main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Evansville Fanforce chapter

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I'm interested in possibly starting a Fanforce chapter in Evansville. How do I go about this? I'd like to hear from anyone who would be interesting in joining such a club, as well as anyone who can advise me on how to go about this. Thanks.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well this is the Fan Force Chapter. Now if you're wanting to start a club in Evansville, that's something different but not as hard.

If you need any help, come visit the Indy Knights board and ask around. I'm sure we'd be happy to help our neighbors to the southwest :)

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I think what DarthTKD may be getting at is making Evansville an official chapter. All you need to do is have three meetings which are posted. Once the details of when and where are ironed out in this forum, I post the information on the main FF page (a week in advance is good). After the three meetings, the group decides on who they would like to be their CR. The people nominating the CR contact me and give me a run-down of the meeting (who attended, where they met). After that, your official. :)

Here are some links that may be helpful:

FanForce FAQS

announcing meetings

If you have any questions, please post here or PM me.
    Good luck! :)

4. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Hi Darth TKD
    I was looking to start a chapter when I got this board up. I havn't found a lot of intrest yet but we have a start. I assume you live in Evansville or close by. I know a few people but I have yet to find a strong fan base. Maybe we can find people at the midnight showings of
    Episode II.

If you know anyone. Get them here. If you have any ideas. Put them here. Or PM me.
    I think we can do this, we just need to find more people.

5. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Something you guys might consider is what i'm doing for our Bookclub. go to the local newspapers & tv/radio stations & see what they say about you putting an ad in their Community section to get your name out. It's usually free. Look for the weekly free papers that you would find at the grocery or comvience stores as well. any exposure at all will help. GOOD LUCK

6. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    You have a forum now, lets get things moving. Lets have some more positive activity.

7. SW_HunterD

SW_HunterD Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Only been in town since August. New in the forum too, let my prior registration lapse after I moved. I'd like to know what Evansville and the "tri-state" has to offer in the way of SW fans.

8. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    HunterD,
    Welcome to the tri-state.

This is pretty much as much as we have right now in the way of tri-state star wars fans. I have been EXTREMELY busy and will be for another few weeks. (hooray for speech nationals!) There have been more and more people droping by now that we have a board of our own though, so things are looking better every day. Hopefully we can find people at movie premiers and so on. If you have any suggestions or would like to find more people, feel free to do whatever.

9. darthpope

darthpope Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Glad to see an Evansville board!

jp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.