main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi Anne , May 5, 2014.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Right, but that's hardly the fault of the performers, who just want to sing and (as far as I'm aware) have nothing to do with such policies?

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Actually they're both ISS agents who regularly eat Ukranian babies, so the booing was totally justified.

yankee8255 likes this.
  3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

And witches. Evil ISS witch baby killers.

Actually, there's a rather interesting angle to the German jury. The best known member of it was a rapper named Sido (Paul Würdig). Sido has acvutally been in Austria quite a bit the past few years, especially as a juror on an Austrain casting show called "Der Grosse Chance" (The Big Chance). Which is the show on which Conchita made her big debut two years ago. IIRC, Sido was a pretty big Conchita fan, always giving her a thumbs up (she ended up getting knocked out in the semi-final). The thing is, though, Sido was dumped for the upcoming series. Can't help but wonder if that didn't influence his vote.

You can actually look up the individual jury votes on te Eurovision web site, Sido had Conchita 13th, as did a second German juror. They all had Denmark first.

EDIT: Also interesting was Poland. Their Televoting had Conchita 4th, below average but still quite good. Their jury only had her 19th though, with a wide range from 7th to 24th. What jkind of moral principles were these people basing their judgement on?

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So following on from the guest performance last year, this year to celebrate 60 years of Eurovision, Australia have been given a wildcard to compete in the competition for real!

V-2 and mavjade like this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    WHAT!! That is awesome! :D Their performance last year begging to be a part was a lot of fun!

Now if we could only get it broadcast in the US. Who wants to start a campaign with me. :D

6. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    A site like https://www.proxfree.com/ should allow Yanks to stream the event from the Eurovision website. I'm guessing there will be some slightly less legal streams running at the time, too.

I can't believe it's not broadcast in America at all though, if it's not on BBCA there must be some daft licensing issue...

I'm predicting a lower than usual score for Russia this year. Bloc votes will save them from the same fate as the UK when we were busy in our unpopular invasions - they'll not finish with under 10 points - but I would expect to see them finish on the right hand side of the leader board.

7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh dear:

8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    when is this? yeah i could google but where's the fun in that

9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Semifinal 1 is on Accounting Day.