main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Eulogy, a Grievous/OC viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ludo_Kressh, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Title:Eulogy
    Author: Ludo Kressh
    Characters: General Grievous, Ameru Duna (my OC)

Notes: A little vignette aside which occurs during the time of my first fic "Of this, life..." This is the explanation that Ameru talked about right after Grievous arrived back on Kalee after betraying the Separatists...it knid of touchs on Grievous's family and what happened to them...the end should make you think a little, knowing what you know about Grievous in my current fic that I'm still working on...

"I recieved the somber news the following morning....that you were killed in a shuttle accident..."

Ameru started to relate his tale, while Grievous rested his armorplast head against the rest on his recline chair, the low humming of the nutrient pump behind him provided the background sound...

"They hauled in the wreckage, pulled out what was left of you...your legs...", he paused, not sure if Grievous was listening or not, but he just continued, not really caring if he was...

"The funeral...a grand affair! Bigger than General Raand's! Your whole family was there...your wives, your daughters, sons...the oldest, Keeawra, at the head of them all...tears running down her face...Gods, Grievous, she was fond of you!" Ameru quivered as if he was going to cry, but he stifiled it and went on...

"It burned high...the pyre! They must have felled half the forest to procure the wood to build it! The clan lord sent the high priest to preside over the service...he delivered a fine eulogy!"

He went back, his thoughts to that day...the day when everything changed for him forever...the funeral, then he fulfilled his duty to his friend and took in his family...wives, children and all...

"Very helpful, they were...planting the gardens, pulling weeds, picking the vegetables...somehow they knew just the right ones to pick" Ameru stopped again, hoping that his friend would jump in and offer something on their behalf, but the cyborg general reclined back further in his chair and remained silent...eyes closed slightly...

"Your sons, Temeer and Stonu...they had your prowess with the blade and the rifle...fine soldiers they would have made if they were old enough to join the army! Strong too, I swear they could lift almost twice their own weight...oh gods, could they swim! They must have got that from their mother because you couldn't swim a lick!" Ameru laughed out loud at that, causing Grievous to turn his head slightly at the chide...

"Father didn't mind the extra mouths to feed, theyb worked their share, not to worry! No burden at all...your younglings, they always asked about you, not knowing why you were never around...I guess the mothers kept the war from them, you know...not wanting to ruin their childhood like it ruined ours!" Ameru Duna sighed with sad nostalgia, remembering his innocence lost..

"Then the IBC came, with their droids and hollow promises of plenty and freedom! Liars!~ Wouldn't even let me hunt without telling someone first!", he snapped, then he snorted, remembering how one of those clandestine hunting excursions found him where he was at that moment...reminscing with his best friend...

"They wanted to leave...Senefewe and Teawa, your wives...they couldn't handle the restrictions...didn't want the children to grow up in a police state...", he paused again, the pain of the memory caused him to sigh...

"I arranged a transport...the Banking Clan allowed them to leave...I went with them! I still don't know to this day why they let us leave!" Ameru always put the troubling thought in the back of his mind...until now...

Grievous looked up at the last statement, confusion came into his weary eyes...I wonder myself...maybe the gods were with them! Then his friend continued his monologue, concluding with the events that led them to see each other again...against impossible odds...

2. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    Nice job. Very nice. You really know how to write the more tragic side of Grievous's later life. :_|

Very good, Ludo! [face_dancing]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is outside my usual reading preference. But I really enjoyed this. I became interested in the Grievous character after reading some of the Clone Wars books and comics, and you've really captured this quite complex character very well. Bravo! =D=

4. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I don't know much about Grievous, but I loved this vignette. It's so sad and powerful!

5. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Oh Kressh...beautiful eulogy! Very touching... :_| You are such a talented writer! =D= =D= =D= =D= You once again amazed me!!! Wonderful work! [face_batting] :) :) :) [face_batting]

6. Grievous_FanGirl

Grievous_FanGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 12, 2005
    =D= Oh joy to your work Kressh![:D] =D= I give this a big thumbs up![face_dancing]

So sad....:_| *Sniff* But completly beutiful how you wrote it. You totally captured the characters personalitys, bravo bravo!@};- =D= =D= @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.