main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Evansville Fan Force Badges

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    What started out as me designing a possible collectors club badge in Photoshop became something for the whole group. These badges are just in the concept stage and I revised them several times.

I have a few ideas and while these are obviously not official I think if time doesn't work against us we could have a sign up sheet at Free Comic Day and those who "sign up" for a membership will recieve their member badge.

Badges

2. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Cool beans Man! Can we print and use those though? (copyright laws & stuff)

p.s. Thanks for making some with Padme :D

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I don't think we are big enough for it to be a problem. It's just for local use and we are non-profit.

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Great idea, but I do have one request. The unofficial book club symbol has always been Yoda. The whole Jedi council thing. It just seems right to keep using him. Any way you can change the Emperor for Yoda on that badge?

5. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Hey cool, my badge is Darth Vader. I like that.

Does that mean I get a piece of Natalie Portman? :D

Sorry, crude joke.

6. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Nathan, let's just say you can print out her badge and leave it at that. :)

MSD, I love the badges! I think I like the title "Chapter Rep" if it can be changed. It is my title on the boards, plus it allows us to "cover" more area.

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    OOOOH! I like the scout trooper one. Very nice! :)

8. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Thank you all for the support. I want to make a few things clear.

1st of all this is my doing and I assume the costs of making the badges, I also do not expect any type of compensation whatsoever. I do this for my love of Star Wars and my love for its fans.

2nd the images that you see along with the titles given to each badge are soley an idea of what we can do. Nothing is concrete. Nathan mentioned his being Darth Vader and that was the accidental result of something that we can play along with epecially with Preacherman mentioning Yoda as the mascot of the book club. I will elaborate on that later.

3rd I need help finding lanyards that are of good quality that we can use for the badges.

4th The back of the badges will be blank so I need you all to quickly brainstorm about the information to place on it, if we have a logo I need that as well, we have roughly a 3.5 x 4.25 area to fill with e-mail addys, URL's, and so on.

9. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Scott's badge should be the Emperor, not cause he is our evil dictator, but for him being our City Rep.

Nathan's should be Darth Vader for he is the Emperors enforcer, the Secretary keeps things in order, like Vader. ie Nathan heads the meetings when Scott is always late. (just kidding Scott)

The book clubs badge will be Yoda. Which is fitting for most book lovers are often thoughtful, inquisitive, and wise. Like Yoda.

The Collectors Club, if to happen, will most likely be the Biker Scout or Boba Fett for they often track down their prizes, like a collector.

Last but most definately not least will be our members, who will recieve either the same Vader badge as Nathan's or possibly a trooper of some sort to signify our strength in numbers.

For the ladies they can also choose from the various female characters that I have added and will add.

While the 501st is not a part of Fan Force I feel that they should be recognized as they are a special part of our group and I will be working on something for them later on.

Please let me know what you think.

10. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think my lanlard is covered. I have a 501st lanyard that is very comfortable. If you guys want one... well... you will have to get a costume and join the legion!

:)

11. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I added some more badge pictures.

12. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    You beat me to the punch on this one, MSD! :)

I think it would be a good idea to have the person's board name on each badge with their (real) first name below it. Many members either don't know each other's real names, or have trouble putting faces to their board names, and this would help. Thoughts?

-=joe=-

13. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I am going to go ahead and get rid of the address on the bottom of the badge in that it will be on the back of the badge. I think its too long for a casual obeserver to quickly jot it down.

Should it stay or should it go?

14. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm kinda partial to the general Members badge being the one that looks like the movie poster. Kinda all encompassing. I do like the idea of the Screen Name & Real Name being on it too. (although does that mean Ulkesh gets a "?" where his real name goes?) ;)

As far as the back goes: board addy is a good thing.
    Maybe put Position (if any) and SIGs your in (if any) on the back too, instead of on front

And for the silly question of the day:

Are lanyards the plastic covers for them to wear around our necks or attach to our clothing?

15. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I tried to put a first name and it doesnt look too good. It puts too much text on the front and dropping down the text size makes the text look small overall. We want people to see it clearly at 1st glance.

I should have some actual laminated mock-ups and Nathans badge at FCD since he will be there, I hope.

The lanyard is what goes around your neck.

16. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    You can get lanyards and badge covers at Office Depot and Staples. Office Depot seems to have the best prices, plus they have smaller quantity units (like 10 or 12 per box) They seem to run around $5.00 a box. Unfortunately, the largest covers/holders seem to be only 3x4 (both vertical and horizontal)

17. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I have a Taekwondo tournament in Terre Haute this weekend, so I won't be able to make FCBD.

I also have an idea. I'm thinking Scott's badge should say "President" rather than Chapter Rep. I think that would make more sense to the casual observer. Just an idea.

18. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
  19. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    WOW those are so cool! Would it be possible to get a complete set of badges even if I'm not an officer in the club?

charlie

20. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Thats up to Scott. If your a club member you will get a club member badge, if you happen to be a book club member then you will recieve that badge as well.

The only member recieving badges that are not associated with a SIG or standard membership will be Scott, Nathan, and Adam since they are officers of our Fan Force.

As for the badges it will also be up to Scott, Nathan, and Adam how they will be given out. I have no preference one way or the other.

The women will have their choice of the smaller head Vader or the Princess Leia version.

21. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Leia all the way baby! :D

22. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    About the badges, some would say let's keep them special...distribute them to their specific duty or SIG membership only. Some would say, make everything available to all. This is a democracy. I'd say it is open for discussion at a general meeting.

23. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I got the back of the badge posted on the site, click the link above for semi-final badges.

24. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    It may be too late in the game for this.. But I still want to address the name situation. We have an opportunity here to solve the "board name/real name" problem. So many of us either don't know each other's names, or can't put a face to a board name. Even if the names are smaller on the badges, I really feel it is necessary to include it.

An easy option would be to leave a 2 5/8" x 1" space at the bottom to accomodate an address label, that way the name could be easily changed. To save space, the "Star Wars" logo at the top could be "E'ville Jedi" (same font), leaving the club/office/status where it is.

These are just ideas, and I'm not looking to cause problems, but I believe the name situation is an issue (especially for new members) that needs to be solved, and this is the perfect opportunity to do it.

thanks,
    -=joe=-

25. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    What do we want to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.