European JCers! Please look in here!!!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been posting in a thread in Comms here ( http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1739636&replies=64), asking why we have an abundance of admins from the US and Australia, but not a single European admin.

It has been pointed out that appointing an admin solely by where they come from is not a good idea, and I agree. Nevertheless, I think that if and when a new admin is chosen, someone from Europe should take priority consideration. If anyone here agrees with me, post here to show your support.

I'm crossposting this thread in the UK and general Europe forum, btw.
  2. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    I don't really take part in the JC, so I can't say I'm aware of the situation... but is there a Euro JCer who's well-known enough among the JC to become a mod? Because it's true that the JC is international, people don't post according to the place they live (unlike FanForce), so they don't have to be represented by a mod from the same country... People become mods because they know the place and the people. If a Euro does so, fine!
  3. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I agree with you commander and I've read your thread in the comms.
  4. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6
    I would think so also, but more because it would be more convenient for them during the time zone.
  5. Storm5 Force Ghost

star 4
  6. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    I agree with Valiowk.
  7. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep there's a good lot of us coming on the JC now, we could at the very least expect two.
    Well it's gonna be a game of politics : ask three to get two or ask one to get two a little later...
  8. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6
    It depends... most important is not where they live in but whether or not they'd make good mods.
  9. Starfox Jedi Master

star 4
    I completely agree, Antilles - as we'd have admins from european time-zones as well then.
  10. GrandAdmiralPelleaon Force Ghost

star 6
    yup your totally right CA

*goes to check the comm thread as well*
  11. sithlord_exar888 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    anyway, how d'ya become an admin.???
  12. RedLord Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree with antilles especially because of timezone

but we need 2 or 3 persons who know one of the more used languages (french and german)

personnaly I know french and a bit of spanish
  13. Twinnie Force Ghost

star 5
    CA's become a mod now, so we have at least one European mod here :D

sithlord_exar888, you are chosen by the admins when another admin is needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.