main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EUCNN - Still Always On!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    We'll see about that. I'm an expert in libel.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    It's been almost a month Dece! Where is our story?

3. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    *Dimmed lights shine on a desk, where an attractive young woman sits, talking to her co-anchor as she shuffles papers and makes the occasional side comment into her blue tooth. The camera angle focuses in on the duo, they turn forward, paste blindingly bright, infectious smiles on their faces and their eyes light up.*

"Good evening! I'm Swan..."
    "And I'm Steve Zarnoff," the obviously cheesy co-anchor butts in, as he literally moves his head towards the main focus spot in between the two of them.
    "Thank-you, Steve," Swan said in a clipped tone of voice. "Our reports state that there has been work going on behind the scenes around EUCity. Our crew went out and has been touching base back here with us. All we have to say on the matter is..."
    "Wow!" Steve interjected, in an overly-happy and upbeat tone of voice, a huge grin on his face that has nothing to connect it with what Swan has just said and has the effect of making the audience shake their heads at him.
    Swan clears her throat softly, but loud enough for you, the viewer to hear. "As I was about to say, the Senate seems to be revamping, but no one knows if any will stick. Our viewers agree, it's about time! Although there are some of us," here she quirks the corner of her mouth a little, as if she was hiding some inner emotion, "that wonder what exactly will come of it, if anything? Many are asking what use is a Senate? Some say the Senate itself has something to do with this very news station. Our public relations department is still getting to the bottom of who would make such a heinous claim. Anyways all in good time. The Senate? Past, present and future! There are so many things to be done. Where you say? In that very thread. Why there, you ask? Because it just makes sense!"
    *The lights suddenly turn off and a scuffle, a punch and a scream can be heard before lights are turned back on and we see that "Gasp!" Swan is gone! Steve Zarnoff looks as if he's been hit, a world of shock coming through from his eyes as he stares at where Swan had been sitting not a minute before.*

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Intriguing. So this is some sort of fake news station? That will never catch on.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It does during elections! Can we have a debate? Interviews? Open questioning of the applicants??? heeeheeeheeee[face_whistling]

6. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Sure, how about live interviews/debate?

If anyone would like any questions asked of the candidates, just feel free to ask them. This will be an open floor event. :)

Evil.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    How do you plan to bring people BACK to the EU?

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I will take the first crack at this one.

This is a dark time for the EUC and the JC forums in general. Until "the move" happens no new members can join so we can only look to those who already have accounts here to join us in the EUC. And we must hope that those with accounts can remember their screen name and password. :p Still I have an idea or two.

The first was actualy taken from fellow Mando fan Robimus. He came up with the idea for a new thread where fan clubs could post events going on in their individual threads. This would have to be separate from the Senate thread or the EUCNN as they get bogged down in other matters and the Announcements would get lost amongst the chatter. Something simple like the Lit Forum Events thread in our links line at the tip of the page would work. Call it the EUC Calender of Events and everything from EUC wide events like this election and the EUC awards, to activities tied to just a single thread, like the celebration of the death of Chewbacca that took place in the Vong thread or the mando'a language lessons that took place in the mando thread, could be included. Many come here and just click on their own fanclub, sometimes without even logging on I suspect. But if there were a central clearing house where the events of all threads could be seen at one time it may lead to more cross thread activity and perhaps some members we haven't seen in awhile would come back.

Ok that was longer than I thought it would be, but I do have another idea. Not sure how it would work but here goes. Given the current inability for new members to join perhaps we should try to join forces with some of the other forums. The SWC for example. Some kind of cross forum events, trivia contests, fan fiction or fan art contests pitting the best of the EUC against the best of the SWC. That sort of thing might bring up activity levels for everyone. Granted that would be an idea that would have to go through the leadership over there as well. But I think it is worth a shot.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Do I have to answer my own question???

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You don't have to do anything. [face_mischief]

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    tilts head to side and riases eyebrow

Is that a challenge??

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Merely a statement of fact madam former Chancellor. After all if you were being forced to do something against your will I am not sure you would be fit to be our next Chancellor. :p

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I would like to hear your answer to the same question Addie :D

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I would say my record speaks for itself. My past terms reflected a strong amount of activity on the boards, as I encouraged those who had resorted to Face Book and other boards to return and take on those who would see the Darkness fall upon the EUC. I have many 'connections' and would use them to help bring life back to the boards and get people talking. Talking is what brings more people in as I suspect that many call past on a daily basis but are looking for someone to talk to or something to talk about. We need topics of discussion, we need something interesting to be posting about, and I hope to bring forward some subjects worth discussing. The lack of New Users does pose a difficulty, its hard to get new people in on discussions when they cant register, sadly there is little I can do about that right now. But once the boards move, I plan to be encouraging newbies to find the EUC and join up some of the established clubs.

Happy CPL?

As for being forced, no, I am not being forced. Granted I was surprised at the nomination, and when I spoke to adam he was more than a little amused at the reference to him being a 'sidekick', but as a team, we've been working together for some time now and we work very well as equals, holding great respect for each others dynamic differences. ;)

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    EXTREMELY :D

16. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Tell me candidates, why should it be you who gets elected as chancellor?

Evil.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    An excellent question. My opponent has the experiance, and the charisma to lead the EUC, after all she has done this before. However, I offer a chance for someone new to lead us into the future. My campaign slogan Freedom, Growth and Order shows the goals that a Bardan/Sey administration shall work towards.

Freedom for each thread and fanclub to persue the goals and subjects they wish to, without fear of outside intervention from the Senate.

The Growth that can come with us reaching out to the other forums on the TF.N. Alliances can be made with the threads of the SWC and RPF among others. At this time it is only through garnering support from others already posting elsewhere that the EUC can continue to thrive.

The stability and Order that can be reached by ensuring that no individual, group or even an entire fanclub or thread can violate the TOS and expect to get away with it. Attacks on others can not and will not be tolerated.

Now granted in recent times the Freedom and Order of this forum have been well in hand. It is truly growth that is the empahsis of my campaign. With the current situation of no new member registrations I think our best option is to go out throughout the Jedi Council Forums and try to "lure" those who post only in other areas to post here as well. Cross forum events, such as the use of the GoL thread as a launching pad for their activities in the RPF are an example of this. I also propose a series of competitions with the SWC, modeled after their own "Summer Civil War". We cannot count on "oldbies" to return, but we can show what we have to offer to those on the forums who may not have visited us yet.

Also, lets face it. Even if I am not posting, I am always here, lurking. Except when I am not. :p

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I also think it is important to point out that while Bardan has not been Chancellor before, his running mate has. I've also been a moderator and think it is now important to be there to help the newer users who have the drive and determination and vision to make the EUC a better place. I can't wait to step into this role of being an adviser and supporter of the new Chancellor. Ever since stepping down I've kind of felt out of place and I really think I've figured out what I can do to continue to be a help to this community without being the front and center person that I was for so many years.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A worthy point and well made, Madam former Moderator. I look forward to utilizing your knowledge and experiance under my rule. ;)

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Behind every good man is a great woman.[face_mischief]

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    But what about Addie and Adam? Does it mean that behind a great woman is a good man?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    o_O

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Amusing..... o_O:rolleyes:

Let me get one thing straight, and make it clear. Although the title of Vice Chancellor is titled to be a 'step behind' the Chancellor, I want you all to know that I consider Adam my equal, and he won't walk behind me, but beside me. ;) I will be the leader, but all decisions we will discuss, all topics will be talked about and all thoughts and opinions will be considered. ;) Democracy. ;) All topics and decisions will be discussed on the boards as well, the input of the Senate if vitally important to us both, and all thoughts and posts will be considered and taken into account. All voices will be heard. ;) :) Yes, we will even listen to what the Sith Lord Sinrebirth has to say..... :p

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Time for a commercial break..........

The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club is currently holding a casting call for actors who would best fit a variety of characters from the varied history of the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Expect to see a new character being cast every Monday.

Week 1 is starting off with a bang as we cast the first Mandalorian we as EU fans ever got to know, the Mandalorian Super Commando, and future Mandalore, Fenn Shysa!

[image=http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/Fenn9.jpg]

He and Leia were kinda tight while Han was frozen!

Feel free to pop in and let us know which actor you think would best suit this Mandalorian Icon!

Just click here to check it out!

.................We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.