main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eureka

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by adoyidej, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really don't care for the whole artifact/genius field thing. I am a much bigger fan of the silly, light-hearted sci-fi homages that are the "filler" episodes. The finale was okay but it seemed to be thrown together rather sloppily. I guess I just don't care for the evil psychiatrist woman as a bad guy.

-The Rebel Gungan

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I liked their interpretation of teleportation.

3. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Beverly doesn't work as a bad-guy-type for me at all, the field/artifact storyline is boring and unrealistic for me. I like the fun, filler episodes best, it feels like(to me) that's when the show is at its best. Also, I dislike how they wrap everything up like they do. Alot of shows will end an episode on a happy/everything's fine type of note, and that's fine, but when they do that kind of thing on Eureka(like the last episode) it's so cheesy. At least to me it is.

:p

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So what can people tell me about this show? It is starting here in Australia next week on Ten HD...

5. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Surreal fun. A guy becomes sheriff of a small town where the entire population is made up of geniuses who collaborate on government projects. Each week he must save the town as various experiments go haywire. It's a goofy show with some fun characters.

Oh, there's this one dude Taggart played by Matt Frewer who's supposed to be Australian, but his "accent" is horrible. Which sort of makes one think he's more of a wannabe aussie...it's all part of the silliness of the show.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes, to Jesse you listen.

Eureka is surreal, goofy fun. I would describe Eureak as being a bit like The X-Files, but with a Ghostbuster vibe.

7. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    The second season starts on TV here in sweden on March 21st. Is the second season as good as the first one was?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I found the 2nd season better, overall.

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So I watched the pilot episode last night, it was decent. I wasn't expecting to see so many visual fx shots, but it was good. I will most likely keep watching this show!

10. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Great. That sounds very promising.

11. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Who is watching now? Last night was so awesome!

12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Stark is dead!!!!! :_|

13. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Not necessarily. There are many ways that they could bring him back.

Comic book rules apply in scifi as well: No body, no death.

Kimball Kinnison

14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    You're probably right. After all, Henry is no longer in jail.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Crap, I looked at that spoiler, thinking I was caught up, and forgot a new ep was last night :oops: ;)

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Ditto. I guess I need to watch it when I get home, eh?

I haven't been overly thrilled with the season so far. Something has seemed "off". Not sure what it is, but it seems like they are trying hard to make it funny, without the quirkiness that the first season had. Maybe it's just me... 8-}

17. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I think the show has grown quite a bit. I think this season has "maturity." I don't know. I love the show so maybe I'm just into cheesy good fun!

18. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    This past episode was okay at best, and that's when you consider that it was a completely blatant ripoff of SG-1's "Window of Opportunity", right down to the fact that the loops were both 10 hours long. That was ridiculous. Also, Stark's death was somewhat ridiculous to me because all he did was hook up a few cables and then stand there, after telling Carter that he(Stark) was the only one for the job. I mean...really? That seemed weird to me, but I can live with that.

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It was a fairly weak episode --I hadn't seen the Stargate episode, but it reminded me of Groundhog Day, with a twist. Not that I'll miss Stark much, but the "Cleaner" is a cast iron beyotch, and I like her less than Stark. I still like the show, but I'm not sure if these are the strongest episodes so far.

20. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I don't think Stark's death seemed unnecessary. Actually it was needed to move the story along.

I did love the logic diamond though. I thought the episode from this week was a bit on the slow side.

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm getting really dissapointed with this season. Last night, I streamed the one with the wannabe superhero and then the OMG a 9-year-old created a mini-sun going supernova in the sky. Both were fairly weak tea, and it looks like the writers either are drinking too much kool-aid, or just want to make the show jump the shark.

I'll keep watching, but I won't be surprised, or really dissapointed if the show gets cancelled.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I agree. At least with Stark, there was the possibility of trading playful insults with Carter.

As for Stark's death, I suppose he could be stuck in a time loop like Carter was, but they show his body dissolving, I'd say that Nathan Stark is dead.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I didn't mind those episodes, actually. The show's supposed to be about some silly, fun, science-let-loose, problems.

However, it's REALLY pissing me off that SFC has been starting the show 7-10 minutes late, meaning my Tivo doesn't record the end of the show and I have to go online and stream the last 5-7 minutes to see how it ends.

24. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Do you get the initial showing of it, or the late showing? Remember, they have that hideousness called ECW in there, which because it's a "live" show can easily run over. I highly recommend that you try for the earlier showing if at all possible. I haven't had any problems with it.

Kimball Kinnison

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's usually the 9:00 one but it might be the later one now due to Fringe or something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.