main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO evaluating collection value

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stl_Imperial, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Hi everyone.

I was just looking for a suggestion. I was thinking that I might want to figure out how much my collection is worth for insurance. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this and how to easily find the most accurate prices. I dread the idea of something ever happening to all of it but then you can never be too careful. I was thinking ebay but that would take forever.

Larry

2. no-wan

no-wan Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Take lots of pictures and GUESS!!!Really!! You'll drive yourself nuts otherwise.

3. jedidansolo

jedidansolo Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    There are a couple of magazines that offer price guides for figures. Toy Fare and Lee's Action Figure News & Toy Review. There are some other publications as well.

As far as insurance goes, I know of two ways to insure items; 1) purchase price 2)replacement cost. Obviously, with Star Wars, you would want to insure for replacement cost. Make sure you have digital photos or a video tape of everything in your collection. You may also have to get an appraisal of your collection.

I guess the main thing is talk to your insurance company and let them know what you want to insure and let them what it would cost to replace. They will insure you based on the value of the collection. They usually charge so much per $1000.

Enough rambling. Good luck.

4. Sith-Kazar

Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I had a house fire and had to put a value to my over 600 item collection. It was not easy. I got a collecter's book, but mostly used that just to get an idea of the value. A vidio and invatory I kept on the computer really helped!

5. Mitb-ret-turuodo

Mitb-ret-turuodo Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    I just them mine was worth ten grand and that's what I'm insured for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.