main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eureka

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by adoyidej, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    One of my favorite new shows coming back for Season 2 on July 10. I thought this was one of the more clever shows to come out last year.

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm looking forward to it. Good humor, lots of fun. :)

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Loved the show.

4. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I only watched a few episodes of season one and really liked it. It got lost in the busy days of work and home life so i'll have to catch it on dvd so i can be ready for season 2.

dkt

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've seen a bunch of random episodes, but I don't know what order they fall in, or if I've even seen the season finale. I'm going to have to rent/buy the DVD's when they come out so I can get a clear idea of the over-arching storyline.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I saw several of the episodes, which impressed me far more than the pilot movie did. I don't think I got a chance to see the season 1 finale, so I'm not sure what to expect going in. I won't have the time to try to get to see any of the episodes I missed, but I will likely read up on episode breakdowns to get a better idea what happened. Eureka is one of the few really decent summer shows out there. Most of the rest of the decent ones are on Sci-fi as well: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

7. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    You should really try to catch those missed episodes. I'm sure you'll lose a lot of the enjoyment just reading the descriptions.

Have you guys seen this site? Has some funny gadgets "invented" in Eureka. I would kill for the plasma interior walls LOL

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/madeineureka/

8. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    The first few episodes of the season were really cool. Th lead actor guy has this witty presence about him that makes the show interesting.

dkt

9. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    What do you guys think of Season 2 so far? I think it's been really well done.

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It's been pretty good. Not so sure about Henry's change of character, but I'm hoping that he gets over Kim's death. He doesn't make a good bad guy.

I also like the humor with Stark, and the Sheriff. Good stuff. :)

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I do like that Henry's character has changed- it's helped shake up the dynamic a bit, and with the artifact basicly gone, it's good to have a new mystery to focus around.

12. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    Yeah the henry switch leaves them with another plot device in their hands...it's like an ace in the hole. I like it as well. Plus the rest of the show is top notch as is.

13. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    He's certainly more interesting. Last season he tended to be just a friendly guy who'd come in and provide the proper gadget to fix the problem of the week. Likeable, but if they play this new direction properly, he could turn out much more interesting to watch.

I think a big part of what makes this show work is the sheriff's charisma. ...And I don't know why I've forgotten his name. Carter? Anyway, he plays the normal guy surrounded by chaos very well.

14. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    I really think he could end up being the focal point during the season. If they let him kind of play behind the scenes for a while he could really do some damage.

15. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    So it premiered in Canada yesterday, and I was pretty impressed. I was wondering how they'd deal with the foreknowledge, and this seems to be the best way.

16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    What, isn't it filmed in Canada? It took that long for you guys to see it? Wow.

It's a fun show. So far, nothing too special, makes a nice filler show while I'm waiting for the Lost premiere or the next Mythbusters episode. :p
    I think it could work simply as an experiment-out-of-control-of-the-week style show, but they start these intriguing story arcs and never come back to them, (they will make a passing reference however) such as the town psychologist's questionable alliegance and Henry's alternate universe. You've started a story arc, now do something with it already! I also think whoever wrote the dialogue for SG-1 is doing this show too. There are points where the main character sounds exactly like Jack O'Neill.

17. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Love it! I've missed a couple, but the one this week was good. I'm patiently waiting for next week. I can't wait for the Sheriff to be a chic magnet!!!

18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Carter the chick magnet. That has to be awesome.

Fargo is especially funny because he reminds of a certain friend of mine.

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Last night's was ... ok. Not the ebst, but they are still carrying over the story arc about Kim's death. Carter reminds me of Columbo, how he goes back to Henry every episode, pulling one more piece, or lie out of him. I really like the way this is being handled. I'm sure by the end of the season, we will have more answers, and it'll lead back to the shrink.

20. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Henry created two alternate realities now? The original timeline would be Kim dies, Henry becomes head of GD then goes back. Timeline 2 is the one seen in the season finale, and T3 is the current. And if I'm right doesn't that mean the universe is still in danger?

21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    the universe is always in danger

but yeah, you make a good point.

22. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    How funny with Sheriff being a chic magnet! I thought it was one of the funnier episodes. Fargo with the mask at the end was a great touch too!

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "I swear to god- if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I. Am. Quitting."

24. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Hee hee!

25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    "Boys! Quit it! There's plenty of back door entry for everyone!"

*weird stares*

"Okay. That didn't come out right."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.