main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Europe gets a make over

Discussion in 'Europe Discussion' started by Obi Anne , Nov 3, 2012.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So after having gone through the polls that were posted? in the different forums all over Europe it's time to start moving. I will use this post to explain how the structure will be and how it will happen. I'm hoping I'll be able to answer some questions that I've heard about the reorganisation, if you have others you are free to ask them here. I feel that the most important thing to remember during all of this is that the changes that will take place are more visual than anything else, you might have to click differently to come to your favorite topic, but it will still be there.

The basic new structure will be like this. FF Europe will have four forums and a sub-category
    Europe General Discussion
    France
    German-Speaking FF
    Nordic Countries
    FF Archive

In the Europe general forum you will find all the chapters and forums that do not belong to any of the other forums. In this first stage that will mean that I’m going to move all the active threads from the Spanish and Romanian forums there.

The active threads from France North and South will be moved to the general France forum, likewise with the GSFF North, South and Central threads. Active threads from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden will be moved to the Nordic Countries forum.

All inactive forums will be moved to the FF Archive category, but they will not be merged in any way.

Within Europe, France, GSFF and Nordic, the main forums, each sub chapter will receive its own tag. This is what the main forum in Oceania looks like

[​IMG]

Now if I click one of the tags, in this case FF:NSW only the topics tagged with FF:NSW will appear, just like if you had clicked on a separate forum called FF:NSW

[​IMG]

Within each tag you can continue to post in your own language, just as before. The only tags where you will have to use English are with posts tagged “MOD” or “Europe” since those are tags that are for topics concerning all users, just like I’ve been posting in English when I’ve made announcements in your forums.

I also want to clarify that with this new software it’s easy to move threads around, meaning that this is not an irreversible thing. If we notice that nothing is working out, the structure can be changed, but we need to give it a try first.

Also while I’m moving things it might be a bit confusing, so please be patient. If you feel that I have missed a topic that should have been moved, just give me the link and I will move it to its right place.

What does this mean for the Romania Forum?

I will start with tagging all the active threads in this forum with the Romania tag. Then those threads will be moved to the Europe General forum. Within the Europe General Forum you can continue to post in Romanian and making your own threads, just remember to tag them/use the thread prefix Romania.

This forum, with all the inactive threads, will be moved to the FF Europe archive category, it will not be deleted. If I missed a thread, or if there is an old thread that you want to use again, just tell me and give me the link from the archive and I can unlock it and move it to the Europe General forum.

2. arapila

arapila Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2005
    Why French people can have their own section and we can't? we are almost the most active ff around here... i think...

3. Milena_Syan

Milena_Syan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Well, since having a forum for every country does seem excessive, why not have a section for East Europe?
    It would be in some sense similar to the Nordic Countries section.

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    If there had been more smaller forums in Eastern Europe it might have been a solution to make a regional forum, but there simply was no such forums. The fact that France remains, and might be seen as a single country forum is because there used to be several France sub-forums and they have all been merged into one big forums. If we get more people interested in Eastern Europe it might be a good idea to have a East Europe section, but we can't have a section that is actually just Romania even if it's called something else.

The goal with this reorganisation is to get fewer, but stronger, forums that can attract more users. People have a tendency not to post if most of the forum consists of locked threads. Also in the remaining forums there are active groups that meet in real life, while I haven't heard anything about meetings in the Romanian FanForce during the last years.

5. MaraStardreamer

MaraStardreamer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2006
    We met in real life at least 3 - 4 times a year (last time about two month ago and we will meet again once or twice in December). We didn't post on the forum, that's why you haven't heard about those meetings. And we made efforts in the past few weeks to gather everybody and post again on the board, in an attempt to save the forum. I think we managed to do that, at least for the moment. I can't tell for how long will people stay active, but for now I really don't feel like posting anymore.
    FanForce Romania was our home and now it's gone.

6. arapila

Jan 28, 2005
    Also... in the old version of the romanian forum we could customize the design and add some custom titles for some members, and this thing meant a lot for us. Also, even if all romanian topics are mixed, only romanian people will read them...

7. ROGUESQUAD

ROGUESQUAD Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Disbanding FanForce Romania is definitely an error and an abuse. By moving us in Europe Discussion forum you are actually banishing us from TFN. Do not expect us to remain in these conditions here.

Cyber, incearca sa vorbesti cu femeia si explica-i cum sta treaba. Nu stiu cati dintre noi vor continua in aceste conditii. Mie chiar nu imi place ca ne-au inghesuit aici cu spaniolii si cine stie daca mai dau pe aici si niste somalezi, o sa fraternizam si cu ei... Eu nu voi dansa dupa cum imi canta administratorii acestui forum.

Aceasta postare s-a vrut a fi un ragequit. It failed.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    FF Spain doesn't care. We welcome our new insect overlords.

9. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    I'll do what i can guys. I'd like you all to kindly try the new version of the boards before ragequitting, this system works well too. The community is still here provided of course nobody quits, though i have a bad feeling about this.
    And let's all try to use only english on an international thread. If that was only meant to me it could have been a PM.

PS. Hell, almost nobody noticed when the boards were DOWN for six months. At least now there are people around to complain about a lack of little stars under their name of the fact that they have to click different things on the page.

I'll do what i can about all your issues, but for now the best thing is to keep calm and carry on.
    Heck, send Nute Gunray to say hello to the Spanish, get to know them.
    [​IMG]

10. arapila

Jan 28, 2005
    Well, I don't really care if TFN Romania section will be "dissolved" or not... we are all star wars fans and I don't really care if my topics are listed near the Spanish ones. Maybe it's a good new start for all of us and move our relations abroad. Maybe one day we will have friendly international meetings.

Let's not be haters and move on... can we?

11. Milena_Syan

Milena_Syan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
  12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    FF Romania has not been abolished in any way, it's just in a different place than before. The ability for titles and such is the same as it would have been if you had had your own forum. The change is really just more a visual change than anything else.