European Celebration: 13th-15th of July '07, London

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Lord-Tice, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well my European chums, this is a great day for us. It's been officially announced that Europe will be having its very own Celebration event :D

It will take place next July in London at Earls Court.

Euro Celebration!!

There will be plenty of threads on the London FF forum I'm sure, so if you have any questions please feel free to pop over and ask :)

I hope to see you next year ;)

edit/ added the dates in the title
  2. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    I really really REALLY want to go... only problem will be money. I am after all going to C4 in LA, and staying for a total of three weeks in the US... but I'll make it somehow! ;)
  3. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    This is great news. :D I always wanted to go to a SW Celebration, but it was too expensive and too distant. I really hope to go to Euro Celebration next year, it would be awesome. :D
  4. Darthana Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be expensive, but I really want to go. People who have been to C3 said they had the best time of their lives, and this is my chance to have it too. I hope I'll be able to come.
  5. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    I probably will come to the Celebration Europe! I haven't the time for USA, so I have to come to London!

Matt, you can count on me almost 100%! :D
  6. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent!! :D

We will be getting our own forum soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that one and it will be great to see you again Flo (and Sabine, I pressume).

It will be expensive, but well worth it and a lot cheaper then going to LA, although that would be brilliant too!! But this is the cheaper, more pratical alternative for us Europeans ;)
  7. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    It's kinda cruel, though. I think I'll have to choose. [face_worried]
  8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    It's definetly cruel for us who have already booked the rooms in LA. Thankfully it's easier to find cheap flights and accomodations in London than LA.

And the new forum is up: Celebration Europe Forum
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Everywhere are spreading threads/boards about the SW CE. How great! :D

Matt, you're right. If I can make it (and it shouldn't be too hard) then I'll come for sure. [face_dancing]
  10. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Wohoo! Bank account says that buying a Tube ticket is definitely easier than booking a flight to LA :)
  11. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Since the CE is around the time when we have our EFFM's and since we haven't already started to talk about the next EFFM (2007)...

Do you think the CE will be the next (unofficial) EFFM (more or less I mean)? Means that we skip the EFFM 2007? Or does it come back home (London) where the first EFFM was? :confused: :)
  12. ChimealHeltei FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 5
    I think it would be nice to combine the EFFM with CE. Perhaps we just could have some additional days before or after CE for EFFM? What do you think?
  13. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I definetly think it would be a good idea to have the FFEM together with CE, I for one wont be able to go on three trips abroad since I'm going to C4 as well.
  14. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps once some dates are up (based on me getting employment next year too) Mike and I can plan some dates around that as we are going going to be able to go a week at the most. Alerady looked at flights and that alone is going to cost us about $1,500 which is why only the week ;)
  15. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well if we guess that the CE probably will take place Thursday-Sunday or something like that maybe we could have a FFEM Monday-Wednesday or something like that.
  16. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    I would love to go to this Celebration Europe and meet all of you.
    Though the one in L.A. is also laying heavily on my mind, and unlike the swedes I will not be going to both - perhaps not either, but I hope for the time and money to be there.

But about the Europe meeting, then I would think that it would be better to have the convention first and the meeting after. Allthough a credit card can be used at some places in the convention, then it is better to have plenty of cash, but if you doesn't use those cash, then you may end up with to much. However if the meeting is after, then spending whatever cash you may have left combined with a credit card would mean that you doesn't have a lot of cash and nothing to use them for when going home - this of couse for those not living in England;) .
    Well, that is just my oppinion.[face_thinking] :)
  17. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Having the FFEM in London straight after the CE shouldn't be a problem. In theory we could have the various FF-UK chapters (South, London, Midlands, Wales, North, Scotland) acting as hosts to various trips to see different parts of the UK.

Only problem I forsee is that a lot of people here work 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday - so UK people will have to book 1-2 week holidays for CE to do all this. I am willing if my work will let me, I am more keen to support CE obviously than CIV (though I intend to go to that too).

I am going to take this to the CRs/RSAs of FF-UK and Europe, so we can get a plan going, then bring it back here so we can really develop a plan :)
  18. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Yeah my idea about having the FFEM first was that if you do that you only have to take one week vacation, if you are having it afterwards you need two.
  19. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like the idea of next year's EFFM being incorporated into CE. It's the right time of year, right location and makes it less of a financial burden for those also going to LA.

I also think having the EFFM first would make more sense. It's pretty much a dead cert that CE will take place between Thursday - Sunday, so people can book that week off rather then having to book two weeks off, which may not be allowed or unpratical. It will also be a nice lead up onto the main event, and by the end of CE we could all be knackered anyway :p

It might be wiser to stay with-in the South-South East area purely for finanical reasons. A trip to the seaside would be nice, especially Brighton which is easy to get to from Central London and very trendy, so we'll all fit in nicely :cool:
  20. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    In addition to what Matt said ( =D= ), if (and only if) some people have been to London and wanted to see more of the UK than just London, it may be possible to arrange a day trip(s) out further afield for those wanting to see more. Places like York could definitely be on the agenda, since it is a beautiful English city in the North. Maybe even some form of trip to the Lake District too. But that can be planned as and when necessary.
  21. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I see one problem with having the EFFM before the CE. We don't know on which days the CE will be for sure. Ok, we will find this out sooner or later of course. :)

The problem is that if it is possible to go to the CE for just one day, there might be some people who like to do it (because of money and so on). IIRC the more interesting days are always the ones on the weekend. So people would prefer visiting the CE on Saturday/Sunday for example. But what should these people do between the EFFM and the CE, if first EFFM and then CE?

Maybe it is better to organise the EFFM after the CE, because then people can come on Friday or Saturday or Sunday (without taking extra holidays for this time) and having a nice time after the CE as long as they want (here they need some days or a week of holidays).
    This might be better to plan for everyone in my view, because the visitors don't have the problem about what they can do on the days between EFFM and CE and they can stay for the EFFM as long as they want. :)
  22. Darth_Fizyk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why not having FFEM during CE? :D
  23. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I agree with having the FFE Meet in the UK, but I agree with Sabine that we should wait and see when in July it is first :p For example, if it's at the beginning of July, say, the 31st of Hune, then the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of July, which would be Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, I probably wouldn't be able to make the FFE meet if it took place beforehand, because I may still be in school doing exams.

But if we go to Brighton, I insist on boring you all to death by making you visit Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral :p
  24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Hey, I'm an archaeologist I live for old stuff!
  25. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Heh, I don't, I just live near them :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.