I discussed doing if we had won the last election, and even though we did not win we've decided to push forward with them anyway. Two such examples are the EUCNN and the EUC Fanfic. There is much more that we would like to do, and will continue to do should the senate and mods approve. Keep an eye out for some of the exciting things that are sure to come over the next few months.

You say you feel jipped. What awards do you think you should've won?

Just one, Most Attractive Patron. I'm a strikingly sexy guy, it's just hard to compete when most of the voters are guys and you're running against two females. [face_frustrated]

I voted for you.

Just a few more questions, now.

Are you choking?

No, you are.

*chokes*

Are you PREGNANT???

Yes, it's yours.

*chokes*

I CAN HELP!!!!

p.s.- this is getting really weird now, what with you being my mother, my son, and now my baby momma as well. I think we need counseling.

Thank you, I'm glad you can help! :) :_| :)

(maybe sinre can console us?)

Your welcome. Thus concludes your interview.

This concludes your life. :)

Evil.

Back to you, Wiggins.
  15. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Now that was disturbing!
  16. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    VERY disturbing... :eek:
  17. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
  18. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't know what this means.

Evil.
  19. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    It means the interviews are over, correct?
  20. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    Unless Kev decides to magically show up, yes. The interviews are officially over.

Evil.
  21. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    [face_laugh]

There is not enough counselling or consoling to figure out Darth-Deception.

=D=

Bravo, my friends, bravo.
  22. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
    The following is a dramatization of actual events, including some fictional elements -- just like stuff your friends or kids tell you.

EUCNN brings you Politics Unleashed!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/WigginsTheBurninator/Kyeeldestann_EKW.jpg]

Power corrupts, and absolute power is kinda neat.

Though Evil_King_Wiggins is considered to be a frontrunner for the next EUC Chancellery nomination, the galactic spotlight has forced him to repeatedly confront a major skeleton in his political closet: that as the intelligence minister of the New Sith Order he once tried and failed to take control of the organization by force.

"Every day I am haunted by the fact that I was involved in such a dastardly scheme to take power that I did not earn." Wiggins told reporters Wednesday, adding that he feels ashamed whenever he looks back at how he poisoned one of his oldest friends in the grab for power. "I'm only humanoid, and I've made mistakes. None bigger, of course, than almost killing Despised1 in my bid for Dark Lord on that fateful April day all those years ago, but that's my cross to bear."

"My hope is that EUC voters will one day forgive me for committing such a horrible crime without seeing it to completion," Wiggins added. "It was wrong, and I'm sorry."

According to Wiggins, if he could do things over again, he would do everything he could to make certain that D1 had gotten sicker and sicker until he died. Promising his days of trying and failing are behind him, Wiggins said that if elected Chancellor, he would never even think about failing in an attempt to remove anyone who stood in his way, and that mortality rates under his regime would always be 100%.

In addition, Wiggins repeatedly apologized for wanting to help people suffer, and said he would ensure that none would suffer as a result of his actions any longer.

"I don't know what got into me back then," Wiggins said. "Not wanting to make sure people were able to have a quick and painless death.
    All I can say is that I was young and immature, and I am not that person anymore."

"The only solace I can take is in the hope that some of the folks I removed were able to come to a quick end, as I did not stick around most of the time to see the results." Wiggins added

Though Wiggins has apologized profusely, Senate insiders said he would need to distance himself from his I-tried-and-failed-to-kill-people image. Sources noted that Wiggins' current promise to end suffering by ending life is a step in the right direction, but might not be enough.

"The major strike against Evil_King_Wiggins is that he not only tried kill people with slow acting poisons, he actually did kill people with slow acting poisons," political columnist Darth-Jerk said. "No other candidate in the field has that type of baggage. And in the end, in order to defeat Chancellor Durron, the empire needs someone who has a track record of never wanting to make people suffer."

Thus far, Wiggins is polling strongly in early primary threads like the Dominion of Darkness and the Blue Moon Cantina, but Imperial strategists and voters agree that even in a general election, his disreputable past would continue to haunt him.

"I don't think I can vote for someone like that," the Sith senator Darth_Deception said. "He says he's sorry, but how do I know that's the real Evil_King_Wiggins? What happens if he gets elected and tries to make everyone suffer again?"

"I like Sinrebirth now," Dece added. "Because what this community needs is a chancellor who doesn't give a **** about making people suffer."

Evil.
  23. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I have to agree..

and the latest information is not helping this feeling~!!
  24. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Yeah that went from bad to worse real quick!
  25. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd feel better about you killing people if you actually killed people, Wiggins.

:p

Ok, so, I suppose I'll finally gather my notes and start up this EUC News thing you've been pushing me to do.

Look for it soon!
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth