main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate European ultranationalists!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

also its funny you should mention this because ive noticed a sub-meme in which attractive ukranian blonde politician of yesteryear's international media phenomenon, yulia timmoishereshenko, is compared unfavorably to dear, sweet nyasha myasha

[​IMG]

i assume this is basically the same phenomenon as in the united states when people are like "zomg sarah palin is so much hotter than that **** hillary clinton" or "im gonna hate**** ann coulter" or w/e

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, I object to the picture on the left.

I read that series and she was helping Pope Benedict defeat the Nazis. Using Mahjong. It's a strange comic.

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i pretty much draw the line at anything weirder than sayonara, zetsubo sensei

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Given how that ended I'm going to have to assert that The Legend of Koizumi was not as weird as SZS.

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    wait. that's from a comic about junichiro koizumi?

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes, it's set in a universe where all political disputes are settled via mahjong games. Junichiro Koizumi is the main character. It's actually a halfway decent political satire until the moon Nazis show up.

7. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but political disputes being settled by mahjong games sounds like my kind of thing.

8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

eehhhh yeah i dunno if i can handle it. have you seen bokusatsu tenshin dokuro-chan? id have to say thats my fave satirical anime

parody of magical girl animes wherein an angel comes from the future to kill a boy who will grow up to create a machine that prevents ageing in women (thereby creating a "pedophile paradise") but winds up falling in love with the boy for some reason but frequently loses her temper and beats him to death before resurrecting him and apologizing

the whole thing is available (subbed or dubbed) on youtube

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I've heard of it but a lot of anecdotal appraisals I saw boiled down to "Eh." Might check it out.

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    it also features the anime-within-an-anime "binkan salaryman", about the daily struggles of a handsome young salaryman who ejaculates at the slightest provocation

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Anime is ****ing terrible [face_plain]

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    well yes, that's the premise of dokuro-chan in a nutshell

13. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Not all of it.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why would an angel have to come from the future? Shouldn't an angel already know about the evil in his heart right now?

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i mean if that's the only question you have about the plot of bokusatsu tenshin dokuro-chan,,, i dont feel qualified to address that for you

Rogue_Follower and Ender Sai like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A bit old but still funny

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

in addition to my statement above, however, i would like to clarify that the angel isnt sent to kill him because of the "pedophile paradise" angle per se, but rather because the girls subjected to the anti-aging process become immortal as a by-product and god doesnt intend for humans to be immortal

18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Ok, I should probably have been a bit more clear about what I meant. The issue of who is funding Golden Dawn in Greece is big and important for many reasons. Financial transparency for political parties isn't really a requirement here (the why is long and complicated) so when GD, a party that got less than 0.3% of the vote in 2009, not only maintain a whole building of offices in Athens but also suddenly open offices all over the country since 2012, you really begin to wonder where they got the money. They keep saying they won the lottery, but somehow it isn't really convincing anymore. And since the entered parliament in 2012, we couldn't help but notice that, every time a bill is introduced to increase taxes on ship owners and shipping magnates (ie the richest people in Greece), GD vote in favour of the ship owners. Many journalists have been trying to figure out GD's sources of funding, and we all suspected it had to do with big business, but we're finally getting testimonies, which isn't hard evidence, but it's still a big deal.

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    More evidence is emerging in Greece of close collaboration between New Democracy ("regular" right-wing, currently in power) and Golden Dawn. Have a look here.

Let me note that the source for this post is Dimitris Psarras, a renowned investigative journalist and very well-respected expert on the far-right in Greece. The book he published in 2012, "The black book of Golden Dawn", documents in detail how extremists have always been present in influential positions in the Greek political system and public administration since the fall of the Junta. Unfortunately the book hasn't been translated to English yet, but it's available in French and German.

My point is, this is not a conspiracy theory, this is real. The very, very extreme-right is closely interacting with the so-called "moderate" right. Ultranationalism is spilling over into the mainstream.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Scottish nationals!

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You linked to a blog post as evidence

24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I linked to that post because it's in English ;) You can find the links to Psarras's original articles in EfSyn in the text, but I kind of assumed that not so many people on this forum speak Greek.

PS: The English-language blogger is also a very good journalist, he works for another daily called Eleftherotypia.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Chyntuck is Attenberg any good? have you seen it?

if no to either question, plz suggest another greek film i should peep instead